IGNORED

Jason Knight signed from Derby - Confirmed

Bat Fastard

27 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Absolutely fuming you're as ITK as me. Sorry, more ITK than me... 

Mates with Mark Sykes, who's been sowing the seeds.

Let's see... 

40 minutes ago, Bcfcshags said:

1.5million offer on the table from us. Other clubs in for him 

This would be a good one.

Can play 8 or 10.

Are the clubs in for him better placed? I imagine it’ll probably be clubs like Ipswich, Sunderland etc won’t it.

I can’t see us landing him but wow I hope I’m wrong.

5 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

King is finished, McCrorie will play RB, Williams is rubbish and in the last year of his time as a City player. Scott will probably leave.

We're not top heavy at all! 

Williams is tidy! Hit and miss I grant you, but a capable Championship midfielder. On his day a very good one, when he’s in ‘destroyer’ mode breaking up opposition play.

And Scott’s staying because he loves us… ?

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

just lived in hope that my no1 recruitment option at least had a rumour / story in the mix.  Felt a bit of wee! ?

What kind of player is he? Who would he remind me of? Not seen much of him so don't really know what type we're after here

4 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Williams is tidy! Hit and miss I grant you, but a capable Championship midfielder. On his day a very good one, when he’s in ‘destroyer’ mode breaking up opposition play.

Must have missed those 5 minutes!

You're describing the Joe Williams of Bolton and Wigan unfortunately, not the one who's played for us. 

No way he gets a new contract here.

3 minutes ago, Bcfcshags said:

??? as if I know Phil Alexander behave haha

Yeah, that's what I'm saying! 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels

4 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

And Scott’s staying because he loves us… ?

As long as his hamstring stays in one peace. Rolls' team crocked him big time.

Edited by Fuber

11 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

King is finished, McCrorie will play RB, Williams is rubbish and in the last year of his time as a City player. Scott will probably leave.

We're not top heavy at all! 

King- just depth.

Tanner to the bench is it? Sure McCrorie can cover for and push Tanner.

Williams is good when fit IMO,  good energy in there.

Scott goes we can definitely splash a bit- Scott stays we have a 19 year old turning 20 who is superb.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

Ok I understand how you know all this info now, you must be Phil Alexander

Known as Phil “Shagger” Alexander in his London Monarchs days!!!  Just saying

(ok - made that up ???)

10 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

You're describing the Joe Williams of Bolton and Wigan unfortunately, not the one who's played for us. 

I think he had several good games last season, the odd cold game though.

He is undoubtedly playing for his future here though.

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Do you think club haven’t done the math?  Blimey, even me and you have! ???

If it gets too rich, we will pull out. 

Under MA and LJ, I’d have said no, they probably haven’t. 

But I trust the current regime to be sensible financially. Pearson especially, he’s earned our trust financially at least.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, glynriley said:

Bakers wages as well I presume…?

1 hour ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

We could have 25mill+ coming from Scott soon. Plus wages saved from Bentley, Dasilva, Semenyo sale. 

And Massengo…people forget about him. He’ll be on a pretty huge wedge I’d imagine. 

46 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Joe Williams is what he is. A championship midfielder. Nothing special and isn’t a tool. Might have bad games fair but so does everyone. 

Obviously injuries have plagued his tenure but for me when he’s been on the pitch he does the job.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, George Rs said:

Btw @Davefevs are you sure you don’t work for the Bristol City scouting department. 

Feels very Jekyll & Hyde this. OTIB poster by day, BCFC chief scout by night.

It’s not that outlandish a shout in fairness.

Not discredicting the work Davefevs puts in at all, but anyone who follows the lower leagues would know that Knight is probably the top midfielder in L1 last season (maybe only after Azaz) that clubs at this level would be in for.

It’d be the perfect signing for us.

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

And Massengo…people forget about him. He’ll be on a pretty huge wedge I’d imagine. 

£10-15k per week would be my best guess. He cost about £2m didn't he so shave £0.5m annually off the amortisation.

5 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

And Wells' old wages from Summer 22

@Davefevs @Kid in the Riot @Bcfcshags or anton3 else- any ideas what the saving here maybe was? Think we signed him fee wise for about £4.2m/3.5 year deal but wages? That is a good point.

2 minutes ago, Lew-T said:

Mixed emotions. This clearly means we’re expecting Alex Scott to leave this window, no?

Not necessarily. If we count players who can play there our midfield consists of: James, King, Williams, Naismith, Scott, OTC, Benarous and Mccrorie. 

1. Benarous is still recovering from injury.

2. OTC isn’t at the level yet (at least imo)

3. Mccrorie might be playing a number of positions next season

4. Williams whilst decent, imo, is a midfield version of Baker at times with injuries. 

5. Whilst all decent James, King and Naismith are all 30+, king quite clearly being slowly fazed out of first team football. 

See it more as refreshing our midfield with young ambitious talent that can learn a lot from James and king. According to a lot of derby fans he’s best as a box to box much like Brownhill. Not saying Alex Scott is staying but to me I think Pearson and co would’ve been in for Knight either way.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

The scenes at FT at Loftus Road put me in no doubt he's leaving this summer

Yes I know it’s naive on my part but you just hope it may all come together for one season.

But it has been quiet so far.

5 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Not necessarily. If we count players who can play there our midfield consists of: James, King, Williams, Naismith, Scott, OTC, Benarous and Mccrorie. 

1. Benarous is still recovering from injury.

2. OTC isn’t at the level yet (at least imo)

3. Mccrorie might be playing a number of positions next season

4. Williams whilst decent, imo, is a midfield version of Baker at times with injuries. 

5. Whilst all decent James, King and Naismith are all 30+, king quite clearly being slowly fazed out of first team football. 

See it more as refreshing our midfield with young ambitious talent that can learn a lot from James and king. According to a lot of derby fans he’s best as a box to box much like Brownhill. Not saying Alex Scott is staying but to me I think Pearson and co would’ve been in for Knight either way.

Fingers crossed for the bit in bold eh?

I hold out hope that Scott stays with us like grealish did with villa to get promoted and go up with us to then get his dream move for a vastly greater fee rather than us hoping for a good future sell on fee that like many of our recent transfer out have never come to fruition.