IGNORED

20/1 to finish in the play offs

And Its Smith

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

We’ll know where we really are after these block of games 

97381CCD-850A-4890-A883-C73FCA8325B2.jpeg

That's where we need to get our points I guess. The final 6 games of the season are Boro, Watford, Sheff Utd, Burnley, QPR and Rotherham. We're pretty unlikely to get 2 points per game over those final 6.

It's why it's so unlikely we're going to make playoffs. Honestly we could be 8th going into those final 6 games and we'll fade. We just aren't yet at the level of the top teams in this division.

Cannot see us finishing close to the top 6 purely on the run in, I agree with the post regarding our run in and probably fading. We could gain some serious points in the next 10/11 games if we stay consistent or even improve a little, but the run in is brutal and we will definitely be dropping points there.

I'd be over the moon to finish 12th, and get a decent amount of points in the next 5/6 games and hopefully pull right away from any relegation worry. Get safe, and also give a few more youngsters some more experience which will go a long way for the future.

Ps - I would love to see us beat the odds, just cannot see it happening, especially with another few FA cup games on the way.....

• Like 2

Before yesterday's games I got 40/1 to finish in the top 6 and 33/1 for rovers to get relegated. My £5 bet would pay me £6970 or something like that, you never know ?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, petehinton said:

We’ll know where we really are after these block of games 

97381CCD-850A-4890-A883-C73FCA8325B2.jpeg

It's the perfect run of games. Beat Wigan, Hull, Cardiff (as usual) and Blackpool, and that's 2 ppg right there.

That will require consistently high performances though, which we were unable to manage in 2022, but have achieved so far this year.

Steady on everybody! A month ago we were nailed on for relegation after Boxing Day defeat to WBA, now play-off possibilities. To be fair it’s nice there’s a bit more positivity around and nothing is impossible, but I do think that it is pretty improbable!

After the ups and downs of the last few seasons I would be seriously happy if we could end up in the top ten, consistent signs of good results and performances, and plans in place to action over the pre-season to make us seriously competitive next season, to account for with or without Alex Scott’s presence in our team. That’s not a touch of the complacent “it’ll do” attitude. I certainly think we should approach every game with a play-off chasing attitude, aim high, etc., but just keeping my supporters feet on the ground after a few good and well deserved results.

Meanwhile I’ve felt more entertained by the action at Ashton Gate, can’t wait for matches again and hope it continues till the end of this season... and crowd and team spirit continues to grow together ready for next season.

• Like 5

Save your tenner - no chance. More like 50-1 odds. Anyone in the current top 10 can still make it in but we are too far behind and as others have said we have to play the better teams at the end.

Reckon we will end up with 60-65 points. +10/15 on last year which will be good and put us in the middle of the table.

6 hours ago, mozo said:

When was the last time we had a late surge of form to get us in contention?

I remember with LJ it was always a late collapse, but don't recall many seasons where we did the opposite?

Sort of under Millen in 2010 although it sort if fizzled out.

Could argue under GJ in 2006, Cotts in 2014 albeit in League One we were pushing towards.

3 hours ago, TonyTonyTony said:

Save your tenner - no chance. More like 50-1 odds. Anyone in the current top 10 can still make it in but we are too far behind and as others have said we have to play the better teams at the end.

Reckon we will end up with 60-65 points. +10/15 on last year which will be good and put us in the middle of the table.

IF we win all remaining matches then surely we could in 'theory' do it ... Now not saying it's do-able BUT ... It is one of a million possibilities .. wierder things have happened... 

13 minutes ago, Slack said:

IF we win all remaining matches then surely we could in 'theory' do it ... Now not saying it's do-able BUT ... It is one of a million possibilities .. wierder things have happened... 

They certainly have. I seem to recall a club getting relegated out of the league due to three improbable results all coming to pass after not being in the bottom two all season. They had even celebrated survival the week before.

Funny old game innit Saint?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, mozo said:

When was the last time we had a late surge of form to get us in contention?

I remember with LJ it was always a late collapse, but don't recall many seasons where we did the opposite?

The only season that comes to mind for me is 1987-88. Terry Cooper was sacked in March and Joe Jordan then took us into the playoffs (and, unfortunately, David Kelly).

I think if we do happen to beat Narrwich & Wigan we would be on a roll and there would be a few teams looking over there shoulders with us creeping up behind - HOWEVER.

City very rarely if at all win Saturday & midweek home games in a row 

Also Pukki is the new Steve Bull / David Connelly - for all you young uns Bull & Connelly just used to love scoring against us nearly always condemning us to defeat - pukki is very much the same and I must admit I do fear him saturday

1 hour ago, Slack said:

Don't need to win all the games.

Win 11, draw 4, lose 2 

Win all the games against other teams vying for top 6. Score plenty of goals to boost the goal difference. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, mozo said:

Don't need to win all the games.

Win 11, draw 4, lose 2 

Win all the games against other teams vying for top 6. Score plenty of goals to boost the goal difference. 

Out of interest what's the odds on winning every game until end of the season... Surely worth £1??

41 minutes ago, Slack said:

Out of interest what's the odds on winning every game until end of the season... Surely worth £1??

I'll tell you what, let's get as many forum users as we can to all send me £1 for a City to win every game bet, and I'll go and put the bet on... :fear: