IGNORED

Playoffs

dunsteral

Luton’s form this season would equate to 73 points. To match them we’d need to have a run in along the lines of W9 D2 L2. Is that impossible? Clearly not. Is that likely? Very clearly not, given current form. And that relies on no significant pick up in form from any of the teams between us and Luton. If I was a bookie (and going with actual odds rather than following the money), I’d offer something like 50/1 or 66/1, occasionally horses win at those odds, but very rarely. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Robbored said:

‘and?’ means ‘so what if City are further away now than we were at Xmas?’

Its means nothing - as I said the table changes after every round of Championship fixtures.

I'm sure every fan remains hopefully optimistic, but I fear that your term, the Pray offs", is the most apt from where we currently sit.

Edited by downendcity

13 hours ago, Robbored said:

We’re all entitled to our opinions GrahamC and my opinion on this topic is obviously different to yours but according to you my opinion make’s absolutely no sense…………….:cool2:

I’m too polite to retort tho.

However…..we’ll see and it could be that you’ll be eating humble pie in 10 games time.

Morning my man.

You’re very vocally confident about the pray offs. Just wondering what odds you’ve got? Presumably you’ve backed your optimism with a flutter?

You got your tickets to cheer on Nige and the boys for the next few away games?

And I so love seeing an OAP’s use of a totally irrelevant emoji.

Keep it up. See you at Huddersfield?

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Robbored said:

We’re all entitled to our opinions GrahamC and my opinion on this topic is obviously different to yours but according to you my opinion make’s absolutely no sense…………….:cool2:

I’m too polite to retort tho.

However…..we’ll see and it could be that you’ll be eating humble pie in 10 games time.

Just a couple of things on this;

Firstly of course everyone is entitled to an opinion, I could say that when I was younger I was a better footballer than Thierry Henry, so it’s definitely an opinion, but like your post, it’s just not based on any reality.

Several people have pointed out why your theory that we can overtake all of these teams, but apparently not by needing to win at least 9 games is totally flawed, but like certain other posts of yours, you keep digging with absolutely no logic or facts in your reply.

You did “retort” by the way, I’m now replying to it.

Feel free to bookmark this conversation & come back to it at any point, we aren’t making the playoffs.

I’m more than happy to bet you whatever amount you would like on that.

This doesn’t make me a pessimist, unlike a few on here I’ve been a consistent supporter of Nigel Pearson throughout, it makes me a realist, based on the form of the sides around us, that we are currently running on a squad of about 16 players & that we face 4 of our next 5 away, have the likes of Burnley, Sheff U, Luton, Boro all to play.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

27 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Just a couple of things on this;

Firstly of course everyone is entitled to an opinion, I could say that when I was younger I was a better footballer than Thierry Henry, so it’s definitely an opinion, but like your post, it’s just not based on any reality.

Several people have pointed out why your theory that we can overtake all of these teams, but apparently not by needing to win at least 9 games is totally flawed, but like certain other posts of yours, you keep digging with absolutely no logic or facts in your reply.

You did “retort” by the way, I’m now replying to it.

Feel free to bookmark this conversation & come back to it at any point, we aren’t making the playoffs.

I’m more than happy to bet you whatever amount you would like on that.

This doesn’t make me a pessimist, unlike a few on here I’ve been a consistent supporter of Nigel Pearson throughout, it makes me a realist, based on the form of the sides around us, that we are currently running on a squad of about 16 players & that we face 4 of our next 5 away, have the likes of Burnley, Sheff U, Luton, Boro all to play.

First highlight - league results in any division fluctuate pretty much after every round of fixtures and the Championship is no exception. Should City continue their good form and other teams flounder a little then anything can happen and unless it becomes mathematically impossible I’ll continue to believe that City can reach the top six - obviously it depends on whether City can continue the good form but as we all know that momentum is a key factor.

Second highlight - this site is not a bookies GrahamC………….:cool2:

Third highlight - at least we agree on that……..

6 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

It was always a bit daft thinking we could get into the play offs. We got such a thin squad it only take one or two injuries . Now we got them we’re filling gaps. Huddersfield will be very tough now 

It was tough before Kalas & Williams got injured.

The levels of delusion from those who thought a squad of about 15 were going to go on a run that saw us overtake 7 or 8 sides was off the scale.

We are relying on a very small number of players & those of them that are fit are having to play 3 games a week.

I know you know this but this thread is evidence of those who obviously do not.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GrahamC said:

Some absolutely embarrassing nonsense posted in it, no idea why anyone thought it was even a 1% chance.

I mostly saw people debating the chance and the trying to work out how unlikely it was.  Was there actually that much embarrassing nonsense?  It was actually more than a 1% chance stats wise. 

3 hours ago, GrahamC said:

It was tough before Kalas & Williams got injured.

The levels of delusion from those who thought a squad of about 15 were going to go on a run that saw us overtake 7 or 8 sides was off the scale.

We are relying on a very small number of players & those of them that are fit are having to play 3 games a week.

I know you know this but this thread is evidence of those who obviously do not.

Nige mentioned it, on the radio, in the week ....

6 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

1% ?? ?

1 hour ago, Bristol Oil Services said:

Think Nige needs a lie down in his woodshed in that thicket of his.

He’s believes in the ability of his squad, it’s mathematically possible. If we would have won today then went on to win the game in hand the fight would have been on, 5 points behind.  Longshot yes, out of reach no. Now it’s gone finishing strong is what it has always been about though playoffs would have been a bonus.

On 03/03/2023 at 09:02, Robbored said:

First highlight - league results in any division fluctuate pretty much after every round of fixtures and the Championship is no exception. Should City continue their good form and other teams flounder a little then anything can happen and unless it becomes mathematically impossible I’ll continue to believe that City can reach the top six - obviously it depends on whether City can continue the good form but as we all know that momentum is a key factor.

Second highlight - this site is not a bookies GrahamC………….:cool2:

Third highlight - at least we agree on that……..

It's all gone quiet over there!!!

?

It was always an uphill task, the problem with play off talk is that it gives the perception that the season has been unsuccessful when in fact, it’s another cost cutting season with further player development and improvement to the overall culture of the club.

A couple more seasons like this and we’ll have a group of established home grown championship players playing with a clear identity and a budget to make significant signings to mount a serious promotion push.

• Like 1

On 02/03/2023 at 15:45, Robbored said:

‘and?’ means ‘so what if City are further away now than we were at Xmas?’

Its means nothing - as I said the table changes after every round of Championship fixtures.

If we’re further away than we were 9 games ago then I wouldn’t say we’re “handy placed”

On 02/03/2023 at 15:57, Robbored said:

City are in better form at the moment Super.

No we aren’t. 9 games unbeaten was great but we drew too many for it to be playoff contention form 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Humble Realist said:

Spot on. Anyone talking about us making the play offs in the last week just in absolute different world. 

Well straight after game I said “gone” but. Go to Huddersfield and win our game in hand only 8 points behind then Blackpool home next sat