IGNORED

I can't sleep

sglosbcfc

7 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

Id much prefer 3 points against Cardiff than win against Man City.

No injuries and a good performance would do me tomorrow.

Said this all along, if and it’s a big if,everything falls into place we could beat Man City. 
For me the Cardiff game is the one I dearly want to win, keep the league run going , keep them in their box and push on towards a possible play off spot. It’s our only proper derby and to the older generation it’s the one we look for when the fixtures come out 

I want us to end 49 years of hurt and reach the FA Cup Quarter Final.

On Tuesday, February 19th, 1974, the two gentlemen pictured in the centre and centre right positions, witnessed our team's triumphant 1-0 victory at Elland Road over the Mighty Leeds United in the 5th Round. Can you name them?

image.thumb.png.f043361638b33dc88271bb6e836436df.png

Edited by Curr Avon

5 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Oh come on, really?

Imagine the buzz of beating just about the best team in Europe and reaching the quarter finals for the first time since 1974. We’d be all over the media, it would do wonders for the profile of our club and the money we’d make could finance a signing or two. The club would be absolutely buzzing if we pulled this off. I might understand your perspective if we were desperate for points but we are safe and the playoffs are a pipe dream.

If a magic fairy offered a win tonight and say a 2-0 defeat on Saturday, I’d snap their hand off in a second. Surely most people would agree?

3 hours ago, Lew-T said:

You remember the Man United game yes?

Do you remember the Cardiff game that same season? It’s a no brainier for me.

Exactly.  That moment Joe Bryan scored and gave us the lead, I just stood in silence, a bit of disbelief really…then it sunk in.  We could win it.

That goal was probably my favourite moment ever at AG, more so than Korey’s winner, that just sealed it for me.  The purest of pure strikes too, from “one of our own” on the back of a flowing counter-attack.

I’d love to go through that experience again.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1
  • Robin 1

34 minutes ago, Curr Avon said:

On Tuesday, February 19th, 1974, the two gentlemen pictured in the centre and centre right positions, witnessed our team's triumphant 1-0 victory at Elland Road over the Mighty Leeds United in the 5th Round. Can you name them?

Steve McQueen and Eric Cantona? ?

Nah, Shanks and someone (I was there but it's not me)

Think people forget just how dominant Leeds were at the time, runaway leaders and unbeaten in 29 iirc - the incredible City win made the front pages of the papers.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Steve McQueen and Eric Cantona? ?

Nah, Shanks and someone (I was there but it's not me)

Think people forget just how dominant Leeds were at the time, runaway leaders and unbeaten in 29 iirc - the incredible City win made the front pages of the papers.

The other gentleman is the late father of Radio Bristol's very own _ _ _ _ _  _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Exactly.  That moment Joe Bryan scored and gave us the lead, I just stood in silence, a bit of disbelief really…then it sunk in.  We could win it.

That goal was probably my favourite moment ever at AG, more so than Korey’s winner, that just sealed it for me.  The purest of pure strikes too, from “one of our own” on the back of a flowing counter-attack.

I’d love to go through that experience again.

That JB goal was phenomenal. Pure magic. 
can’t beat it. That feeling when you can’t shout loud enough ?

• Like 5

8 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

Id much prefer 3 points against Cardiff than win against Man City.

No injuries and a good performance would do me tomorrow.

I just don’t get this. We play Cardiff all the time and we beat them fairly regularly. It’s an unremarkable achievement. We don’t have much to play for in the league.

If we beat Man City, it’ll be one of the most iconic victories in the history of the club. The stadium will be absolutely rocking. We’ll remember it for the rest of our lives. It’ll also put us a potentially winnable game away from Wembley.

How anyone would swap an absolutely seismic win over one of the best teams in world football over a regulation league win, is absolutely beyond me.

• Like 6

• Admin
2 hours ago, Roe said:

Find it crazy when people say they don't care about this. How often do we play against the best team in the country?? 

Of course Cardiff is a big game too but its also just 1/46th of a season in that we're almost certainly gonna finish in the middle of the table

Twice a season when Swansea and/or Cardiff aren't in the division above.

2 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

I think you are mistaken. The players will desperately want to prove themselves against the best in the country. For them, there can be no bigger opportunity to show what they can do

It’s a free hit for us - everyone expects Man City to roll over us. The players know that and no doubt they’ll give 100% but at the same time hope to avoid injury with the Championship game on Saturday at Cardiff up next which they’ll know is the priority fixture.

24 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s a free hit for us - everyone expects Man City to roll over us. The players know that and no doubt they’ll give 100% but at the same time hope to avoid injury with the Championship game on Saturday at Cardiff up next which they’ll know is the priority fixture.

image.jpeg.8b5630739a846a0f6c2da4f332fa7836.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

5 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Don't know, mate. But bottom left, slightly blurred, that is Baroness Wilson of Rievaulx, or Gladys Wilson, Harold's missus. 

6 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Pure stab in the dark as before my time- but is one of them Harry Dolman?

Edit- defo not then, just read a bit more of the thread! ?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

It’s not the priority fixture, we are safely mid table. Nigel and the players will not be thinking like you are. This is an opportunity to get to a stage in the FA cup that we’ve reached once in a HUNDERED YEARS. I’m amazed at the number of people who seem to be almost writing this off as a distraction. If you can’t indulge in nights like tonight when they come along then why support Bristol City at all….

Edited by Wanderingred
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1