IGNORED

Ivan Toney

kiwicolin

5 minutes ago, kiwicolin said:

Do you think that Ivan Toney should be included in the England team  ? 

He has a charge pending on betting. He has admitted this charge but as young football fans follow him , should he be allowed to play for England? 

Same goes for Kyle Walker

He’s admitted guilt so shouldn’t be playing now for Brentford let alone even being considered for England as far as I’m concerned… If Southampton go down  (I know that they will) but by the odd point or two then his MOM performance including a goal and an assist after admitting guilt and awaiting the routine suspension from the FA will be a bit hard to swallow for the saints fans..

• Like 1
  • Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Can the England football team and the FA really be separated tho?

Toney has admitted his guilt and will either get a ban (possibly 3 - 5 games) or heavily fined by the FA. I really can’t see why that impeding punishment should effect his international selection.

9 hours ago, alexukhc said:

Same goes for Kyle Walker

Difference surely is Walker has denied the offfence & so until (if) proven guilty, should be considered innocent.

Toney has admitted this charge & so it seems baffling he’s involved.

As for the moronic comment above about “whatever is going on outside of football should not get in the way” there is absolutely no chance of a player charged with a serious sexual offence being called up, is there? Giggs had to step down as Wales boss too.

Just a typically ridiculous thing to say.

30 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Toney has admitted his guilt and will either get a ban (possibly 3 - 5 games) or heavily fined by the FA. I really can’t see why that impeding punishment should effect his international selection.

3-5 games seems somewhat lenient for the 260 (?) incidents he has admitted too.

I would have thought a 6 months ban would have been more appropriate.

• Like 2

Just now, The Gasbuster said:

Not a chance it will be this lenient, he’s talking complete rubbish.

Trippier got a 10 week ban for far fewer offences, a certain Joseph Barton got 18 months (he effectively retired as a result).

Lots of media speculation it could be as long as a year.

Toney is guilty , so shouldn't be available for England until after the ban has ban imposed and served. 
I've no problem him playing for Brentford until the ban kicks in, though it should have been dealt with quickly.

The FA cannot afford to be seen to be lenient. There have been precedents set and they would have to be on a par with those unless he can come up with some seriously good excuses and Lawyers.

7 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Is it that big a deal tho? ………….:dunno:

I guess it all depends on whether the FA will make an example of Toney.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

3 to 5 games are you serious? more like a six month ban, how many offences has he admitted to? come on Robbored 3 to 5 games, (I bet) he would be over the moon with that.

Edited by pillred

The FA have dragged their feet over their own draconian betting regulations which state that no professional footballer can bet on any football anywhere in the world…………:cool2:. Bloody ridiculous rule. Obviously it would be sensible to ban players from betting on their own teams games for obvious reasons but it’s a worldwide ban.

Toney has admitted breaching those rules and I hope he gets off but clearly he won’t get away without some sort of punishment.

I posted earlier that the FA may throw book at him but I hope they don’t given the ridiculous nature of their own betting rules.

Excellent to see him included - well deserved.

It's going to sound a really rogue thing to say given how proven he is, but I feel that Toney has more of a willing mentality than Kane. I'd have much more confidence in him to have scored that penalty against France. I had a horrible feeling about it when I saw Kane preparing - there's just something about him which doesn't fill me with confidence 100% of the time as you'd expect for a striker of his ilk.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Excellent to see him included - well deserved.

It's going to sound a really rogue thing to say given how proven he is, but I feel that Toney has more of a willing mentality than Kane. I'd have much more confidence in him to have scored that penalty against France. I had a horrible feeling about it when I saw Kane preparing - there's just something about him which doesn't fill me with confidence 100% of the time as you'd expect for a striker of his ilk.

A great Striker is Kane, but never been World Class for me. I can't put my finger on what it is as his stats would suggest otherwise, but a perennial winner he certainly is not. Goes missing in the big games.

At the end of his career he will regret not leaving Spurs at the age of 24/25. 

5 minutes ago, Super said:

8 month ban ouch!

With off season it’s about 7/12 which takes the ban to Jan of next year. He’ll miss over half a season. It seems harsh but definitely sends out a message to every professional footballer.

I was expecting a 10 or 12 match ban. 

What's the point in applying part of the ban during the off season? Surely 8 months should just be applied during the playing season and possibly pre-season friendlies? Wouldn't that be a more meaningful punishment and demonstrate an example to others? Or am i missing something?

That's like banning me from working when i'm on annual leave?