IGNORED

Manchester City at home FA Cup 5th round match thread

Why, oh why, do people on Otib have a go at the team, which is far from top of The Championship, and when they have played so well, and with players ruled out for cup or injured.  We don’t have the depth of sides like MC, or indeed top end of Championship.  We did enough for me to see that NP could get us up in next two/three seasons.  We were in a dreadful place when he arrived but now we have a team to be proud of

CTID

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Robin 1
1 minute ago, MC RISK77 said:

Can’t help but feel a little flat after that- yeah they are class, the movement, always someone available for the ball, but don’t think they ever really got out of 1st gear.

Early goal didn’t help and settled them but felt we showed far too much respect  and didn’t do ourselves justice.

But great run and hopefully league firm continues

You’re right.

1 minute ago, deadredfred said:

the gulf is huge! That’s the point. 

So comfortable for them, that Pep felt the need to bring on the most expensive playmaker in British football history to try and seal it, because up until then, we were only a final bit of quality away from really testing them. 

Foden, the MOM, said it wasn’t a 3-0 game. I’ll go with his slightly more valuable opinion than yours 

He was just being polite.

Just now, MC RISK77 said:

Can’t help but feel a little flat after that- yeah they are class, the movement, always someone available for the ball, but don’t think they ever really got out of 1st gear.

Early goal didn’t help and settled them but felt we showed far too much respect  and didn’t do ourselves justice.

But great run and hopefully league firm continues

I think that’s a bit harsh, I don’t think we showed them respect, I think it’s more they ran out of a bit of steam after the 1st half intensity. Aside from the last 20 mins we certainly went toe to toe with them.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

Why, oh why, do people on Otib have a go at the team, which is far from top of The Championship, and when they have played so well, and with players ruled out for cup or injured.  We don’t have the depth of sides like MC, or indeed top end of Championship.  We did enough for me to see that NP could get us up in next two/three seasons.  We were in a dreadful place when he arrived but now we have a team to be proud of

CTID

Probably negative in general life I’d imagine. Shame really 

• Like 3

Very good effort by the players and very good effort by the club and fans. All to be proud of.

Pep and Foden acknowledging how we gave them a good game. Ally McCoist, Ian Wright, Roy Keane all complimentary on both the performance and the club as a whole, on national TV.

We were always very unlikely to get a result tonight but the whole effort has showcased us in a very good way.

• Like 2
  • Robin 4
Just now, Red_Alligator said:

Not the point I was making. Glad our young man doesn't officially have an OG against him. Nothing wrong with that. 

Even if it does get credited to him, doesn't matter, thought he, along with everyone else played really well. 

Kalas for me though, was our best player (edges it over Scott who had a quieter second half). He is looking sharp, committed, and playing with that hunger we've seen many times before. Played really really well. Hopefully we can come to an agreement for a new contract ? 

• Like 4
Just now, Vidal said:

Thought they were stronger than when we last played them, and us weaker. Kalas and Scott our 2 best players….midfield unsurprisingly struggled, looked leggy.

The first goal was terrible defending. rest for Cardiff.

Couldn’t disagree more. We barely touched the ball for the first half an hour the last time to faced them. We were nowhere near them.

Tonight, we gave them genuine 50-50 match for the first 30 minutes and then stuck in there until the last 20.

Dunno why I’m bothering, though. It’s like trying to tell Robbored that Gary Johnson did a half-decent job with us and that Danny Wilson wasn’t really the messiah.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
Just now, The Journalist said:

So glad we’ve got a proper game coming up on Saturday where the fans will be right on it again. We can’t just let our season drift now.

That’s going to be the challenge to get them up again, we can all see the positives but will the players have found that mentally and physically draining, not just the 90mins but the build up and the disappointment with the result. These guys are competitors who want to win, I don’t think they’ll immediately see the picture that we can.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Vidal said:

Thought they were stronger than when we last played them, and us weaker. Kalas and Scott our 2 best players….midfield unsurprisingly struggled, looked leggy.

The first goal was terrible defending. rest for Cardiff.

Wow. Pep thought the opposite. Foden thought the opposite. Nigel thought the opposite. 

You’ve got such a dire take here.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, westonred said:

Has our Penalty jinx come back ? I thought we could have had two today. Surely when Bell and their keeper collided there keeper actually took Bell out and could have been a pen 

Can’t agree with that. He kicked the ball first. Don’t think there was any claim. More likely a free kick to Man City 

Just now, Selred said:

Wow. Pep thought the opposite. Foden thought the opposite. Nigel thought the opposite. 

You’ve got such a dire take here.

It’s a take for effect. Best ignored 

• Like 1