IGNORED

Jason Knight signed from Derby - Confirmed

Bat Fastard

• Admin
On 10/06/2023 at 11:55, George Rs said:

I’m annoyed at you @Davefevs, I’m excited about this guy now and we aren’t even in for him ?.

The club will be very aware of Knight having presumably done more than 1 scouting trip on Roberts. The good news is if we are in for a midfielder and it isn’t Knight, it’d likely be a good player regardless.

3 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Probably take double that for them to at least consider it……

2 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

His contract runs out next year. 

This, and also they’re not exactly in a good state financially. One of his mates has just signed for us. Would’ve used the HPC with Ireland. Better league, bigger wages, League One now very hard to get out of. 

Would say we’re in a very comfy position. 

Interesting one. We’re pretty heavy in central midfield (James, Williams, Scott, Naismith, King, McCrorie able to play there). I wonder if this is in anticipation of Scott leaving. Or maybe we intend for him to play in the 10? 

I know he’s highly rated, perhaps he’s simply viewed as an improvement on what we do have. Let’s see.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Aware of that but their financial problems have been resolved to some extent so I think they'll gamble on promotion with Knight being worry more than a sale for £1.5m or £2m.

@petehinton

Derby surprisingly maintained their Category One Academy and status despite it being a minimum of £5m per season and despite almost going bust so they can compete in this area.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

If we manage to complete this one, then I’m delighted.

It would be one of the best transfer windows for quite some time. Our squad would look much stronger, with genuine competition for places.

Pearson and Tins know exactly who they want. Knight fits the description from Tins ‘Sound of the City’ interview. 

Just now, AshtonRobin21 said:

If we manage to complete this one, then I’m delighted.

It would be one of the best transfer windows for quite some time. Our squad would look much stronger, with genuine competition for places.

Pearson and Tins know exactly who they want. Knight fits the description from Tins ‘Sound of the City’ interview. 

Keeper, striker and a 10 next if all goes well. But yeah, really positive start to the window

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Keeper, striker and a 10 next if all goes well. But yeah, really positive start to the window

Surely we need to start thinking of the finances a little, FFP although eased is still a matter to consider.

I'd say remaining headroom wise we can sign one more, two at a push, I'm often a bit on the cautious side financially though. Thats assuming nobody who isn't already likely to leave leaves.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

3 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

We currently play with one central striker, with Conway and Wells in the building, and Bell and Cornick able to lead the line I’m not sure we’ll look at strikers. Agree 10 and keeper are worth a look, but what we have in those positions is solid enough should we be unable. 

• Like 1

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

Surely we need to start offloading some soon, FFP although eased is still a matter to consider.

I'd say before offloading we can sign one more, two at a push, I'm often a bit on the cautious side financially though.

We could have 25mill+ coming from Scott soon. Plus wages saved from Bentley, Dasilva, Semenyo sale. 

Just now, BCFCGav said:

We currently play with one central striker, with Conway and Wells in the building, and Bell and Cornick able to lead the line I’m not sure we’ll look at strikers. Agree 10 and keeper are worth a look, but what we have in those positions is solid enough should we be unable. 

Not sure those striking options are good enough to get you promotion tho. Conway In a couple years, yeah fair enough. But if we wanna reach play offs/promotion soon in my opinion we need another striker. (Like the new striker millwall just signed) 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There is not a chance they will sell a prized asset for £1.5m.

Not a chance. IMO anyway, they even turned down bids when in administration.

Would be a hell of a signing at that price but I can't see that bid making any headway.

⬇️⬇️⬇️

22 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

Exactimundo.

18 minutes ago, petehinton said:

This, and also they’re not exactly in a good state financially. One of his mates has just signed for us. Would’ve used the HPC with Ireland. Better league, bigger wages, League One now very hard to get out of. 

Would say we’re in a very comfy position. 

Exactimundo (x2)

18 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Interesting one. We’re pretty heavy in central midfield (James, Williams, Scott, Naismith, King, McCrorie able to play there). I wonder if this is in anticipation of Scott leaving. Or maybe we intend for him to play in the 10? 

I know he’s highly rated, perhaps he’s simply viewed as an improvement on what we do have. Let’s see.

Could well be.  Get in there before Alex-Tax is added 

16 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Aware of that but their financial problems have been resolved to some extent so I think they'll gamble on promotion with Knight being worry more than a sale for £1.5m or £2m.

@petehinton

Derby surprisingly maintained their Category One Academy and status despite it being a minimum of £5m per season and despite almost going bust so they can compete in this area.

If his head has been turned.  Who knows what was said last summer - eg (made-up) I’m happy to stay but if we don’t go up I want to play back in the champ as I have international ambitions too.

blah, blah, blah

14 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Absolutely fuming you're as ITK as me. Sorry, more ITK than me... 

Mates with Mark Sykes, who's been sowing the seeds.

Let's see... 

this was the rumour I heard too, hence me bumping the Knight thread last week.  I am not ITK, just lived in hope that my no1 recruitment option at least had a rumour / story in the mix.  Felt a bit of wee! ?

10 minutes ago, JackMarch said:

Speaking to one of my friends who’s a derby fan he seems to think 2m is what they’re after ?‍♂️

Yep, wouldn’t surprise me.  And lot of interest gonna make this a tough one to get done.  Putting a bid in guarantees nothing at this stage.

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Surely we need to start thinking of the finances a little, FFP although eased is still a matter to consider.

I'd say remaining headroom wise we can sign one more, two at a push, I'm often a bit on the cautious side financially though. Thats assuming nobody who isn't already likely to leave leaves.

Do you think club haven’t done the math?  Blimey, even me and you have! ???

If it gets too rich, we will pull out. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

King is finished, McCrorie will play RB, Williams is rubbish and in the last year of his time as a City player. Scott will probably leave.

We're not top heavy at all! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Hypothetically, on top of the Semenyo sale, I suppose one aspect to consider is the Bentley sale plausibly? - assuming wages of say £12kpw and a nominal fee (for example £200k) that would still make us able to offset circa £500k - add in savings from the likes of Klose and Martin on mutual terms, selling Towler, that all combined could offset half the supposed fee for Knighty. Assuming they were mutual ar least and ergo less than full payout, and not contract terminations?

• Like 1