IGNORED

Rob Atkinson

Clevedon Red

1 hour ago, eardun said:

Agree. And while I’ve never felt that LCB is Kalas’s best position, he has even played there for the Czech Republic so there is no reason to change. 

The good think about Tomas is that he’s played the majority of his international football at LCB.  It’s very different to someone like Zak going over to the right and having to get used to different angles, positioning etc.  TK knows the position.

We even saw today how TK didn’t get into a position where he was being pressed onto his weaker side in possession.  He receives side on, doesn’t let the ball run across him (very often), so he’s always got the whole pitch in view.

Hope it’s not as bad as an ACL for Rob.  How many times do ACL’s happen so innocuously?

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

The good think about Tomas is that he’s played the majority of his international football at LCB.  It’s very different to someone like Zak going over to the right and having to get used to different angles, positioning etc.  TK knows the position.

We even saw today how TK didn’t get into a position where he was being pressed onto his weaker side in possession.  He receives side on, doesn’t let the ball run across him (very often), so he’s always got the whole pitch in view.

Hope it’s not as bad as an ACL for Rob.  How many times do ACL’s happen so innocuously?

Thought that as well . Looked like nothing but they all seem to be like that . Mine was 

Just now, steviestevieneville said:

Thought that as well . Looked like nothing but they all seem to be like that . Mine was 

Mine too, header with nobody near me, just landed funny.

1 minute ago, James54De said:

Doubt it. First ACL was very late pre-season, and he was due back around January. Likely closer to 5/6 months than 9-12. 

Ayman did his ACL end of last season (first week of May).

1 hour ago, BCFCGav said:

Crap news - can’t wait to have you back big Rob.

So in terms of fit centre-halves - we’re looking at Vyner and Kalas. King as cover. Joe Low recall might be in order?

Or another Mariappa/Klose free agent might be the best option. 

Recall of Low is not possible as we cannot re-register him until next window.

Idehen in u21squad.

Edited by cidered abroad
  • Thanks 1

Just now, The Swan and Cemetery said:

Optimistically hoping NP’s possible ACL reference was to make a point about how the ref/linesman handled it, ie pretty much ignoring a potentially significant injury. 

To be honest . After watching it & he didn’t get up I feared the worst . It’s how acl’s seem to happen . It’s a simple hyperextension that does it  

9 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

To be honest . After watching it & he didn’t get up I feared the worst . It’s how acl’s seem to happen . It’s a simple hyperextension that does it  

What was very clear to me was the medical team took very little time to conclude he could not continue and for Kalas to start to prepare. ACL or not, it was certainly one where the potential severity was immediately apparent.