IGNORED

Stoke City away match thread

3 minutes ago, TomF said:

Raising a beer from 1,500 miles away.  Up the ******* reds 

790CA227-053A-4ABA-A733-38153FFF4E61.jpeg

325 miles away in Ghent here. My word the beer is strong. 

Can someone confirm that Mehmeti cut onto his right foot and bent it into the far corner? That’s the way I imagine it anyway. 

4F9B5D4E-4606-4E94-9CC6-146087A0FAAC.jpeg

• Like 5
3 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

325 miles away in Ghent here. My word the beer is strong. 

Can someone confirm that Mehmeti cut onto his right foot and bent it into the far corner? That’s the way I imagine it anyway. 

4F9B5D4E-4606-4E94-9CC6-146087A0FAAC.jpeg

Its a tough old life Fordy!

1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

For those who had a better stream or viewing than me, Weimann goal definitely offside?

Yeah. Made the run a tad too early. Shame because the cross from Tanner was a beaut. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Very happy with the win today, and it’s great that Mehmeti got his first goal. I’m pleased that Vyner got on the scoresheet too - fully deserved after the season he’s had. Coming back from behind shows the character that is being built in the squad. My Good Friday drinks will taste even better tonight. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

Thought that was a very good performance. 

Lots of good performances in there, thought we saw the first glimpses of what we want to do with Cornick too, lots of tidy one touch football in the final third to work openings. 

Encouraging.

I thought we were the better team from the moment Andy King came on. He made a huge difference, just gave us that control and composure.

I feel genuinely really pleased for the players - plenty of people getting on their backs but I think they've been playing pretty well even through the sticky patch.

Football is ultimately about results, I get that, but football fans are a nightmare for judging a performance on the scoreline rather than the actual performance.

• Like 9
  • Robin 1

Apart from the bizarre incident where Pring got caught on the ball and O'Leary missed both the ball and Brown, who decided to tumble anyway, we were excellent second half. Fully deserved our two goals and really should of had more from the positions we created. If anyone on here was still thinking we could get dragged into the relegation battle those thoughts have surely been dispelled now. Not an easy run in but we could finish in the top half of the table and possibly relegate QPR, if they're not down beforehand. 

• Like 2

In some ways I do think we merited it fully, in some ways I dunno Stoke were very good 1st half, thinking the combination of possession and chances. Otoh we did not IMO deserve to lose the game in December- we hit the post, we score that and go 2 up we surely win the game.

In that one we had to work harder than them for our goal vs theirs, ours were more hard earned. Either way regardless of the exact technical merits this was a really good win today.

Excellent display and result, especially with our injuries, Stoke’s form and losing two more to injury today.

If I was being critical, we should’ve won by more. How Wells missed the target, I don’t know, and Weimann missed a similar chance to the one Vyner scored from.

14 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

For those who had a better stream or viewing than me, Weimann goal definitely offside?

I watched on Robins TV. Half the pitch was in shade and the other half in the sunshine.  Television cameras have difficulty with this. The pass came from the shade into the sun so Weimann was completely invisible until he made contact with the ball. 

• Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Really Hard to judge as I couldn't see Weimann as the ball was kicked, it was close but did look off.

15 minutes ago, Bizyer said:

Great goals and great result. 

Only downside was that the City strip was very effective camoflage with the sunshine and green grass.  I kept shading my eyes to try and see our players?

I couldn't tell the teams apart most of the time, kept thinking we had played one of their players in .

@Fordy62 Belgium is great, but a very dangerous place to drink. First time we went I ended up proposing :facepalm:

Most expensive drink ever :laughcont:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

We couldn't get out of our own half for the first 15-20 minutes, but from then on we dominated and were unlucky to be behind, aside from the goals we had probably the next best 3 or 4 chances as well as generally being in control of the game after the first 20.

The squad is threadbare though. Wilson was the only option left with any experience on the bench. No need to rush Naismith back if he's not ready so will have to see what the two tc's injuries are like as it will be a very inexperienced bench on sunday you would think. 

City started with a patched up team and then lost Taylor-Clarke after approx 10 minutes and Conway at half time, yet still put in a great second half performance and deservedly won. Stoke’s form has been good in the last few weeks so well done Nigel, the coaching team and the players. (Not forgetting the fans who travelled to the match and gave fantastic support) 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I'd recommend visiting Het Waterhuis aan de Bierkant.

A cracking pub. @GrahamC fell off his barstool in there during an evening drinking ridiculously strong beer. I somehow survived but did sleep for about a week when we got home. 

“I was terribly, terribly drunk”…

• Haha 5
2 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

City started with a patched up team and then lost Taylor-Clarke after approx 10 minutes and Conway at half time, yet still put in a great second half performance and deservedly won. Stoke’s form has been good in the last few weeks so well done Nigel, the coaching team and the players. (Not forgetting the fans who travelled to the match and gave fantastic support) 

I don`t think Tommy C was injured was he? NP said pre-match he wouldn`t be playing as many minutes today so he can start again v Boro?