IGNORED

Whos going down?

OliOTIB

7 hours ago, Malago said:

Cardiff as good as safe if it finishes 2-1.

It would take a real freak set of results for them to go down now unfortunately. Realistically, it’s between Huddersfield and Reading, with that last game likely to be winner takes all. I love games like this, providing City aren’t involved. ?

5 hours ago, richyy66 said:

Huddersfield V Reading last game of the season could be the deciding relegation spot between these two. Hopefully another Northern club to depart this division.

Nah, hope Reading go down. Been trying to cheat their way to Promotion for years by massively overspending on wages. Finally going to Bite them on the bum.

• Like 6

Blackpool v Millwall tonight, two teams with a lot to play for - good game to watch, Millwall needing to win to have a realistic chance of the playoffs and Blackpool desperate for a win to have a chance of not being relegated.

7 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Blackpool v Millwall tonight, two teams with a lot to play for - good game to watch, Millwall needing to win to have a realistic chance of the playoffs and Blackpool desperate for a win to have a chance of not being relegated.

Blackpool are down if they lose, Reading v Hudds last game means they can’t both get no points

1 minute ago, cider hoss rules said:

Blackpool are down if they lose, Reading v Hudds last game means they can’t both get no points

Although I sometimes that's a pity. I once had to sit through a 0-0 draw between City and Rotherham at the New York stadium that was so bad and lacking in quality that both sides should have had points deducted. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cider hoss rules said:

If Huddersfield lose their next three games they will be on the same points as Blackpool if Blackpool win their next game so how can Blackpool be relegated tonight (sorry if I'm missing something).

Edited by pillred

4 minutes ago, pillred said:

If Huddersfield lose their next three games they will be on the same points as Blackpool if Blackpool win their next game so how can Blackpool be relegated tonight (sorry if I'm missing something).

I had to look at it twice. Reading are two points above them and Huddersfield three. The key is that those two still have to play each other. There is no result between those two whereby one of them does not end up at least four points ahead of them.

5 minutes ago, pillred said:

Huddersfield have to play Reading, so if they lose all 3 including to Reading they would swap places with Huddersfield going down with Blackpool. 

3 minutes ago, cityexile said:

I had to look at it twice. Reading are two points above them and Huddersfield three. The key is that those two still have to play each other. There is no result between those two whereby one of them does not end up at least four points ahead of them.

What if Reading draw they would only be three points ahead?

2 minutes ago, pillred said:

But would that not mean that Reading would still only be on 44 points?

Blackpool are two places away from safety. They need to overtake both Reading and Huddersfield to be safe. There is no result between the two of them were Blackpool can overtake both of them. Hence they are relegated.

• Thanks 1

On 28/04/2023 at 01:55, richyy66 said:

Huddersfield V Reading last game of the season could be the deciding relegation spot between these two. Hopefully another Northern club to depart this division.

Ah right. I was wondering why all the press were declaring Blackpool had been relegated, despite the fact that they could have caught both Reading and Huddersfield. Admittedly their goal difference is hugely inferior but that can't mean they are declared down. Now its obvious that Udders and Reading cant both lose their last game.

Edited by CrackingCheeseGromit

40 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Rotherham v Boro just starting on the red button.

Rotherham staying up as it stands currently, just need a point due to better goal difference over Reading (8 goal difference as it stands).

Rotherham 1-0 Boro

Rotherham staying up.

Now down to Huddersfield or Reading with Huddersfield having a home game in hand, 2 goals better goal difference, and 3 points clear, playing each other last game in Huddersfield.