IGNORED

Seventh Heaven

maxjak

Just now, Robbored said:

Yeah - and Portuguese is spoken in Brazil…….can you not see the connection?

Between Fernandes and Brazil?

Not really, given he is Portuguese. As has been pointed out repeatedly. 

Literally none of this is relevant however, you are doing your usual strawman arguments to get away from the fact you assumed someone's ethnicity because of how they act on a football pitch.

• Like 1

I'm not a plastic supporter of any other club.

I support my own and that's it.

Means absolutely nothing to me if either club wins anything.

However, as a neutral I enjoyed the match.

Hopefully Liverpool will get battered 7-0 next week just so I don't have to see all of the plastic fans spouting irrelevant drivel all over their social media feeds. Like it ACTUALLY means anything to them.

**** off plastic supporters. There is only one club to give a shit about. Your own!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Hmmm 1

16 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I’ve been told (and I’m open to being corrected) that the reason Man U and Liverpool hate each other is nothing to do with being local rivals, nor religion or politics - apparently it was after the Munich air disaster when many of the ‘Busby Babes’ tragically lost their lives, Liverpool fans draped piss-taking banners mocking the tragedy from motorway bridges around the area. 
Man U fans have (understandably) never forgiven them for this and the hatred has grown. 
Like I said - I’m open to being corrected on this, but this is my understanding from what I’ve been told. 

The rivalry I’ve been told is between the two citys before football . Manchester took a lot of work away from Merseyside when the Manchester ship canal was built 

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1

37 minutes ago, redsince1994 said:

Between Fernandes and Brazil?

Not really, given he is Portuguese. As has been pointed out repeatedly. 

Literally none of this is relevant however, you are doing your usual strawman arguments to get away from the fact you assumed someone's ethnicity because of how they act on a football pitch.

That’s quite correct. However I’d add that it’s the footballing culture that determines such shithousery. It’s the way in which they’re coached as youngsters and until they play overseas think that that the way football should be played.

Obviously I’m not criticising the entire population of S America - just those who were coached to playing football in the fashion that they do.

I’m 100% certain that I’m not the only football fan who holds this view.

7 hours ago, cidercity1987 said:

And therein defines the reason why the sixth biggest city is so pathetic at football

If our most dedicated fans (by number of posts) also support another team what chance do we have of getting floating Bristolians away from the likes of Liverpool/Man Utd?

The word "support" means, IMO, someone who consistently pays entrance money to attend a clubs matches as opposed to a"fan". Thus while many of us take an interest in lots of different clubs, all over the planet and for dozens of different reason's, that doesn't mean that we support them either financially or in fact get to see them live. Maybe once a year or three. If I'm walking through a local park and there is a game in progress, I stop to have a look and enjoy others playing the greatest team game ever devised.

Your opinion seems to imply that people like me and @Davefevs and plenty of others on this forum taking an interest in the world of football outside of Ashton Gate are damaging Bristol City's chances of progression upwards. How sad!

Edited by cidered abroad
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

The word "support" means, IMO, someone who consistently pays entrance money to attend a clubs matches as opposed to a"fan". Thus while many of us take an interest in lots of different clubs, all over the planet and for dozens of different reason's, that doesn't mean that we support them either financially or in fact get to see them live. Maybe once a year or three. If I'm walking through a local park and there is a game in progress, I stop to have a look and enjoy others playing the greatest team game ever devised.

Your opinion seems to imply that people like me and @Davefevs and plenty of others on this forum taking an interest in the world of football outside of Ashton Gate are damaging Bristol City's chances of progression upwards. How sad!

Reminds me, I must stop watching Ashton & Blackwell United during international breaks.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

Latino - a person of South American descent. 

Brazil are only S.American country that speak Portuguese. All the others speak Spanish.

But both are languages derived mostly from 3rd Century Latin, both were invaded by Romans, and a small percentage of Arabic, due to another invasion of both countries. So I consider that Spain, Portugal and most countries from Mexico to Chile and Argentina are Latino, and that includes Brasil.

Both languages are very similar in grammar and for one who speaks and reads one it is fairly easy to understand the other. The big difference is the same as between London and Glasgow; both sound totally different to each other.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I’ve been told (and I’m open to being corrected) that the reason Man U and Liverpool hate each other is nothing to do with being local rivals, nor religion or politics - apparently it was after the Munich air disaster when many of the ‘Busby Babes’ tragically lost their lives, Liverpool fans draped piss-taking banners mocking the tragedy from motorway bridges around the area. 
Man U fans have (understandably) never forgiven them for this and the hatred has grown. 
Like I said - I’m open to being corrected on this, but this is my understanding from what I’ve been told. 

The Manchester - Liverpool rivalry isn’t just limited to football, or sport and it dates back as far as the Industrial Revolution 

• Like 1

Is Fernandes, irrespective of his language, ethnicity or place of birth, immune to punishment on or off the pitch? Not only did he commit several bookable offences on the pitch he also allegedly pushed a referee's assistant because said official had the temerity to place a hand on his arm! Nothing can be done now as Madley took no action at the time.

35 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

But both are languages derived mostly from 3rd Century Latin, both were invaded by Romans, and a small percentage of Arabic, due to another invasion of both countries. So I consider that Spain, Portugal and most countries from Mexico to Chile and Argentina are Latino, and that includes Brasil.

Both languages are very similar in grammar and for one who speaks and reads one it is fairly easy to understand the other. The big difference is the same as between London and Glasgow; both sound totally different to each other..

It’s same in the Algarve where they speak a combination of Portuguese and Spanish. It’s almost a third language 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

My outdoor bowls club is right to Ashton and Backwell FC.

We can hear them training and playing on Saturday afternoons.

Thanks for that fascinating input to a thread about a football match between Liverpool and Manchester United.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, Robbored said:

Is he not Argentinian? I was going by his surname.

I just looked him up - he’s Portuguese so may as well be a Latino. They have a similar attitude to the beautiful game.

I can’t believe you get away with posting this shite tbh

6 hours ago, Kodjias Wrist said:

In all fairness there are many different definitions for Latino, some broader than others and some include portugese descent.

Doesn’t make it ok to basically say all Latinos (or anyone who looks or sounds like they might be) are cheats

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

I can’t believe you get away with posting this shite tbh

Doesn’t make it ok to basically say all Latinos (or anyone who looks or sounds like they might be) are cheats.

Where did I post that?

I think you’re mistaken Marcus.

3 hours ago, Robbored said:

I take zero interest in Man Utd. In fact I wasn’t aware that Fernandez was captain so why would I know where his was from?…………..:dunno:

Having watched his antics of feigning injury, pushing the linesman and trying to get opponents sent off smacked of typical Latino behaviour.

Another racist comment from you towards the Latin America people. Well done.

• Haha 1

On 05/03/2023 at 21:18, milo1111 said:

I’m a bit the other way. I find it dull watching games with one sided score lines. I agree with not seeing that coming though. Even at half time I thought United were unlucky to be behind.

that second half was pitiful though. Spineless and unprofessional. Utd fans must be seething.

I can’t disagree