IGNORED

Jason Knight signed from Derby - Confirmed

Bat Fastard

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

All the talk on him being on big wages or a bigger wage than say a Naismith/Dickie/Weimann is on….not a chance. 

Players earn their big wage jumps by making moves. He’s been at derby his whole career from academy up. Signed his latest deal, which will have been a jump Up from academy wage, as we were heading into lockdown. 

Would be amazed if he wouldn’t come in as maybe top middle tier maximum in the squad. No chance is he breaking the bank territory imo. 

He isnt the type of player you would expect to break the bank for ether, he's tidy yea, but you wouldn't chuck massive dough at him,

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Will depend on fee and wage demands.

Maybe off but will he fit our wage structure, other clubs can spend quite big. Ipswich who were interested, Stoke in theory have a fair amount of headroom.

We wouldn’t of put a bid in without knowing what wages we’d be paying . We would of spoken to his agent beforehand 

37 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

It might be that we are priced out as he doesn't fit our new wage structure. 

I'm not that convinced that we'll get him. Knight that is- Stoke will be willing to pay the higher wage IMO.

I thought McCrorie was widely reported as being £2m?

Widely reported….in Scotland! ?

FWIW I heard it’s £1.2m up-front and a set of add-ons that make just shy of £2m to be realistic over time.  One add-on taking it over £2m is ridiculous / never gonna happen!

Stoke haven’t even bid…would not be surprised if that’s Derby trying to make us pay more.

5 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

We wouldn’t have put a bid in without knowing what wages we’d be paying . We would of spoken to his agent beforehand 

Exactly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Admin
9 minutes ago, BLRed said:

How’s about stop fanning about and pay the money it will take to get them to accept before someone else steals our thunder? Sooner he’s in, the quicker he can prepare with the squad for the upcoming season

I suspect we want to do two more signings and are making sure we try and get Knight for as low a fee as possible to protect what budget remains for the last signing (replacement for Kalas)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ian M said:

I suspect we want to do two more signings and are making sure we try and get Knight for as low a fee as possible to protect what budget remains for the last signing (replacement for Kalas)

What other positions do you think were looking at? The obvious one is CB but the other not so obvious. Any suggested names for said positions as well?

reckon obrien has become too expensive an option for us judging by NP’s comments on loan fees etc

• Admin
12 minutes ago, BLRed said:

What other positions do you think were looking at? The obvious one is CB but the other not so obvious. Any suggested names for said positions as well?

reckon obrien has become too expensive an option for us judging by NP’s comments on loan fees etc

Just that CB unless Scott goes. Who we go for will depend how much is left in the pot. No idea who but when it is leaked I’ll for sure study @Davefevsreport to work out if they’re any good ?

• Flames 1

32 minutes ago, BLRed said:

How’s about stop fanning about and pay the money it will take to get them to accept before someone else steals our thunder? Sooner he’s in, the quicker he can prepare with the squad for the upcoming season

Go all out for Knight then it will be our last signing, as money is tight

• Like 1

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

We wouldn’t of put a bid in without knowing what wages we’d be paying . We would of spoken to his agent beforehand 

Fair. Stoke will probably offer higher wages though I expect. That said so far I'm a bit surprised, still nearly 2 months of course but they have been very cautious and quiet in the market all things considered.

39 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Fair. Stoke will probably offer higher wages though I expect. That said so far I'm a bit surprised, still nearly 2 months of course but they have been very cautious and quiet in the market all things considered.

Perhaps he's not Stoke's primary midfield target. They'd probably like Will Smallbone back but it's unlikely given the likely departure of a number of higher ranked midfielders and that he'd be ideally suited to how Russell Martin likes his teams to play. That said, as far as I can see he only has one year left on his current contract to 2024.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Putting the band back together then

Yep, Paul Gallagher named as first team coach, too.

Expect the number of penalties that Stoke get to absolutely rocket..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Johnr1986 said:

Stoke are about to sign Ben Person permanently from Bournemouth , so potentially this might lessen there interest in Knight. 

⬇️⬇️⬇️

36 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Plus Daniel Johnson (Preston - Free Agent) 

⬇️⬇️⬇️

29 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Putting the band back together then

⬇️⬇️⬇️

15 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Happy If You Say So GIF

2 hours ago, GrahamC said:

A match made in heaven, can’t stick Ben Pearson or Stoke so when we play them I will be saving up my seasons worth of verbal abuse for them 

• Like 4

21 hours ago, BLRed said:

Piece of piss when you're spending someone else's money!!!

• Like 2
  • Flames 4

13 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Given Ipswich have signed the lad from Posh and Stoke are buying Preston's old midfield, I wonder if we are the only player standing in this pursuit?

Quite probable, hence Paul Warne’s comments which were hardly discouraging.

Think they realise they will sell but are trying to squeeze a few more quid out of us.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Hopefully get him early next week in time for friendlies.  We can't be far off the fee required 

We're not but as the article says we can't go much higher as we are still after another centre back, if we were to go up, I think we'd have to ask Derby to pay it over a longer period, to stay in budget,

But there are people with better knowledge then me on that sort of thing