IGNORED

Manchester City at home FA Cup 5th round match thread

22 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Everyone banging on about how we lost to "the best team in the world", a club who are alleged to have broken over a hundred incidents of FF ... they pay to win, and win they do.

Mad how teams accept them as opponents and virtually suck them off as some kind of football messiahs when they look like to me like the tory party of the football world. 

The damage this club has done to the heritage of English Football may be irreparable. I ******* hate everything about them. 

If anyone has anything positive to say about Manchester City Football Club then I'd love to hear it.

They play quite good football?

I watched the game tonight.     Thought you did well,  a  0 - 3  loss wasn't really a fair reflection of play.      All right they deserved the win but thought have to be a bit flattered by winning by such a margin.     The second goal was unlucky and could have been avoided.    At   1 - 0  then you were still very much in it and on another night and different circumstances it would or could have been a more closer game.     All said, Robins did well.      You'll be disappointed naturally, an F.A. Cup exit is always sore but you did yourselves proud and reached a stage of competition many others were unable.    We lost to these same opponents at the semi-final stage back in 1981 but too young to really recall it.   

Go for promotion now.    Top six is doable for you, take the positives from tonight and transfer them to future league games.      Haven't watched BCFC on BBC / ITV for must be 30 years or something, you know, the F.A. Cup games with Liverpool most likely back then.     Play like you did tonight, or at least show the same fight and determination, can see no reason why you can't or won't be featured more often.   

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1
7 hours ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Everyone banging on about how we lost to "the best team in the world", a club who are alleged to have broken over a hundred incidents of FF ... they pay to win, and win they do.

Mad how teams accept them as opponents and virtually suck them off as some kind of football messiahs when they look like to me like the tory party of the football world. 

The damage this club has done to the heritage of English Football may be irreparable. I ******* hate everything about them. 

If anyone has anything positive to say about Manchester City Football Club then I'd love to hear it.

Firstly you're completely correct.

Secondly, people are angry. The Premier League have taken them to a commission, the government is introducing a regulator, and people have mocked them relentlessly. "Too little, too late" maybe, but at least things are happening.

Thirdly, however nefariously they have done it, you can't escape the fact that they've assembled a truly incredible squad of magnificent players. That squad can be the best team in the world whilst their owners and accountants connive to create the worst club in the world. Whether right or wrong that was the team we played against last night. That was the team that our players acquitted themselves against.

Man City's time will come in the courts and under a regulator. Last night was a football match, and we played well.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 4
  • Flames 1

We played well against the calibre of their squad. 

The boys literally played against world class players and stood there ground, what does that tell us about our team?

The boys should be proud, could have easily been 8-0 but we fought our hardest and gave them a good go & i’m proud of what they done tonight.

onto Cardiff with our heads held high

COYR

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

Ref was shit. He just didn't referee the game equally at all.

There's no way he only adds on 2 minutes in each half if we were the team that was winning. It might sound pointless but is just one clear example of how the teams weren't treated the same

7 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Their bench cost £340m. Haha.

You should take I look at the match thread on the Man City forum. They get quite touchy about commentators saying how much there bench cost.

They also didn't think much of our camera positioning. Which I have to agree with.

They weren't happy with how the game was going for the most part but were enjoying the game and fact that we were giving them more of a game than some other prem teams do

Hi watched on tv last night, thought we we’re very good but the one thing is I thought the second goal was a own goal but I see foden is claiming it . How I saw it looked like it was going pass but I think  it was Vyner who diverted it to his own net . I might be wrong as the eyes are not what they used to be .

• Like 1
11 hours ago, The Coach said:

I thought Alex Scott could have easily slotted into that Man City team tonight.

If I was Pep, you’d seriously have to consider making a move for him. 

Had the same thought, may not play consistently for a couple of years but how good could be after a couple of years of working with pep, could easily slot into Silva’s spot or as he starts to decline De Bruyne’s role in a couple of years. 

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

Proud of the team last night. We put up a fight against one of the best teams in the world and on another day we could have scored a couple of goals.

Kalas was outstanding and Scotty showed why he’d easily make the step up to the Premier League.

Tactically it looked like we hadn’t planned much. Maybe Nige just didn’t want the players to over think it. 

Great experience for the team though and it’ll only help them going forward. On to Saturday.