IGNORED

Who's Coming Down?

Port Said Red

42 minutes ago, SPAZZA said:

Looks like I’ll be sitting on my hands at Ashton Gate once more ?

The board especially but also the players deserve this, shocking to get rid of Bielsa who held every aspect of the club together for a travelling book salesman from America, when we kept him on past October I’ve always felt we were down, Gracia was appointed because no one else wanted the job, Big Sam isn’t what we need but it was worth a shot.

Victor Orta finally given the boot, he has built this squad and spunked millions on absolute dross, £35m on a young striker who doesn’t play, £42m awarded by CAS for a player we didn’t even register as our own because we welched on a deal (our own incompetent fault), we have a few assets to sell, we do have some very very good youngsters whom are good enough for the Championship, like always it all depends on what manager you get, this ownership have had 7 cracks at appointing a manager, struck gold once and ****** it every other time, funny that the manager is the most important signing a club can make…who would have thought.

I don’t see us going back up, an aging squad, players starting 3 years on who were in the Championship, they’ll be on decent wages and hard to shift, I personally think we are there for the taking next year. I’m not even sad about going down, since Bielsa left there has been nothing to like about the club or the players who have completely phoned in performances this season.

Thanks, good to get a fan's view.

From the outside I'd just add that with a squad apparently stocked with wingers you appoint Marsch who likes to play narrow, the so called Red Bull method.

We can certainly sympathise with fans of a club that gives somebody too much power over recruitment.?

Shame Bielsa has taken over the Uruguay job it would have been fun to have him around again.

1 hour ago, SPAZZA said:

The board especially but also the players deserve this, shocking to get rid of Bielsa who held every aspect of the club together for a travelling book salesman from America, when we kept him on past October I’ve always felt we were down, Gracia was appointed because no one else wanted the job, Big Sam isn’t what we need but it was worth a shot.

Victor Orta finally given the boot, he has built this squad and spunked millions on absolute dross, £35m on a young striker who doesn’t play, £42m awarded by CAS for a player we didn’t even register as our own because we welched on a deal (our own incompetent fault), we have a few assets to sell, we do have some very very good youngsters whom are good enough for the Championship, like always it all depends on what manager you get, this ownership have had 7 cracks at appointing a manager, struck gold once and ****** it every other time, funny that the manager is the most important signing a club can make…who would have thought.

I don’t see us going back up, an aging squad, players starting 3 years on who were in the Championship, they’ll be on decent wages and hard to shift, I personally think we are there for the taking next year. I’m not even sad about going down, since Bielsa left there has been nothing to like about the club or the players who have completely phoned in performances this season.

What has struck me most, is how devoid of any responsibility Allardyce is. Every loss he’s just shrugged off in a kind of “well it was all probably bit too far down the line now when I came in anyway”.  A new manager for 4 ******* games. What was expected to happen?

I didn’t particularly rate Marsch, but I’d wager money if you’d have just stuck with him youd have more points than you do now. 

The only positive is hopefully it puts an end to any PL club seeing Allardyce as a default go-to when a manager is under pressure. 

2 hours ago, SPAZZA said:

Hang on. I thought only Steve Lansdown was rubbish at picking Managers? You mean it's quite common? :whistle:

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

What has struck me most, is how devoid of any responsibility Allardyce is. Every loss he’s just shrugged off in a kind of “well it was all probably bit too far down the line now when I came in anyway”.  A new manager for 4 ******* games. What was expected to happen?

I didn’t particularly rate Marsch, but I’d wager money if you’d have just stuck with him youd have more points than you do now. 

The only positive is hopefully it puts an end to any PL club seeing Allardyce as a default go-to when a manager is under pressure. 

An Allardyce speciality that. Has been for years. Everton fans used to regularly complain about it.

• Like 1

Apparently on £500k for the games in charge and £1m bonus if they stay up. Although he won’t be getting the bonus it’s a nice pay day for him.

Interesting to hear Ayling’s comments on MOTD last night about the squad not being fit enough. 

I think you are right, this will be Big Sam’s last hurrah, in his interview on MOTD he didn’t come across as too bothered. Mind you, £500k buys quite a few pints of white wine!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SPAZZA said:

The board especially but also the players deserve this, shocking to get rid of Bielsa who held every aspect of the club together for a travelling book salesman from America, when we kept him on past October I’ve always felt we were down

You are Joey Barton and I claim my £5 !

In no way shape or form should anything he pointed at Allardyce (unbelievable he’s the manager), we have a really shit unbalanced squad full of spineless individuals.

There is nothing for any manager to work with, the signing of Marsch who we had “scouted for over a year” as a continuation of the Bielsa project was horrific, then not supplying Bielsa with money as we were saving it for Ted Lasso was incredible.

I genuinely believed if we went down under Bielsa, who better to try and bring us back up?

Now we have no plan, no succession and an owner who wishes he sold us two years ago instead of arrogantly holding on believing his own hype that a 9th placed finish wasn’t a miracle, he saw that and thought he could ride out a few years of the gravy train with no danger of relegation.

Bielsa said fire me or buy me players for these positions, the board did neither and hung him out to dry.

The board incredulously didn’t want Bielsa to manage the 2nd PL season as they wanted Lasso to take over, problem is the fan base would have gone berserk after the first season back was so successful, so they chose the slow death route and discarded him, the fans knew but the board were too up their own arses to realise Bielsa actually held every aspect of the club together, far more so than a manager would normally do and he compensated for their negligence in many areas, you won’t ever hear him say those words because he’s a decent man.

We deserve relegation, nothing about this season has indicated otherwise.

Edited by SPAZZA
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Home and away , it'll be six points lost , as always !

Presumably apart from that 2-2 draw up there 4 games back?

Or the home win over them in 16/17 or the draw (when we were 2-0 down in the 88th minute) in 15/16?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Markthehorn said:

Think that is Leeds down .

Leicester need to win and hope Everton don’t beat Bournemouth which I feel won’t happen .

If Leicester can get ahead early the pressure on Everton will be massive.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

They had to take something from the game. 

Their game plan was to take something and then try and win it late on, which they nearly did. 

Yep. They've been shipping goals for fun and were away to the 3rd place side who've been scoring them for fun recently. Try and go for it too much in that situation and there'd have likely been only one outcome.

They’ve now created a scenario where a win and an Everton draw keeps them up. That wouldn’t be the case without the point. I still think it’ll be too little too late, but it’s given them a chance at least.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Yep. They've been shipping goals for fun and were away to the 3rd place side who've been scoring them for fun recently. Try and go for it too much in that situation and there'd have likely been only one outcome.

They’ve now created a scenario where a win and an Everton draw keeps them up. That wouldn’t be the case without the point. I still think it’ll be too little too late, but it’s given them a chance at least.

How the hell did Brendan Rogers totally mis-manage that group of players to land the club in this scenario? One obvious mistake he did make, which was Sunday Pub standard management tbh, was thinking that Danny Ward could adequately replace Kaspar Schmeichel. In what universe did he think that was a realistic scenario? Assuming they do go down there will be a quite a few rats scurrying off that particular sinking ship albeit Leicester City will be a huge draw for the better standard Championship player. If Vardy stays that's one of the two auto spots sealed I reckon.

Ideally, Everton to draw or lose, Leicester to win, and Leeds to draw or lose.

So we have Southampton, Everton, and Leeds in the division next season.

Can't see it happening tbh.

More likely that Leicester and Leeds drop with Southampton, not a bad consolation.