IGNORED

Who's Coming Down?

Port Said Red

9 minutes ago, Ecko said:

None of the promoted teams relegated. Shows how shit the teams below are.

Fair play forest. Most clubs would had sacked Cooper, but they stuck by him. 

Agree lessen to be learnt , keep there manager and stay up , soton Leicester Everton Leeds ( soton already gone )all change managers and any of the rest could well go down , 

also credit to forest fans superb atmosphere and stayed off the pitch so there could be proper celebrations .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Spawny club Nottingham Forest. Not sure they have deserved on balance of play half the points they have got this season. They did keep the faith when many around then did not so some  credit there, but some strong fortune in the play-off final last season too.

Tough away game there for sides this season as I expected, expected them to be tough at home and 30 pts at home certainly is that.

Pre this season we’ve hardly been ones to talk on getting points versus balance of play. I will never forget that Huddersfield game under Holden??

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Spawny club Nottingham Forest. Not sure they have deserved on balance of play half the points they have got this season. They did keep the faith when many around then did not so some  credit there, but some strong fortune in the play-off final last season too.

Tough away game there for sides this season as I expected, expected them to be tough at home and 30 pts at home certainly is that.

Invested in strikers where others didnt

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Hang on . I’m no lover of forest & I also appreciate your posts on here. However a league table does not lie over the course of a season . They’re not spawny. They deserve to stay up 

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Hang on . I’m no lover of forest & I also appreciate your posts on here. However a league table does not lie over the course of a season . They’re not spawny. They deserve to stay up 

This is fair. I suppose my point is maybe I'm basing on in game stats a bit, yes they do deserve to stay up but maybe more of a counter punching side. They perhaps make the most of their chances.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

8 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

It is absolutely and perfectly possible for any league table to lie about a certain team's  ability relative to its peers. Teams regularly end up in a position either too generous or too harsh. Football is low scoring, turns on tiny subjectively judged moments, and results and points given are too absolute for the opposite to be true.

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

When was the last time all three promoted clubs stayed up ? 

2017/18, when Newcastle, Brighton and Huddersfield all stayed up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Mr Popodopolous said:

This is fair. I suppose my point is maybe I'm basing on in game stats a bit, yes they do deserve to stay up but maybe more of a counter pressing side.

I’m not a stats person at all. I really appreciate the amount of work @Davefevs and a few others put in & it seems like a passion & fair play , it’s just not me . 
Also , there’s no right or wrong way to play as long as the ball hits the net. There is a lot of football snobbery . Play from the back etc etc but look at Luton . More than the sum of their parts & a bloody horrible side to play against  . I really don’t like them but you have to congratulate them . Let’s be honest we’re all a little bit jealous of them & cov 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Numero Uno said:

If Leicester win on Monday they could be out of the bottom three? Everyone is assuming Leeds will roller West Ham tomorrow, I’m not so sure.

They’re away to Newcastle.

Their last 15 games reads: won 1 drawn 3 lost 11.

I’d get money on it if you really think they will.

I’m not sure they’ll get another point.

1 hour ago, steviestevieneville said:

I’m not a stats person at all. I really appreciate the amount of work @Davefevs and a few others put in & it seems like a passion & fair play , it’s just not me . 
Also , there’s no right or wrong way to play as long as the ball hits the net. There is a lot of football snobbery . Play from the back etc etc but look at Luton . More than the sum of their parts & a bloody horrible side to play against  . I really don’t like them but you have to congratulate them . Let’s be honest we’re all a little bit jealous of them & cov 

I agree with this, especially. There is no right way to play football, I'd all sides hit it long, if all sides played on the counter, if all sides looked dominate the ball it would be dull. Without doubt.

Luton post Edwards replacing Jones have probably improved a bit style wise but I digress credit to them, not my favourite style sure but credit yeah. On their probable budget too wow. Yeah we'd all quite like to be one game from the PL I reckon!

1 minute ago, redsquirrel said:

i hope leeds stay up, i hate it when we lose to them, love it when we win mind but cant remember last time

2016 late September, can't remember who got the goal. It is very very rare in my time though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Numero Uno said:

Pre this season we’ve hardly been ones to talk on getting points versus balance of play. I will never forget that Huddersfield game under Holden??

The stats were embarassing that game. We should have lost 8-2 but won 2-1.

We were very 'spawny' under LJ and Holden

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

They’re away to Newcastle.

Their last 15 games reads: won 1 drawn 3 lost 11.

I’d get money on it if you really think they will.

I’m not sure they’ll get another point.

Everton spanked European qualification chasing Brighton, away from home. Anything can happen (and often does).