IGNORED

Whos going down?

OliOTIB

QPR lost 8 in their last 9.

Cardiff struggling, however have 1 game in hand.

Rotherham dropping.

Huddersfield won today, 7 points out there last 9 and yet to play Cardiff and Reading.

Reading have 6 point deduction incoming, then 1 point off the drop (could of been level with the drop if it wasnt for our incompetence)

Wigan and Blackpool look down and out now.

Whos everyones money on then? Im going Wigan, B’Pool and Reading

Edited by OliOTIB

A few weeks back I would have said the three that were down there but Huddersfield’s run is putting the cat amongst the pigeons. 

Life’s not that sweet for Cardiff to go. Reading looked dire today but QPR are probably worse so I’m going Blackpool, Wigan and QPR

Edited by milo1111

5 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Warnock will keep Huddersfield up one way or another.  Think any of the 4 mentioned could go down as none are at all convincing.  Would like us to just win another game asap to settle my nerves as teams at the bottom are just starting to improve.  

I reckon we’ve got enough already.  There’s are too many teams between us and the drop zone. A couple of them will fall apart now and win no more than a game from here on in.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, The Bard said:

Warnock will keep Huddersfield up one way or another.  Think any of the 4 mentioned could go down as none are at all convincing.  Would like us to just win another game asap to settle my nerves as teams at the bottom are just starting to improve.  

Even with Warnock in charge I wouldn’t expect them to get more than 11 or 12 points at the max with the difficult games they got and even if we fell of a cliff from now to the end of the season there are other clubs that will soften the fall 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, The Bard said:

Really? I haven't looked at all the fixtures and done the calculations, but it would seem a mathematical improbability that 8 of the teams below us would be able to overtake our current points total. Even if we lost all our remaining games, the swing in goal difference would have to be massive too. Do your nerves a favour and just look at the table objectively.

Screenshot_2023-04-02-10-27-48-04_4e3a4e884d35a3e473eec66b07ef8cea.jpg

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Davefevs said:

With Reading’s points deduction it’s suddenly got interesting.  All 3 looked doomed a couple of games before the break.

Is that definite Dave ? 
Puts them a point outside the 'R' zone and yesterday was their first away point this year. Wouldn't miss them TBH.

Form over last 6

QPR.     -  LLWLLL
ROVRUM- WDWLLD
CARDFF - WLWLDL
READNG- LLLLDD with 6 points off
HUD'FD - LDLDWW
B'POOL - LDLWLL
WIGAN  - DLLDDW

Form is the big thing, when you're down there you are scrabbling for points and the Huddersfield result looks massive now. 
Reading , QPR & Blackpool are the bottom 3 in the form table and they look like they all want to fall out of the League , QPR ( one win and 8 defeats in 9 ) are dropping like a stone. Hard to call but quite nice seeing so many teams worse than us.

2 hours ago, Swede said:

In an ideal world it would be cardiff yin tong, brum and qpr for me. All FFP cheating ba5tards

28 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Unsure Cardiff yet cheated FFP unless you mean 2015 when they got a 6 month transfer ban in Jan 2016 before falling back into line under the old one year rule.

Yes, I would put Reading on that list before Cardiff, although the way they acted over the Sala affair put's them back in the cheating barstewards category for me.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Really? I haven't looked at all the fixtures and done the calculations, but it would seem a mathematical improbability that 8 of the teams below us would be able to overtake our current points total. Even if we lost all our remaining games, the swing in goal difference would have to be massive too. Do your nerves a favour and just look at the table objectively.

Screenshot_2023-04-02-10-27-48-04_4e3a4e884d35a3e473eec66b07ef8cea.jpg

We don’t need another point.

Reading are rumoured to be having 6 deducted.

QPR have won 2 of their last 25!

Cardiff have games against Rotherham, Huddersfield & Blackpool to come, so no way will all of the final bottom 3 get to 50 points, our GD (compared to the bottom six) is worth another point, before someone says that we are currently on 49.

Edited by GrahamC
  • Like 3

I reckon Rotherham would be comfortably well not totally but moreso had Warne stayed.

Some of their demolitions under him of middling and lower middling sides at him at home were fairly unRotherham like.

Couple that with players like Hjelde, Fosu, Hugill and others albeit sold Barlaser who they added in January.

As for us, I don't get why we would or should have any relegation concerns tbh. We're safe, 3rd from bottom won't be hitting 49 then there's goal difference.

Host of sides below us have to play each other too, can't both win.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

We're safe, 3rd from bottom won't be hitting 49 then there's goal difference.

I wouldn’t write Huddersfield off achieving that just yet, they’ve beaten Millwall away and Boro at home in their last 2 games with matches against Reading, Cardiff and Swansea to come. Blackburn at home as well who can be very hit and miss.

Expected them to lose both the last two games, now I can see them not only staying up but doing it with games to spare.

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

I wouldn’t write Huddersfield off achieving that just yet, they’ve beaten Millwall away and Boro at home in their last 2 games with matches against Reading, Cardiff and Swansea to come. Blackburn at home as well who can be very hit and miss.

Expected them to lose both the last two games, now I can see them not only staying up but doing it with games to spare.

I think he meant the team that finishes third bottom will be short of 49 points, not Huddersfield specifically.

• Like 1

looking at qprs form and their run in, they might scrape 2 more points, 1 against coventry maybe and possibly us on the last day. their run in looks awful

a little prediction for may

rotherham  49pts

hudds         47pts

cardiff         46pts

qpr              44pts

blackpool    39pts

wigan           38pts

as already said, all of the bottom 6 have tough run ins with the league so tight, there are more teams going flat out for the play offs which doesnt help any of them.

Edited by redsquirrel

3 hours ago, Bris Red said:

The bed wetters won’t be happy until we are mathematically safe though, we should all know this..!

‘You’re not from around here are you’ … as they say down in Devon.

We’re Bristol City. We have an unerring ability to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Until it’s mathematically impossible to go down, it remains a risk for us - perhaps not other teams but for us, yes. Just look at the City women’s result today…should have been a stroll in the park and promotion all but guarantee’d. What do we do?