IGNORED

20/1 to finish in the play offs

And Its Smith

Way to much traffic in front of us. Hopefully we keep the momentum going , get rid of the rest of the dead wood in the summer . Unfortunately lose scotty but it’s going to happen . Nige got possibly 3-5 m to spend from the £45m we sold Alex for , to Bayern Munich .?

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Hmmm 1
  • Robin 2

There's a lot of inconsistent teams in the play off mix currently and the current points total is slightly below par at the moment to be in the play off spots which is probably why there are so many teams in the mix right now. 

It relies on 4 teams not picking up their form to make the target points total too high to haul back. It also relies on us keeping the entire current back 4 injury free as I don't think we have alternatives to keep a solid back line playing and winning consistently every week. Also I think Matty James could be added to that has he keeps our shape so well, he has not been immune from injuries.

Scott is 1 booking away from a 2 match ban and could conceivably pick up enough for a further 3 matches which would be a big miss.

I think if luck is on our side we could go on the sort of run required but it would be asking a lot from us as so far we've had a mini run at the start of the season and the run we've had now in January. 

At the moment we're on the verge as lose to Norwich and it looks too big a task again, but beat them and we edge that bit closer to making it seem really possible and our odds probably drop a little further. 

There always seems to be one team that makes a late push and comes from nowhere, we would need a lot of luck with injuries and the majority of the team retaining the form they have shown as well as the new players hitting the ground running 

Its been done before but the odds are stacked against us - unless the refs start handing out Pens to us like confetti ?

It's certainly a possibility but we would have to have top 2 form to do it and I doubt we're quite there yet.  I felt at the beginning of the season that position didn't really matter unless you're top 6 or bottom 3. A positive win/loss ratio, positive goal difference and 65 points would show clear improvement, make us more attractive to potential signings and raise expectations without people getting too carried away.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, INCRED said:

There always seems to be one team that makes a late push and comes from nowhere, we would need a lot of luck with injuries and the majority of the team retaining the form they have shown as well as the new players hitting the ground running 

Its been done before but the odds are stacked against us - unless the refs start handing out Pens to us like confetti ?

Yeah it's probably achievable if we become the luckiest team in the league.

If, however, we beat both Norwich and Wigan in the next 10 days, then we may as well all get a bit excited ahead of a tough test away at Sunderland.

Two quick wins now could see us in touch with the top 6.

I really don't expect us to win the next two games though. Norwich has scored 4 goals in each of their past 2 away games!

20/1 is miserly odds by the bookies but I suppose its better than no chance, which is what we have of making the play offs. Top 10 I might buy but the play offs? We'd have to leapfrog 11 teams just to finish 6th and not all those 11 teams are going to have a poor run for the next 17 games. I'm usually a half full rather than a half empty man but thus one is beyond my optimism. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, mozo said:

Yeah it's probably achievable if we become the luckiest team in the league.

If, however, we beat both Norwich and Wigan in the next 10 days, then we may as well all get a bit excited ahead of a tough test away at Sunderland.

Two quick wins now could see us in touch with the top 6.

I really don't expect us to win the next two games though. Norwich has scored 4 goals in each of their past 2 away games!

Win those 3 games for 45 points howver unlikely, play off teams will be on about 49 points and then yes we would be in the conversion. Would need an unbelievable run over the next 10 or so games as our run in is extremely hard