IGNORED

Jason Knight signed from Derby - Confirmed

Bat Fastard

14 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

My concern is we wait so long then others will come in for him. 

I think the Warne interview a couple of days ago was pretty much “green light”.  No ITK, just seemed a bizarre interview if it’s anything else.

Slight knock today….???

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Seen it suggested on DCFCFans that Knight is certainly off but personally I'm not wholly convinced that it's to here.

Will be very happy to be wrong but a few clubs will be interested and some may offer higher wages.

Where else do you think he’s going?

5 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Seen it suggested on DCFCFans that Knight is certainly off but personally I'm not wholly convinced that it's to here.

Will be very happy to be wrong but a few clubs will be interested and some may offer higher wages.

I’ve only seen him linked to Ipswich and Stoke? And both already have filled their midfields? 

Edited by Jose
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Would we not have got the deal done by now if he was coming. 

Player was going away on holiday for a couple weeks before he makes any decision on his future.

IMO we have a good chance of signing this player. We are creating a good reputation for young players to have progression. 

5 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

No, 

Looking at his market value he was worth an estimated 1.5 million euro in January 20, the value then went up in July 21 to approximately 6 million euro and now it has dropped to around 4.0 million euro. He is still a young talent and most probably a bargain at the right price.

Just now, City oz said:

Looking at his market value he was worth an estimated 1.5 million euro in January 20, the value then went up in July 21 to approximately 6 million euro and now it has dropped to around 4.0 million euro. He is still a young talent and most probably a bargain at the right price.

He only has a year left on his contract, I think City's bid is fair and not that far off,

I think Derby are starting to cave as it doesn't look like anyone else is bidding and the reported interest has failed to materialise,

I think we may get it by the end of next week

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I dunno, just a gut feeling that wage could be a sticking point. Ipswich or Stoke maybe can pay higher wages at this moment if we don't have a decent outgoing.

Yet I have yet to see it reported that either has made a bid. Perhaps I have missed something?

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

If you’re playing fifa or football manager perhaps . The real world is very different though.

Or as has been said already, spending someone else’s money.

We have spent a fair bit since selling Semenyo, Mehmeti was a million, Cornick £300k, plus McCrorie & Dickie.

I think we are waiting to see what compensation we get for Massengo, whether we can get a fee for Wilson & possibly another squad player then we’ll know our budget to get the 2 in (now Kalas appears to have left) we need.

Won’t stop a few of the more intellectually challenged from repeating “roof, roof” on social media, mind.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, GrahamC said:

We have spent a fair bit since selling Semenyo, Mehmeti was a million, Cornick £300k, plus McCrorie & Dickie.

I think we are waiting to see what compensation we get for Massengo, whether we can get a fee for Wilson & possibly another squad player then we’ll know our budget to get the 2 in (now Kalas appears to have left) we need.

Won’t stop a few of the more intellectually challenged from repeating “roof, roof” on social media, mind.

Personally I haven’t a clue when it comes to finances . Kalas wages alone must be a big plus . I don’t see any delay in signing knight as being financial . If we’ve put bids in then we know of his wages & also know we can afford him . Clubs will always go in with a lower offer & will also know what the selling club wants . I think it’s a case of who blinks first . If he’s going into his last year of contract & the longer it’s dragged out is good for us. They’ll want money to improve their squad 

Ideally you get all your business done before preseason but that is a rarity. We have done well to get 3 in. Any more incomings will just have to be phased in. That is not a disaster.

The players we have today are plenty competent enough to get off to a fantastic start as I don’t think our first 5-6 games are that daunting to be honest. Every game is tough and every fan will look at Bristol City and think yea we can get 3 points there. So probably guilty of that myself. 

My point is we could use another 2-3 imo. We just aren’t desperate for them today. We can now afford to wait it out some and see if anyone relaxes a bit on their expectations. Derby may want 2m today but come mid August they may say 1.5m is fine make the rest up in add ons that may or may not be achievable. We might find a player or two we want on loan and plans are clearer for that player. Prem club might be going down on their fee or wage demands. 

8 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Exactly. And we may be able to afford Knight outright. We may have a target a bit more expensive that we like more. Happy to get Knight at this price. Or if Wilson and Massengo go and we know our incoming for them, we may be able to get the other guy. 

• Like 3

Said before a few pages ago but I really don’t see how we could be in a better position. I’m very confident he’ll sign.  

Derby are resigned to him going, he clearly wants to go. Warne’s publicly wanting to speed it up, we want him, we can afford him, he’s spent a good week or so in the city and training ground already so knows exactly what he’s joining, has friends in the squad. He’s more than likely our ideal number 1 target across all positions atm. Ipswich/Stoke have had no concrete interest in him and if they ever did, they have already signed a CM anyway. 

• Robin 1

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

I dunno, just a gut feeling that wage could be a sticking point. Ipswich or Stoke maybe can pay higher wages at this moment if we don't have a decent outgoing.

I would imagine that part of it has already been discussed / agreed.  I don’t think we are bidding (twice) if the player side isn’t near being sorted.

3 hours ago, chinapig said:

Yet I have yet to see it reported that either has made a bid. Perhaps I have missed something?

Nope, we are the only side to have a bid that has been publicised.  At the time that Ipswich and Stoke were mentioned in the press, I suggested that wax Derby touting for interest.  Ipswich have got their man.  Stoke are re-uniting Neil’s PNE, inc ⬇️⬇️⬇️

Also, look how many times we are included in a rumour and the. It’s quickly shot down by James P. 

1 hour ago, INCRED said:

And Johnson from Preston on a free as well as Pearson so can’t see them going for Knight as well 

Further evidence that Stoke aren’t looking.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

Too old to play either unfortunately.

Me as well. I just mean that transfers are never black or white. He’s one of Derby's best players so they’ll want to get top dollar for him . Also if it drags on , it could possibly be better for us . If he’s going which seems very likely & in the last year of his contract then they’ll have to take the offer , lose him for nothing next summer or at a reduced rate in January 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Jose said:

I’ve only seen him linked to Ipswich and Stoke? And both already have filled their midfields? 

You mean that Mark Ashton has already signed 15 midfielders? :whistle2: