IGNORED

More aggro between players and officials...Liverpool v Arsenal

cityexile

28 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Robertson is a little whiny rat who is constantly screaming at officials or opponents. Not condoning it if true, but it’s about time someone bit back at him. Bellend. 

He is constantly whining about something. That linesman wasn’t taking any shit - I agree with you. 

Edited by TonyTonyTony
  • Like 1

Dont you think the behaviour of players has crossed a line now. 

There has always been gamesmanship but all the injuries that aren't injuries, little kicks of the ball away and by far the worse just plain dissent has gone into overdrive in the last couple of years. 

We all know the refs make big mistakes but its appalling how some players treat the officials (whoever you support)

• Like 10
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, petehinton said:

Robertson is a little whiny rat who is constantly screaming at officials or opponents. Not condoning it if true, but it’s about time someone bit back at him. Bellend. 

You just can't do it though He is unlikely to be doing any more top games in this country. Sadly we are talking about this and not a fantastic game. That second half is why the PL is the best league in the world.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Super said:

You just can't do it though He is unlikely to be doing any more top games in this country. Sadly we are talking about this and not a fantastic game. That second half is why the PL is the best league in the world.

Looked to me like someone shaking off someone who’d laid hands on them, not sure there was much in it beyond Robertson whinging and drawing attention to it. A few more yellows/reds for dissent and getting in officials faces and hopefully this (Robertson et al) behaviour would stop. 

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

3 hours ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

Looked to me like someone shaking off someone who’d laid hands on them, not sure there was much in it beyond Robertson whinging and drawing attention to it. A few more yellows/reds for dissent and getting in officials faces and hopefully this (Robertson et al) behaviour would stop. 

Exactly what it was. His reaction was a natural reaction to someone laying their hands on someone. 

Robertson had no rights to lay his hands on the lino and it just proves the Mitro ban needs to be longer to send out a strong message.

10 hours ago, The Swan and Cemetery said:

Did he actually lay hands on him? If he did then could be in trouble although Fernandes got away with it.

Edited by Super

19 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

If they had a rule that says touch the ref or linesman

it is an automatic 10 match ban minimum

Then it would stop players touching them in a shot

So the same the other way round?

Edited by Super

The Lino’s actions come at the ideal time for his defence. They’re getting grabbed and pushed and shoved pretty frequently. I think he was quite within his rights to do what he did. 

Only a Liverpool fan would disagree. Clearly just shrugging him off. Let’s not all pretend Robertson was there For a friendly chat. 

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes. 

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Super said:

So the same the other way round?

If players didn't aggressively get in the face of officials it wouldn't even be a conversation. I don't think the Lino did anything more than shake Robertson off, and Robertson doing the modern thing of whining .
Yes if Officials were aggressive toward players the same rules should apply, but to me it looks like ....
Players grabs Official , Official shakes player off, Player whines as he knows he could be facing ban. 

• Like 1

Let’s take it out of context, let’s pretend the incident doesn’t take place on the football field. It happens between two men in Bristol City centre. 

One angrily approaches the other, clearly invading his personal space - he may or may not grab his arm. But he’s mouthing off in an aggressive manner. In order to defend himself, the man raises his arm in self defence, catching the angry man on the chin. 

The law says if justifiable preemptive strikes are allowed. 

There’s no way on earth the AR is getting convicted or even charged. I’m struggling to see why there’s any debate here at all. 

Robertson got his yellow card from dissent. That’s the end of it in my book. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, petehinton said:

I mean, I agree with all that, but it feels I am watching something different to everyone else.  It does look like the lino properly elbows him, rather than just ‘shrugging him off’. Only he knows what was in his mind…but you just cannot do that, surely?

7 minutes ago, cityexile said:

I mean, I agree with all that, but it feels I am watching something different to everyone else.  It does look like the lino properly elbows him, rather than just ‘shrugging him off’. Only he knows what was in his mind…but you just cannot do that, surely?

Seems like Robertson grabs his arm and lino (rightfully) goes to push him away and hits him. No arm grab, no ‘elbow’

34 minutes ago, cityexile said:

No one elbows in an upwards motion like that! It’s much more of a ‘get off of me’ motion. 

Edited by Fordy62
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

IMHO I'd say Ramsdale is the slightly better keeper, Pickford maybe slightly better with the ball at his feet, but there's not much in it. The deciding factor is Pickford has the shirt and is Southgate's current fav. 

My only criticism of Pickford is that he's a bit hyper in his behaviour whereas Ramsdale is calmer. The latter surely helps the defence more.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, W-S-M Seagull said:

Exactly what it was. His reaction was a natural reaction to someone laying their hands on someone. 

Robertson had no rights to lay his hands on the lino and it just proves the Mitro ban needs to be longer to send out a strong message.

The head of referees needs to send a written advice to all managers spelling out how referees are to be treated, who if any can approach them and the penalties for behavior received from Mitrovic and Robertson. At the same time tell all referees that loutish behaviour from players must not be tolerated. This includes gathering round referees, touching/grabbing referees and verbal abuse. Tough penalties like a yellow for touching, yellows for being in a referees face and a red for more serious stuff as per Mitrovic. Whilst we are at it, more yellows for feigning injuries and play acting. If players consistently abuse these rules  their respective clubs need a warning that fines and/or points deductions will follow. Lets make football better to watch.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cityexile said:

Spot on.

2 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

Stood down while investigation is conducted: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65232115

If the linesman loses his job over this Robertson should hang his babby ass head in shame ,

players really need to start respecting officials more , this season it seems to be worse than ever . Also feigning injury etc we got all the technology there start using it , ( not that the people using it are much koi but that’s another matter )