IGNORED

O'Neills - New Kit Supplier (Confirmed)

Surely most people buy kits,training wear to show they love and support of their club.I can't see the point in buying and wearing something that looks like it is from another club?Completely bizarre  decision making from whoever sanctioned this.Have they ever met a football supporter or even been to a game?

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Surely most people buy kits,training wear to show they love and support of their club.I can't see the point in buying and wearing something that looks like it is from another club?Completely bizarre  decision making from whoever sanctioned this.Have they ever met a football supporter or even been to a game?

Isn't it a Retro City badge? I'm sure I've seen it before

1 hour ago, Slacker said:

Perhaps they have spotted a gap in the market and are hoping to ship tens of thousands to Manchester post codes. Nice shirt if you're a Man City fan.

7 minutes ago, Roe said:

It's terrible. Shame because the training shirts have typically been decent recently

I don't even care about the blue, it's just poor

I’m the same as you! I don’t actually mind the blue, just means we don’t care about the fewers, but the execution is just poor. 

What I can't understand about this stuff is there is absolutely no consistency in branding (basic stuff)

we had redveloped the main club badge to presumably secure copyright on it and within no time Jonny 'Crayons' Lansdown is pushing out that daft 'new' robin design. (the one that tries to make an effing Robin look like a hawk ...)and the old (new) logo is gone??

The O'Neils shirts just copied shamelessly from the Hirerite design - it's not a 'nod to the past' when it's just a copy.

The amateurish misuse of the serifed font on the on screen materials last season was another idiotic choice

Now this?

It's Blue.....

presumably we've crossed the rubicon on this then?

Not a bit of blue, but blue - so our core branding of having a red and white strip is ignored?, the logo is ignored? another  'oooh look at this ' font is used.

Please help me understand. is it generational? am i getting old?

or is Jon Lansdown absolutely terrible at design and should NOT be let anywhere near the club...

• Like 14

9 minutes ago, Antman said:

What I can't understand about this stuff is there is absolutely no consistency in branding (basic stuff)

we had redveloped the main club badge to presumably secure copyright on it and within no time Jonny 'Crayons' Lansdown is pushing out that daft 'new' robin design. (the one that tries to make an effing Robin look like a hawk ...)and the old (new) logo is gone??

The O'Neils shirts just copied shamelessly from the Hirerite design - it's not a 'nod to the past' when it's just a copy.

The amateurish misuse of the serifed font on the on screen materials last season was another idiotic choice

Now this?

It's Blue.....

presumably we've crossed the rubicon on this then?

Not a bit of blue, but blue - so our core branding of having a red and white strip is ignored?, the logo is ignored? another  'oooh look at this ' font is used.

Please help me understand. is it generational? am i getting old?

or is Jon Lansdown absolutely terrible at design and should NOT be let anywhere near the club...

Do we know Jon Lansdown has designed any of this? Is he really there drawing this stuff himself or whatever? Would the chairman really be signing off designs of the training kit logo?

I know he has some media company or whatever (can't remember the name), but that's very different from designing football shirts etc. right?

Edited by IAmNick

Just now, IAmNick said:

Do we know Jon Lansdown has designed any of this? Is he really there drawing this stuff himself or whatever? Would the chairman really be signing off designs of the training kit logo?

I know he has some media company or whatever, but that's very different from designing football shirts etc. right?

I would be equally surprised and horrified if he were actually sitting, tongue sticking out and doodling away, but surely he IS responsible for signing this shite off? or does the Teflon gene run in the family?

the lack of coherent branding is pretty awful

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Do we know Jon Lansdown has designed any of this? Is he really there drawing tracing this stuff himself or whatever? Would the chairman really be signing off designs of the training kit logo?

I know he has some media company or whatever (can't remember the name), but that's very different from designing football shirts etc. right?

Fixed!

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1

36 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

I’m the same as you! I don’t actually mind the blue, just means we don’t care about the fewers, but the execution is just poor. 

Nice colour and logo, but ‘Sky Blue’ and ‘City’ translate as Man City (or Coventry City) to anyone interested in football.

I strongly suspect that blue will appear in our away kit, but even with that tenuous link we aren’t remotely likely to be perceived by anyone as being ‘Bristol’ City in that training kit - with the possible exception of 1 or 2 programme collectors. 

Can only assume whoever designed this is a non-football person. That begs the question what the **** are our Club thinking when signing it off or even commissioning them in the first place. Surely, by now, our CEO has got his hands on the wheel and can see what a shambles our branding, clothing and retail ‘offer’ has become. 

The Club might come out with a social media video explaining the colour rationale. May be they’ve had a colour consultant in who decided as Man City are a great team that our players, by wearing the same colour, will themselves turn into world beaters.

Frankly, I just see it as yet another wasted commercial opportunity, and another weakening of the Club identity.  In the big scheme of things training kit design is relative trivia, but part of a worrying wider pattern of decision-making.

• Like 6
  • Flames 1