IGNORED

Jason Knight signed from Derby - Confirmed

Bat Fastard

16 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Why are centre mids judged by the amount of goals they score on here? Gives no indication of the quality of the player whatsoever.

Well it does a bit. The quality of any player particularly in midfield is going to be judged on a number of levels and issues. Goals is an incorporating factor. 

Hence the criticism on here by a few numpties of a 19 year old phenomenon! 

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Lower than that is my guess / hope!

image.png.84fca9f48f4f44f2c35a1e2d1ac112f0.png

What’s lower than A.King…..a Jason Knight!

We could have gone for both of Knight and Beilik but  " you get nothing for a pair - not in this game!"

38 minutes ago, SBB said:

I think a few are missing the point you were trying to make, mate. 

Let me Justify - The point i was trying to make is that someone questioned that we were signing knight on the basis of the fact hes only scored a few times this year - hence why I made the scott comparison as Scott is one of the best players in the EFL and has scored twice this year.

Rant over.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Well it does a bit. The quality of any player particularly in midfield is going to be judged on a number of levels and issues. Goals is an incorporating factor. 

Hence the criticism on here by a few numpties of a 19 year old phenomenon! 

Goals is so far down the list though it’s borderline irrelevant. Obviously it would be nice if any player that’s not a forward could score consistently but not scoring often doesn’t detract from a centre midfielder.

Matty James has scored once since arriving. Nobody is mentioning this (quite rightly) because it’s not his job.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Simon bristol said:

Yes, though i doubt we have the appetite to go into the 20k per week salary range,,, and neither should we!

Agree, wage structure in place for a reason…and likely to be new FFP rules coming in that will look at wages too.

35 minutes ago, Marcus Aurelius said:

Scott got 42(?) second assists, or whatever it’s called, goal scoring opportunities maybe.. the ball before the assist, I don’t know. Stats can be used to show any bias, ignore them..

Stats used with understanding and context are very useful. ?

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, OliOTIB said:

Let me Justify - The point i was trying to make is that someone questioned that we were signing knight on the basis of the fact hes only scored a few times this year - hence why I made the scott comparison as Scott is one of the best players in the EFL and has scored twice this year.

Rant over.

Sorry pal, i caused you a load of ball ache!

Think Jason Knight currently, seems like a more defensive version of Andi. Not necessarily one of the best in the league at any one thing (semenyo -pace&power, scotty beating a man/chance creation) but very good all around. As the stats shown by @Davefevs suggest. 

Can understand why people at first might turn their noses up, might not be the flashiest or the most intriguing player to watch, but not every player can be. 

Seems very adept in the press, composed, passes well and good tackling. Imo all of what I want from a central midfielder.

Seems that some forget he’s also only 21 as well, if we do end up spending 2m or around there on him, it’s clear that he’s favoured by Pearson because he has a plan for him. Might see him as a Korey smith type, hassles opponents and doesn’t give them space. Or a Josh Brownhill, deep chance creation etc.

A Pearson transfer hasn’t let me down yet, except Wilson (injuries most likely ruined his city career), so I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Edited by George Rs
  • Like 4

52 minutes ago, KegCity said:

Goals is so far down the list though it’s borderline irrelevant. Obviously it would be nice if any player that’s not a forward could score consistently but not scoring often doesn’t detract from a centre midfielder.

Matty James has scored once since arriving. Nobody is mentioning this (quite rightly) because it’s not his job.

To be fair Pearson has mentioned it, in the context that between our midfield we don’t get enough goals. It’s the truth. Individuals will weigh in to a greater or lesser degree from midfield,  however as a unit they have to get some. Scott at 19 gets something of a pass as so much pivots from him deep however Williams James Naysmith et al are all good players but all know they need to get more between them. It is the difference between to ten and top six. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, petehinton said:

170 games at the age of 22….became a full international as a teenager, think those things tell you all you need to know tbh. 

Agree fully. And even in the last year of his contract 2million could be a good investment. Easy to say when it’s not my money I know but he will only get better. 

19 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Think Jason Knight currently, seems like a more defensive version of Andi. Not necessarily one of the best in the league at any one thing (semenyo -pace&power, scotty beating a man/chance creation) but very good all around. As the stats shown by @Davefevs suggest. 

Can understand why people at first might turn their noses up, might not be the flashiest or the most intriguing player to watch, but not every player can be. 

Seems very adept in the press, composed, passes well and good tackling. Imo all of what I want from a central midfielder.

Seems that some forget he’s also only 21 as well, if we do end up spending 2m or around there on him, it’s clear that he’s favoured by Pearson because he has a plan for him. Might see him as a Korey smith type, hassles opponents and doesn’t give them space. Or a Josh Brownhill, deep chance creation etc.

A Pearson transfer hasn’t let me down yet, except Wilson (injuries most likely ruined his city career), so I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt on this one.

Our midfield needs a runner.

We currently lack an ‘intense’ press from the middle of the pitch. 

Conway is fantastic at pressing the defence, but often once that 1st line is broken (past Conway), then it’s relatively comfortable for the opposition when in possession. 

Weimann and Knight would allow us to maintain that intensity, and not give the opposition a moments rest. 

• Like 8