IGNORED

Manchester City at home FA Cup 5th round match thread

1 hour ago, ExiledAjax said:

How long until Bristol City are a top 10 Premier League team? With the best of fortunes and a very fair wind probably a minimum of 4 seasons, more likely 8 or so, even more likely never.

Nope. Yellows are only relevant to the competition they're earned in. He's fine.

I mean not top 10 every season but we saw Burnley, Bournemouth, Crystal, some other teams also having succes and starting from League One at some point.

• Confused 1
37 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Anyone moaning tonight needs to find another hobby.

I think that is their hobby.

They’re either on a wind up or proper weird.

Read someone in the match thread slagging off Tanner, who started last season in League Two & was marking Phil Foden.

The lack of awareness is off the ******* scale.

• Like 11

We have it a real go with some really good counter attacking play, but our final ball wasn’t quite good enough (which has been a feature of the last few games). But we stretched them at times, Alex Scott in particular looking every inch the talent that he is. Pring was superb as well. Wells led the line well. We were in the game until their second goal. Can’t ask for more than that. The little moments didn’t go our way (penalty appeal in the first half, Bell’s header in the second). Excellent atmosphere. 

Now let’s smash Cardiff on Saturday. 

• Like 3

Heard an interview with a couple of decent Man City fans on Radio Bristol while I was walking home tonight.

They were impressed by our stadium and set up etc.

Apparently Noel Gallagher was there tonight, in the crowd with their fans.

Not too down about tonight.

We weren't humiliated and **** me, what a side they are.

They were so professional and never let up for 90 minures.

Fair's fair.

0-3 wasn't flattering, as they pretty much bossed the game.

Shame Mr Marriner was so pally with them, especially in the 1st half.

You only had to sneeze on them and it was a free kick, but every time we had anything, he would shake his head.

What an annoying *** he was.

On to Cardiff

COYR

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 3
  • Flames 1
1 hour ago, Ivorguy said:

Why, oh why, do people on Otib have a go at the team, which is far from top of The Championship, and when they have played so well, and with players ruled out for cup or injured.  We don’t have the depth of sides like MC, or indeed top end of Championship.  We did enough for me to see that NP could get us up in next two/three seasons.  We were in a dreadful place when he arrived but now we have a team to be proud of

CTID

If we hold on to the bulk of the side we have now I don't think we will have to wait as long as you think for this team to get to the next level. I would be quietly confident next season could see us mount a serious challenge.

Everyone banging on about how we lost to "the best team in the world", a club who are alleged to have broken over a hundred incidents of FF ... they pay to win, and win they do.

Mad how teams accept them as opponents and virtually suck them off as some kind of football messiahs when they look like to me like the tory party of the football world. 

The damage this club has done to the heritage of English Football may be irreparable. I ******* hate everything about them. 

If anyone has anything positive to say about Manchester City Football Club then I'd love to hear it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Flames 1
4 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

Everyone banging on about how we lost to "the best team in the world", a club who are alleged to have broken over a hundred incidents of FF ... they pay to win, and win they do.

Mad how teams accept them as opponents and virtually suck them off as some kind of football messiahs when they look like to me like the tory party of the football world. 

The damage this club has done to the heritage of English Football may be irreparable. I ******* hate everything about them. 

If anyone has anything positive to say about Manchester City Football Club then I'd love to hear it.

They're not Man United!

• Haha 2
  • Flames 1
2 minutes ago, WolfOfWestStreet said:

What was fair about our contest? 

Lots. We did ourselves proud by not being smashed, but be honest, we hardly had the ball and they were totally professional tonight.

Played as if they were playing a Prem side, and did the job.

There's no point in being bitter about anything.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 2

Somehow, I feel that tonight's result is a very bad result for Cardiff.

City are now a very good team, but we are no longer unbeaten in 2023.

Let's start another run boys.

C O Y R

and welcome back Anis and Harry, fresh from a break.

Very optimistic about the last months of this season.

Edited by AppyDAZE
  • Like 1

Thought we gave it a right good go vs a top clasd side. Penalty on 10 mins was nailed on, how that wasn't awarded wow. That could have changed matters.

Good spells of pressure at various spells, looked cohesive for the most part. Add Atkinson, Naismith and Mehmeti as starters or 1st reserves.

Atmosphere was fantastic!

Lots of positives to take moving forward, no shame in it. I imagine that we do reach the PL, atmosphere will be bouncing every week.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Lots. We did ourselves proud by not being smashed, but be honest, we hardly had the ball and they were totally professional tonight.

Played as if they were playing a Prem side, and did the job.

There's no point in being bitter about anything.

I wouldn't say it's bitterness, it's more anger that the sports washing of a state sponsored club continues in this day and age, and pay2win is still a thing. Why are people not more angry about what these clubs are doing? 

• Like 2