IGNORED

Jason Knight signed from Derby - Confirmed

Bat Fastard

1 minute ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Can't knock that from Darragh, I do like his honesty.

Remember saying how he liked dealing with Ashton over the Mo Eisa deal? Presumably one of those reasons is he knows Posh will get a good financial deal out of any move!

Exactimundo!

(Although Darragh not slow in coming forward to pacify his fans…expect the truth is somewhere in between)

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I quite like him. He’s pretty transparent, and I like that.

My daughter, who was born in Bristol to an English father and a Portuguese mother and has grown up in Portugal since she was 6, pronounced this until very recently as "trans parent", which always raised the odd chuckle. 

• Haha 2

@Davefevs if not Knight, do you think Twine could be a possible and good replacement should Scott move or is he the wrong area of the pitch? I feel twine is a 10 where we are wanting to play Scott but also has a wicked set piece in him. Can’t see him getting much game time at Burnley. Loan with View to buy?

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

He’s a bit of a knob end isn’t he?

He can be but I don’t see an issue with that video. Nothing wrong with a bit of transparency, and I’m sure Posh fans would’ve been worried that £1.5m was being mentioned, which would’ve been grossly underselling him.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

Then you don’t know him very well. He could have changed but in the short few months I had the misfortune to work for him I saw many people broken and many customers left high and dry. 
Still,  nice honest bloke. 

I don’t know him at all, I can only judge by what I see / read…and that’s all related to football, where I think he comes across fine.

What’s your context?

1 hour ago, BLRed said:

@Davefevs if not Knight, do you think Twine could be a possible and good replacement should Scott move or is he the wrong area of the pitch? I feel twine is a 10 where we are wanting to play Scott but also has a wicked set piece in him. Can’t see him getting much game time at Burnley. Loan with View to buy?

I’ve no idea what they may think of Twine. I’m not sure on the loan to buy under this regime.  Think they’d do their diligence (on any player) and want to buy outright if they felt the player was one they wanted.

As I’ve said before i don’t think we replace Alex like-for-like, he’s a one-off, so it’s about finding players that make us better as a team.  I kinda forget any money we get for Scott because I think we will be careful with funds.  So I’m still looking at the “Tinnion brief” really.

Some players I like beyond Knight:

• Rudoni (ship sailed though, not a chance, but I still like him)
  • Carey (bit like Crooks)
  • Khadra (my loose cannon, but we have Mehmeti)
  • Chilvers (can he step-up)
  • Azaz (composed in the final third)

But Knight my no1.

I like the following as different midfield options, more James / Williams successors:

• Collins (going to Rotherham)
  • Iroegbunam (if available to buy - unlikely)
  • Randall (signed an extension)

If I suddenly found we were gonna change tack and start spending £2m+ on a bunch, I’d have a different list.

18 minutes ago, HoldenBall said:

All gone a bit quiet with this transfer. Thought ball would be rolling a bit more after Ipswich has gone in for Taylor. 

I think we're probably watching the situation but after Ipswich getting involved and Stoke joining the chase I wonder if we're potentially talking to other players. Also with Scott not yet getting a bid on him that matches valuation we may not need a midfielder in Pearson eyes, at least not one playing in the same situation. I guess it depends on Benarous, whether Mehmeti going to be given a chance in the middle, if Weimann is going to go back into that role behind the strikers etc. I'm not sure what Pearson has planned but he's obviously happy with the current squad as he's already made 3 good additions and hasn't yet lost anyone he didn't expect to. 

23 minutes ago, HoldenBall said:

All gone a bit quiet with this transfer. Thought ball would be rolling a bit more after Ipswich has gone in for Taylor. 

The player went on his hols saying he had a decision to make about where he wanted to play next season. That was 5 minutes ago. He'll have at least 2 weeks off, so a little patience is required.  

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Spike said:

I think we're probably watching the situation but after Ipswich getting involved and Stoke joining the chase I wonder if we're potentially talking to other players. Also with Scott not yet getting a bid on him that matches valuation we may not need a midfielder in Pearson eyes, at least not one playing in the same situation. I guess it depends on Benarous, whether Mehmeti going to be given a chance in the middle, if Weimann is going to go back into that role behind the strikers etc. I'm not sure what Pearson has planned but he's obviously happy with the current squad as he's already made 3 good additions and hasn't yet lost anyone he didn't expect to. 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/nigel-pearson-alex-scott-bristol-8553642.amp

On 28/06/2023 at 10:26, Spike said:

nige has been quoted as saying we will sign midfielders ‘to play with’ scott, not replace him, so that indicates that we’ll be looking to bring at least one in before the end of the window

• Admin
1 hour ago, jbcfc said:

nige has been quoted as saying we will sign midfielders ‘to play with’ scott, not replace him, so that indicates that we’ll be looking to bring at least one in before the end of the window

Out of interest when did he say this? 

I have a feeling apart from Knight thats us done in the transfer market 

5 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

It’s Jordan Jones, it’s horseshit.

Pearson can’t come out & say he expects Scott to go, can he?

In fairness the article is pretty much copy and pasting James Piercy’s transcript, so the detail is accurate.

You’ll know I’ve talked a fair bit about long-term succession for James and Williams (and Naismith to a lesser extreme).  I’d earmarked Archie Collins, but he’s gone to Posh.  Shame.  So it was good to hear Nige talking like that too.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, phantom said:

Out of interest when did he say this? 

I have a feeling apart from Knight thats us done in the transfer market 

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/nigel-pearson-alex-scott-bristol-8553642

admittedly, the quote probably translates to “until someone offers us the asking price he will be a bristol city player”, but still.

11 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

It’s Jordan Jones, it’s horseshit.

Pearson can’t come out & say he expects Scott to go, can he?

Quotes from Nigel:

I expect him to be here, and he’ll be here. That’s how I approach the situation.

This has been read by some as saying Alex is staying when he is just saying that he is planning on that assumption at present.

In that area we’ve got quite an ageing midfield and everybody seems keen to write Alex Scott off as being gone. If we sign somebody in that area, we’re not replacing Alex Scott.

So he wants a midfielder even if Alex stays and is again working on the assumption that he will. He is not saying that he definitely will.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2