IGNORED

Seventh Heaven

maxjak

Amusing and entertaining watching here from Fuengirola. 
Don’t like either side (don’t hate them either). 

Battle of the Plastics. 

Liverpool Plastics get bragging rights today - you can hear them in pubs and bars all across the south of England teasing their Man U plastic counterparts in the same regions. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Absolutely not, child of the 1990s I hated em

But there wasn't any gloating posts on here from any lurking Mancs after they won the cup.....

Interesting you say that. As a child of the 90s myself, I quite liked them. They were always on ITV on a Wednesday night in the Champions League, so I saw a lot more of them live than anyone else and therefore had quite an affinity with them. I loved watching them win it in 1999, it was an incredible run to the final - plus the amazing final itself.

19 minutes ago, shelts said:

Some game that and a scoreline I didn’t see coming if I’m honest . Two massive clubs. Great advert for the Premiership. 

I’m a bit the other way. I find it dull watching games with one sided score lines. I agree with not seeing that coming though. Even at half time I thought United were unlucky to be behind.

that second half was pitiful though. Spineless and unprofessional. Utd fans must be seething.

• Like 1

On today’s performance and attitude I would be stripping Fernandez of the captaincy first thing tomorrow morning and look to get rid end of season , cheat who is always diving , constantly on the refs back , bad attitude now and again has a decent game , get rid 

• Flames 1

1 hour ago, CodeRed said:

I'm reminded of when I worked at British Aerospace in Filton back in the day when Liverpool were the dominant team in Europe - Dalgliesh era before they were banned after Heysel - and after a win all the plastic Scousers would come in fist pumping ...we did this we did that etc.. taking the piss out of City and Rovers fans about their "shit team". I'd ask them how often they were able to get up to Anfield and not one had ever seen them live anywhere.

They've probably been Man City fans these last few years.

Some just like to be associated with ‘bigger and better’ clubs. It’s all about prestige and why we see youngsters wearing PL club shirts Man Utd, Liverpool, Man City Chelsea etc etc..

9 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

I have said it before

Bruno and Rashford are two of the most spineless players i have ever seen

When the going get tough They are the first to hide under the nearest rock

I think that's a bit harsh on Rashford.

• Like 5

I certainly don't consider myself to be a "fake scouser" - this gator is absolutely 100% Bristolian and proud of it.

BUT I have a pathological dislike of Manchester United, and a soft spot for Liverpool. Hence I am having a giggle this evening.

I really don't see any problem with that. 

2 hours ago, CodeRed said:

I'm reminded of when I worked at British Aerospace in Filton back in the day when Liverpool were the dominant team in Europe - Dalgliesh era before they were banned after Heysel - and after a win all the plastic Scousers would come in fist pumping ...we did this we did that etc.. taking the piss out of City and Rovers fans about their "shit team". I'd ask them how often they were able to get up to Anfield and not one had ever seen them live anywhere.

They've probably been Man City fans these last few years.

I know a few Liverpool fans myself and none have ever been to a single game (I've seen them live once more than them), the same as a couple of Spurs fans who have never been to a single Spurs game between them. None have ever even tried to get on any supporters club/members etc to try and get match tickets either. Very odd.

I’ve been told (and I’m open to being corrected) that the reason Man U and Liverpool hate each other is nothing to do with being local rivals, nor religion or politics - apparently it was after the Munich air disaster when many of the ‘Busby Babes’ tragically lost their lives, Liverpool fans draped piss-taking banners mocking the tragedy from motorway bridges around the area. 
Man U fans have (understandably) never forgiven them for this and the hatred has grown. 
Like I said - I’m open to being corrected on this, but this is my understanding from what I’ve been told. 

1 minute ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I’ve been told (and I’m open to being corrected) that the reason Man U and Liverpool hate each other is nothing to do with being local rivals, nor religion or politics - apparently it was after the Munich air disaster when many of the ‘Busby Babes’ tragically lost their lives, Liverpool fans draped piss-taking banners mocking the tragedy from motorway bridges around the area. 
Man U fans have (understandably) never forgiven them for this and the hatred has grown. 
Like I said - I’m open to being corrected on this, but this is my understanding from what I’ve been told. 

Didn't happen in 1958. There were no motorways for one thing and I doubt football crowds back then would be so c-nty.

Now, you get Hillsborough chants from Man U and Munich chants from Liverpool.  Both as unpleasant as each other.  Thank f-, City abandoned the frankly revolting Aberfan stuff you heard ages ago.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

That certainly wouldn’t have helped matters.

The War of the Roses is where it all stems from.

• Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, milo1111 said:

I’m a bit the other way. I find it dull watching games with one sided score lines. I agree with not seeing that coming though. Even at half time I thought United were unlucky to be behind.

that second half was pitiful though. Spineless and unprofessional. Utd fans must be seething.

From a purely football angle, IMHO Man U could consider themselves unlucky. 
2 of Liverpools goals were from lucky deflections (ok they still had to finish) 

Also I thought one Man U player was unlucky to be yellow carded after he got the ball with his tackle but the Liverpool player got caught up in the follow-through. 

That said it would still have been at least 4-0……..

2 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Didn't happen in 1958. There were no motorways for one thing and I doubt football crowds back then would be so c-nty.

Now, you get Hillsborough chants from Man U and Munich chants from Liverpool.  Both as unpleasant as each other.  Thank f-, City abandoned the frankly revolting Aberfan stuff you heard ages ago.

…and not forgetting Man Utd’s ‘Istanbul’ chants towards Leeds fans……with the cut-throat gestures.

• Like 2