IGNORED

Jason Knight signed from Derby - Confirmed

Bat Fastard

47 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

One name I would be tempted to try for would be Matt Crooks (Middlesbrough). He is so physical, and contributes with goals. His playing time has reduced since Carrick arrived due to their possession based style of play. I just wonder if he may become available as the window progresses.

Was he not a Warnock signing? I wonder if he woukd be tempted with a move back to yorkshire with Huddersfield? I imagine he could be attracting interest from lots of clubs.

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Not with just a year left on his contract…imho.

I quite like Sonny Carey at Blackpool, got decent attributes, good technique.  He’s not Crooks like, but I reckon he’d be a good fit for us.  Drifts between the lines, gets shots off.

IMG_7612.thumb.jpeg.c3e5d4571df6622a31b7eb08c855a4d5.jpeg

Similar to Dickie in that he had a very poor season individually with lots of criticism from his own fans. But there is a player in there

15 minutes ago, TammyAB said:

Similar to Dickie in that he had a very poor season individually with lots of criticism from his own fans. But there is a player in there

At AG he had a quiet game but besides their 2 CBs (who kept us at bay) he was the best player from a creative side.  It was his first full season at this level too.  Sporadic involvement in 21/22 having been at Kings Lynn prior to that.  But he impressed me quite a bit in other games, and is a bit different physically to what we’ve got.

• Like 1

Just the sort of player we should be trying to sign, no idea if he's on the radar of the club.

But there will be lots of competition in the Championship with some bigger clubs maybe interested and others able to pay a salary in excess of what we could offer. He must be valued at between 3m-5m I would think ? Could we go that far as it stands ?

I'd be very surprised if he were to come here and equally delighted.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

Was he not a Warnock signing? I wonder if he woukd be tempted with a move back to yorkshire with Huddersfield? I imagine he could be attracting interest from lots of clubs.

Hmmm.

Preumably, you mean a move from North Yorkshire to West Yorkshire for the Leeds born midfielder ?.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Just the sort of player we should be trying to sign, no idea if he's on the radar of the club.

But there will be lots of competition in the Championship with some bigger clubs maybe interested and others able to pay a salary in excess of what we could offer. He must be valued at between 3m-5m I would think ? Could we go that far as it stands ?

Why be surprised that he would come here? As proved with the signings this week we seem to be an attractive proposition.

• Admin
2 minutes ago, cotswoldred2 said:

Why be surprised that he would come here? As proved with the signings this week we seem to be an attractive proposition.

I assume because of the fee he thinks he’d command. If the initial fee was lower around £2m (with add ins that took it to that range) and we gave a 4 year contract I think we could work it better with Amortisation (I’ve been trying to learn from @Davefevs lol)

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/derby-countys-stance-on-jason-knight-exit-becomes-clearer-after-stephen-kenny-comments/

Don’t think we’d need to go that high.

Similar up-front fee as McCrorie, but lots of add-ons.  Player wants to move on.  Won’t be on huge wages from a contract initially signed in Jan 2020…although I’m sure it had rises in it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/derby-countys-stance-on-jason-knight-exit-becomes-clearer-after-stephen-kenny-comments/

Don’t think we’d need to go that high.

Similar up-front fee as McCrorie, but lots of add-ons.  Player wants to move on.  Won’t be on huge wages from a contract initially signed in Jan 2020…although I’m sure it had rises in it.

Hi Dave, looks like he is worth 4 million euros according to some web sites. That is just the start of a transfer. Agree what would the be add Ons be!

11 minutes ago, City oz said:

Hi Dave, looks like he is worth 4 million euros according to some web sites. That is just the start of a transfer. Agree what would the be add Ons be!

Transfermarkt market value is a weird beast.  In current circumstances I don’t think we’d need to pay anything like the amount they suggest (which is a market value of a basket of players rather than a suggested value if that player).

Dickie €3m on TM…cost us £700k

Edited by Davefevs
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Transfermarkt market value is a weird beast.  In current circumstances I don’t think we’d need to pay anything like the amount they suggest (which is a market value of a basket of players rather than a suggested value if that player).

Its all about opinions, but I think there are huge differences between the transfer of Dickie, a player woefully out of form for QPR who was unhappy and wanted to leave and the situation of Knight. I don't think the transfermarkt value for Dickie's profile was realistic in the real world and QPR didn't put up much of a fight to keep him, but 700k (if that is what it was) was a proper steal on the face of it.

In comparison, Derby will be desperate to keep Knight to help them get out of L1 and I would think that there will be a lot of competition for a 22 year old with over 150 first team appearances, the majority in the Championship, and 17 international caps.

Transfermarkt value is 4m euros for players of his profile which seems realistic to me.

Any club that gets him for 2m has a real bargain imo - and I hope its us if so.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Its all about opinions, but I think there are huge differences between the transfer of Dickie, a player woefully out of form for QPR who was unhappy and wanted to leave and the situation of Knight. I don't think the transfermarkt value for Dickie's profile was realistic in the real world and QPR didn't put up much of a fight to keep him, but 700k (if that is what it was) was a proper steal on the face of it.

In comparison, Derby will be desperate to keep Knight to help them get out of L1 and I would think that there will be a lot of competition for a 22 year old with over 150 first team appearances, the majority in the Championship, and 17 international caps.

Transfermarkt value is 4m euros for players of his profile which seems realistic to me.

Any club that gets him for 2m has a real bargain imo - and I hope its us if so.

Yeah, I don’t disagree…just think a player rumoured to be looking to move on, Derby not going straight up, diminishes his value a bit.  It’s all guesswork on my behalf though!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Yeah, I don’t disagree…just think a player rumoured to be looking to move on, Derby not going straight up, diminishes his value a bit.  It’s all guesswork on my behalf though!

Those factors may weaken Derby's negotiating position also.

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

According to the BBC Rob Dickie signed on a free!

I don’t think he was OOC was he?

IMG_0817.jpeg

2 hours ago, Hartleysbeard said:

My 12 year old son signed him in his career mode on Fifa and said he’s amazing! He’s been banging on about him so when I saw the name here it caught my attention. If his performances in fifa are anything to go by (of course they aren’t!) then he’d be a great signing! ?

Pretty sure that’s Brightons scouting model. They just simulate everything till 2030 and see which players are best.

1 hour ago, BLRed said:

Are we in for this guy or is it just wishful thinking?

No idea….I purely posted Wednesday night that with the priority (imho) of defence sorted(ish) - Kalas decision to be made, that I think phase two begins.  And that is midfield.  Again imho.

On twitter I also posted a response to someone that Knight, Collins, Azaz and Carey were the four midfielders who I like.  I especially like Knight.  They all have different qualities, could fit in in different ways, just like I saw Bryan fitting in.  

That prompted a few more convos on here, e.g. he’s been at the HPC, his value, contract, etc…stuff from the Ireland manager comes out too from people digging around.

But who I want, who I think fits, etc is pretty much irrelevant, other than filling up OTIB.  It’s nice when a player signs who you’ve championed…even when it’s Cauley Woodrow!!!  But if we waited for the club to give us reason to debate players that are signing / might sign, this place would be very dull / empty.

Hence why I quite like the ITKers, whatever their level of ITK, because they post it’s something to get your teeth into.  Others on here seem to feel the opposite way about them.  But what floats my boat isn’t for everyone.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, PHILINFRANCE said:

Are we in for this guy or is it just wishful thinking?

According to one of our proven ITKs, he has actually signed already and is just waiting to be announced, smiling from the roof.

I'm terribly sorry, but I assumed @BLRed was referring to Haydon Roberts.

I have seen no mention whatsoever that JK has signed, nor, indeed, that City have shown any genuine interest in signing him - although I hope that changes.

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

No idea….I purely posted Wednesday night that with the priority (imho) of defence sorted(ish) - Kalas decision to be made, that I think phase two begins.  And that is midfield.  Again imho.

On twitter I also posted a response to someone that Knight, Collins, Azaz and Carey were the four midfielders who I like.  I especially like Knight.  They all have different qualities, could fit in in different ways, just like I saw Bryan fitting in.  

That prompted a few more convos on here, e.g. he’s been at the HPC, his value, contract, etc…stuff from the Ireland manager comes out too from people digging around.

But who I want, who I think fits, etc is pretty much irrelevant, other than filling up OTIB.  It’s nice when a player signs who you’ve championed…even when it’s Cauley Woodrow!!!  But if we waited for the club to give us reason to debate players that are signing / might sign, this place would be very dull / empty.

Hence why I quite like the ITKers, whatever their level of ITK, because they post it’s something to get your teeth into.  Others on here seem to feel the opposite way about them.  But what floats my boat isn’t for everyone.

On your list of favourite realistic midfielders, where do you stand on Anjorin? I know he's coming back from another really bad injury but, when fit, he looks the business at this level and like he has capacity to go higher. Really good build and high level ability. And surely not going to get a look in at the Chelsea Player Dumping Ground. Maybe plays slightly further forward than Scott, but, when the inevitable happens with Alex, I would think one to look at.

2 hours ago, the1stknowle said:

On your list of favourite realistic midfielders, where do you stand on Anjorin? I know he's coming back from another really bad injury but, when fit, he looks the business at this level and like he has capacity to go higher. Really good build and high level ability. And surely not going to get a look in at the Chelsea Player Dumping Ground. Maybe plays slightly further forward than Scott, but, when the inevitable happens with Alex, I would think one to look at.

In terms of a simple answer - he isn’t on my list at all! ?

I’m aware of him from the start he made to last season and I spent a bit of time watching him the game at our place last season because of the threat he might’ve caused us that night because of the start he’d made.  I’ve got no idea how fit he is following his ankle injury I’m afraid.

• Like 1