IGNORED

Jason Knight signed from Derby - Confirmed

Bat Fastard

8 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Was it a false flag of some kind then.

The Knight bid thing.

By which I mean feed some info to certain individuals or a specific individual that we had bid £1.5m for Knight. Narrow down or eliminate the rest, mole found. Kinda thing.

I believe the interest to be genuine however.

Not doubting what our ITKers have said, but I guess there is a big grey area in defining - what is a bid?  I’m confident we have meaningful discussions with Derby, and may have discussed fee, but we won’t know (for sure) whether an official bid has been lodged….or even what an official bid even looks like.

I honestly don’t believe this was put out to try to tease out a leak at the club.  We are in for Knight.  Others are too.

Internationals are now over, Knight might now be going in hols.  That doesn’t stop transfer activity…his agent and the clubs will be doing most of the talking.  And I’m sure Knight has a mobile phone!!!

Would be good to hear updates / progress, but we might go into a bit of “no signal” for a while.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Not doubting what our ITKers have said, but I guess there is a big grey area in defining - what is a bid?  I’m confident we have meaningful discussions with Derby, and may have discussed fee, but we won’t know (for sure) whether an official bid has been lodged….or even what an official bid even looks like.

I honestly don’t believe this was put out to try to tease out a leak at the club.  We are in for Knight.  Others are too.

Internationals are now over, Knight might now be going in hols.  That doesn’t stop transfer activity…his agent and the clubs will be doing most of the talking.  And I’m sure Knight has a mobile phone!!!

Would be good to hear updates / progress, but we might go into a bit of “no signal” for a while.

AN interesting point RE what a bid looks like, I saw this thread last night from an Arsenal 'leaker' I guess you could call him (very reliable). Some interesting responses to other questions also if you go on his replies.

Edited by CTIDhc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Lower than that is my guess / hope!

image.png.84fca9f48f4f44f2c35a1e2d1ac112f0.png

What’s lower than A.King…..a Jason Knight!

£1m for Bielik would be likewise a good deal for the other BCFC although he has had some injuries otherwise it would be an excellent deal for them IMO.

My thinking is that with certain restrictions eased and certain financial problems somewhat fixed at Derby they'll be looking at a slightly bigger fee than £1.5m. Plus the chance of promotion is £7m uplift in TV money as of now alone, more to come with new TV deal which iirc begins 2024-25?

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

£1m for Bielik would be likewise a good deal for the other BCFC although he has had some injuries otherwise it would be an excellent deal for them IMO.

My thinking is that with certain restrictions eased and certain financial problems somewhat fixed at Derby they'll be looking at a slightly bigger fee than £1.5m. Plus the chance of promotion is £7m uplift in TV money as of now alone, more to come with new TV deal which iirc begins 2024-25?

My gut feel is that Derby really needed to go straight back up last season, or there would be squad consequences.  Not major, but need to be a bit tighter this summer.  Might be wrong.

• Like 1

The concept of bidding and rejections is strange, don’t the respective CEO’s just pick up the phone and say “We want x player for £1M” the reply being “no thanks” surely they then just converse and negotiate until verbally agreed, then an official document is sent confirming what was agreed verbally? 

I don’t get the seemingly lack of communication between the decision makers. A lot of the time these same people have been highly successful in their business life, do they just forget all this when running a football club and employ people not capable of picking up a telephone?! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

The interesting aspect for me here is the thought in the article that £2m including add ons would do it. Thinking logically, the add ons wouldn’t be international recognition (as he already has it) or appearances (as he’s already played a lot at this level). We’re therefore talking next sale percentage or promotion. Neither give a dent in the accounts and are only realisable if he or the club do well. 

If we’ve bid £1.5m (assuming not add on contingent), I don’t see any reason why £2m based on “theoretical” add ons as opposed to likely realisable ones won’t happen.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

I struggle with this. 

The selling club will set a price during the early stages of the negotiation. 

I don’t believe we would make 2 bids without the intention of getting close or matching said price. 

I would expect a fee to be agreed with the next bid submitted.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

percy seems to have the inside track at Derby, so they seem to be briefing him to push the fee up "getting closer"

Piercy has the inside track here and the club seem to be briefing that we've reached our upper limit "may not go back".

A case of both clubs looking to get the best deal. We will see. Signing a player for more than we value him at isn't the route we should take. Nor is it one I anticipate us taking. 

I was only joking to be fair.

Piercy been good last couple of years.

3 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

The interesting aspect for me here is the thought in the article that £2m including add ons would do it. Thinking logically, the add ons wouldn’t be international recognition (as he already has it) or appearances (as he’s already played a lot at this level). We’re therefore talking next sale percentage or promotion. Neither give a dent in the accounts and are only realisable if he or the club do well. 

If we’ve bid £1.5m (assuming not add on contingent), I don’t see any reason why £2m based on “theoretical” add ons as opposed to likely realisable ones won’t happen.

Yep.  Exactly as I see it but guess it depends if we’ve reached our maximum yet regards what we are happy to pay Derby upon a successful sale in the future.  Guessing they may play hard ball and tbf to them it’s key in this deal seeing as he’s only got a year left.  

4 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

percy seems to have the inside track at Derby, so they seem to be briefing him to push the fee up "getting closer"

Piercy has the inside track here and the club seem to be briefing that we've reached our upper limit "may not go back".

A case of both clubs looking to get the best deal. We will see. Signing a player for more than we value him at isn't the route we should take. Nor is it one I anticipate us taking. 

Percy is also friendly with Nige’s agent if I’m correct?

Seems to have been reporting on us a lot more during Nige’s tenure. 

• Like 2