IGNORED

Alex Scott - £25m to Bournemouth- Confirmed

15 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I watched him slow-run towards a loose ball that was subsequently claimed by a Burnley player who had been considerably further from it. It was then I knew Alex had already left the club. That was disappointing.  I didn't clap him off. I applauded the substitution. 

I noticed this and it was all the more disappointing knowing how he usually plays so yes it was worth a criticism. It reminded me of seasons not so long ago when 50/50 balls were deemed a lost cause by the players.

• Thanks 1

I thought Scott did ok (not amazing, but ok) until he had half a chance in the 2nd half & got it all wrong & fell over.  From thereon he seemed to go to pieces.  I don't for 1 second think it was lack of effort, but just a bad day at the office against the best team I've seen us play (for my money the only outstanding team in the division this year).

I don't think Scott's down turn of form is either not trying, nor just an off day or three... its that he knows he's going, and his mindset is in a totally different place. His focus has changed. Up to you if you of you want to blame him. Personally, I wouldn't select him, and he definitely had to come off at halftime v Burnley 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Shame to see some of the less than supportive comments on here.  I’m convinced he’s known where he is going since the Watford game.  And good bloody luck to the lad.   Poor performance yesterday but the pressure on him to not get injured whilst putting a shift in must’ve been big.  I’d defy anyone of us on here not to also feel pressure when a possible 15/20 fold wage increase is coming your way - never mind the step up in class, life experiences, and potential opportunities that will accompany the move.

• Like 12

So Scott had a poor game yesterday (certainly by his standards) but he's 19 and that happens. I watched Bellingham play for Dortmund in the Ruhr derby with Bochum on Friday night and he didn't have a great game either. The only disappointment for me is that if it proves to be his last game in a City shirt at the Gate. But it's been a privilege to watch him develop into the player he is, and can become so despite yesterday's mistake its a big HOORAH from me. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

This is it, Fevs, and what I object to is not others having a different take on matters than me, but getting insulted (not by you, natch) for having my own views.  It certainly was rife among the crowd filing out around me that it was a poor performance by Scott with him seeming to have mentally left our club already. I'm a competitive sort and I like to see us win even dead rubbers like yesterday, so it wasn't the last home game of the season I had wanted to watch.

Like everyone, I appreciate some great performances by the young man and wish him all the best wherever his career takes him. I don't think it'll be long before we find out where that will be.

(On a completely unrelated point, but seeing as you mentioned Benson, how on earth did an Angolan Belgian player end up with that name? Were his parents big fans of a certain 1980s American comedy?)

I certainly prefer seeing debate with a bit of courtesy.

I’ve often said you can see a game different at AG than on the telly, and even in AG from one side of the ground to another.

…and it’s gonna get a bit boring on here on just over a weeks time, until the “we’ve not signed anyone yet” threads start! ?

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1

59 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

and it’s gonna get a bit boring on here on just over a weeks time, until the “we’ve not signed anyone yet” threads start!

Whilst I won’t be moaning, am hoping that being one of the first teams that could say “Championship for sure 23/24” to targets/their representatives, will allow us to get business done reasonably early (rumours hint this maybe the case?). And then we can get the squad up to speed on how we’re going to play with a longer pre season together than most. Given we won’t be shipping in superstars (however much we get for AS), a more Luton-esque/whole greater than the sum of the parts approach relies more heavily on everyone understanding each other/the system. After all, gotta be some benefits to being mid-table non entities. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, italian dave said:

Not sure the feeling would be mutual after yesterday! And before anyone starts - I’m only joking! 

I don't see why not, after all, he's the only reason they're still on to top the 100 points.

I'm joking too btw 

Edited by AppyDAZE

14 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I certainly prefer seeing debate with a bit of courtesy.

I’ve often said you can see a game different at AG than on the telly, and even in AG from one side of the ground to another.

…and it’s gonna get a bit boring on here on just over a weeks time, until the “we’ve not signed anyone yet” threads start! ?

I apologise to @Red-Robbo for calling him a dick, but to say “I didn't clap him off. I applauded the substitution. ” just seems very ungracious to a 19 year old kid with a massive decision to make in the not too distant. For me, mistake aside, it was an average performance, not poor, just average for the standards he’s set. 

Every City fan in the ground should have clapped him off for what he’s done over 2 years. Not clapped him being subbed for one mistake and a slightly below par game. 
Probably the last chance we’ll get. 

• Like 11
  • Flames 1

27 minutes ago, glynriley said:

I apologise to @Red-Robbo for calling him a dick, but to say “I didn't clap him off. I applauded the substitution. ” just seems very ungracious to a 19 year old kid with a massive decision to make in the not too distant. For me, mistake aside, it was an average performance, not poor, just average for the standards he’s set. 

Every City fan in the ground should have clapped him off for what he’s done over 2 years. Not clapped him being subbed for one mistake and a slightly below par game. 
Probably the last chance we’ll get. 

I guess I was caught up in the game and the substitution wasn't for just that mistake; he'd been pretty poor since kick-off and started to just drift out of contention altogether.  As others have said, it's probable that the move was weighing on his mind and his concentration level had dropped.  Pearson would've known this and perhaps only played him so he could have a farewell from the crowd, which is why it's unfortunate that his last match ended like that.

If I was ungracious, I'd say I was in the company of at least two-thirds of the Dolman - but hopefully my posts here show that I do appreciate his talent and gave enjoyed his time at the club. 

Of course, it isn't a one-way street either: Scott gave us some lovely displays and was a very important player and will earn the club money, but City improved him and gave him the platform at an early age from which he'll  hopefully go on to have a fantastic career and earn shedloads of money.

9 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

David Ornstein reporting today that Charlie Patino wants to leave Arsenal on perm.

Assume he won’t get a premier league move. And not many other champ clubs will have money this summer (assuming we sell AS). That is an Alex Scott replacement I’d like to see here. 

You don’t mess with Charlie Patino.

robert de niro smoke GIF

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, the1stknowle said:

David Ornstein reporting today that Charlie Patino wants to leave Arsenal on perm.

Assume he won’t get a premier league move. And not many other champ clubs will have money this summer (assuming we sell AS). That is an Alex Scott replacement I’d like to see here. 

He would have played with Alex @ U19 level, so perhaps Alex can put in a word.

1 hour ago, Percy Pig said:

My mate who works at Brighton's academy is saying that the whole building is talking about Alex replacing Mac Alister this summer. A lot of buzz about it apparently. 

I think that would be a great move for him (and us if we can get the standard sell on inserted). Club doing well, good track record of bringing players through and only selling when it suits them (£££). The sort of club I'm sure we aspire to be

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Harvey86 said:

I think that would be a great move for him (and us if we can get the standard sell on inserted). Club doing well, good track record of bringing players through and only selling when it suits them (£££). The sort of club I'm sure we aspire to be

Would be a super move for him. Webster/Scott v Kelly/Semenyo for points. 

On 01/05/2023 at 20:03, Street red said:

The more clubs the better that come in for him it just increases his price.

Don't think Leeds would be a good move still think Brighton would be quality for Scott.

Not sure- he's gain a lot of valuable experience working under several different managers in one season.

• Haha 7