IGNORED

Playoffs

dunsteral

11 hours ago, MattWSM said:

60 points and 12th top half would be a good achievable target now. Progress on last two seasons and take us in to 2324 in good form and aim for Top 10/ in or around the play offs

2324?

That's a heck of a long time to maintain progress and I'm not sure SL has that much patience if it's going to take Pearson that long!

Also I was hoping there might be a chance of seeing City in the prem in my lifetime. I hadn't realised I'd need to drink from the Holy Grail to achieve that.:)

• Haha 3
  • Flames 2

2 hours ago, downendcity said:

2324?

That's a heck of a long time to maintain progress and I'm not sure SL has that much patience if it's going to take Pearson that long!

Also I was hoping there might be a chance of seeing City in the prem in my lifetime. I hadn't realised I'd need to drink from the Holy Grail to achieve that.:)

Remember, promotion is a long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long-term project.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Curr Avon said:

Remember, promotion is a long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long, long-term project.

Whatever happened to Europa League in five years?

On 09/03/2023 at 12:57, Curr Avon said:

Warning! Carry on like that and you'll start saying "These things take time".

37 minutes ago, marcofisher said:

We’d need at least 7 wins from the next 10 and to not lose more than 2. Still have to play Burnley, Middlesbrough and Sheffield United in those 10.

Even that might not be enough. I think we're looking at a high bar for 6th. Over 70 points imo. Not possible. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, redysteadygo said:

They're leading teams because they don't give room

We found space down the sides v Man City. They are a decent side apparently. Top teams will go for a win to keep up their promo challenge, that creates opportunities in behind. I don't think we break down a parked bus very well though not many teams do I guess.

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

If Burnley aren't promoted and confirmed as champions by the time we play them then something's gone very wrong for them somewhere.

This division will be all but done by April. 6th place might be up for debate still, but bottom 3 and top 2 will be all but gone.