IGNORED

Jason Knight signed from Derby - Confirmed

Bat Fastard

Just now, BLRed said:

I hold out hope that Scott stays with us like grealish did with villa to get promoted and go up with us to then get his dream move for a vastly greater fee rather than us hoping for a good future sell on fee that like many of our recent transfer out have never come to fruition.

Mate, Grealish stayed at Villa because the two seasons before he could barely get into the starting 11. :laugh: 

In fact, even until Smith came in in the third season and revitalised him he wasn’t really playing often under Bruce.

Scott and Grealish’s situations aren’t the same unfortunately.

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

There is not a chance they will sell a prized asset for £1.5m.

Not a chance. IMO anyway, they even turned down bids when in administration.

Would be a hell of a signing at that price but I can't see that bid making any headway.

"He Who Dares Rodders"....................................."He Who dares" :pray::thumbsup:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Absolutely fuming you're as ITK as me. Sorry, more ITK than me... 

Mates with Mark Sykes, who's been sowing the seeds.

Let's see... 

I wondered who was driving the tractor over the pitch while Roberts  was doing his deckchair photoshoot.

Must have been Sykes seeding the new playing surface!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, downendcity said:

I wondered who was driving the tractor over the pitch while Roberts  was doing his deckchair photoshoot.

Must have been Sykes seeding the new playing surface!

I am sure Tinns and the scouts must have cast a critical eye over Knight when he was at the HPC with the ROI. I am also sure there are rules in place to prevent direct communication between our guys and players but Sykes could have been a good go between. Maybe the conversation went something like this....

7 hours ago, Lew-T said:

Mixed emotions. This clearly means we’re expecting Alex Scott to leave this window, no?

It feels like it's a preemptive measure, much like when we bought Mickey Bell when we still had Darren Barnard here. Everyone knew DB was on his way.

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Haha.

As you’ll know from the pinned thread, @Harry and a small group of us pitched to Gould and Gilhespy last year about providing Scouting for the club.  We (mainly Harry and one other guy - not on OTIB) had several meetings but it didn’t come to fruition.  We passed on players to them to put through their process.  I think if Gould was still here there would still be a relationship to grow.

I’m sure Harry won’t mind me saying that earlier this year he and the other guy started having conversations with another club and they got close to signing an agreement (things like expenses, future commission if a recommended player got sold in future, etc, etc), and the Head of Recruitment lost his job a week later!  So that didn’t work out.

There is another iron in the fire, email tennis at the mo’.

The other guys are the drivers though, I’m more data than eyes, supporting how I can.

I’m not looking for a career.  If I have the skills football might want 1) I’m too old and 2) football doesn’t pay.  Of course if under the new work permit rules someone would like to send me to Oz to scout the A-League that would be very different!

Seriously though, I just enjoy football.  I like my day-job too…and it pays!!!

Statman Dave MkII

Just looked on the Derby forum to see what was happening their end - a city fan has been posting and given shags credentials as substance behind the rumour.

It’s fair to say they still don’t like at least one individual over there. Not sure who they could be referring to…!

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/41447-knight-to-whoever-ireland-gaffer/page/5/#comments

IMG_0600.jpeg

2 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

I am sure Tinns and the scouts must have cast a critical eye over Knight when he was at the HPC with the ROI. I am also sure there are rules in place to prevent direct communication between our guys and players but Sykes could have been a good go between. Maybe the conversation went something like this....

It feels like it's a preemptive measure, much like when we bought Mickey Bell when we still had Darren Barnard here. Everyone knew DB was on his way.

JL to SL - “…..but I’d rather just do creative media and kit design”! ?

26 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

Just looked on the Derby forum to see what was happening their end - a city fan has been posting and given shags credentials as substance behind the rumour.

It’s fair to say they still don’t like at least one individual over there. Not sure who they could be referring to…!

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/41447-knight-to-whoever-ireland-gaffer/page/5/#comments

IMG_0600.jpeg

Another Derby fan without a clue.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

Why people feel the need to go on another clubs forum and wind people up is beyond me. Weird. 

I've had a little read through the thread on Knight in the Derby forum.

In fairness, the City fan posting on there seems to be acting pretty reasonably (as are almost all the Derby fans). It's just 1 or 2 Derby fans throwing a bit of a tantrum over the realisation that Derby aren't exactly the most attractive club in the EFL right now.

• Like 1

Ah yes I remember that particular Derby poster. A bitter one he was.

I've mainly moved on from Derby and happy they survived but nice to know he still remembers. ?

I reiterate I don't see £1.5m being enough, not even sure it's fair value all told but Roberts and then one of their jewels just because of him and a few of his cronies would be great. Just a few however.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

11 hours ago, Bcfcshags said:

Quite possibly but we’ll enjoy the ride won’t we mate! 

Much as I love the Intel, could the person telling you get into trouble if the club wanted to dig further?

(sorry to sound like a kill-joy)

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

I've had a little read through the thread on Knight in the Derby forum.

In fairness, the City fan posting on there seems to be acting pretty reasonably (as are almost all the Derby fans). It's just 1 or 2 Derby fans throwing a bit of a tantrum over the realisation that Derby aren't exactly the most attractive club in the EFL right now.

Some posters are getting over sensitive on their end however it is a weird thing to do.

That supposed city fan posting on Derbys forum is getting his information from OTIB but posting on their forum straight away however he hasn't posted here in 10 years apparently. Does come across like he is being smug if I'm honest. If he wanted to discuss the player that's fine but we have a 5 page topic discussing in detail exactly that.

1 hour ago, Percy Pig said:

Why people feel the need to go on another clubs forum and wind people up is beyond me. Weird. 

"I don't post on OTIB and haven't for years" but "his" source is a poster from the forum who posts in the members only transfer section. 

So someone who can't resist posting on other clubs forums has an account on here and manages to keep their opinions to themselves. 

Why do people lie? So so odd. 

Just sad people getting their online ‘kicks’. Seems most clubs have them tbf,  judging by some of the visitors we get on here.  

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Think jim brennan was here too around that time... 

14 hours ago, Bcfcshags said:

1.5million offer on the table from us. Other clubs in for him 

Why on earth would you put in the public domain information that may damage potential recruitment? 

Whoever is feeding you this information will be known at the club, and will put them under severe pressure. 

Everyone likes gossip, some fun, but if true, this is damaging not helpful and just stupid. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Psychopomp said:

Why on earth would you put in the public domain information that may damage potential recruitment? 

Whoever is feeding you this information will be known at the club, and will put them under severe pressure. 

Everyone likes gossip, some fun, but if true, this is damaging not helpful and just stupid. 

It was leaked on Twitter before he said that I’m pretty sure. And if it wasn’t before hand it was within like 10mins of it 

1 hour ago, Psychopomp said:

I have a theory on this, not doubting @Bcfcshags for one moment and his track record to date has been impeccable but.

Could given the conflicting reports on Knight, be a bit of a false flag. A leak of a bid for Knight or a case of that fed to one set of potential suspects and in the Derby paper about no bid yet- this would help to narrow down a potential leaker. One of them true, one of them false.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 2