IGNORED

Dasilva

Banjo Red

Yeah if the deal makes sense for all parties. 

Dasilva is a good player at this level, I think everyone recognised that.  What he probably isn't deserving of is to be one of our highest earners, so unless we can agree to change that he'll probably go

Imagine his wages will drop anyway if he moves but he'll possibly get a bigger signing fee at a similar level club

• Like 4
  • Flames 1

27 minutes ago, Banjo Red said:

The way he is playing does he deserve a second chance on reduced terms.

What on earth makes anyone think that he’d accept reduced terms?

I saw someone say this in the Post, if he can get a better offer elsewhere then he’s off.

I think the last 2 games will have done his chances of getting a better offer from another club the power of good.

• Like 1

An expensive 2nd choice full back, even on reduced terms. He is a good player at this level and should be a first choice for a team at our level.

Unfortunately for him Pring is a better fit for us and we will want another up and coming player to be his backup when who will likely be on half his current wage.

Edited by Dynamite Red
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Corsham Alf said:

He played very well at Stoke (arguably his best performance this season) but he’s a low end Championship full back. He’s one of our highest wage earners so I expect us to move him on. Cam P is far more dynamic in that role. JD is very susceptible due to his lack of height. 

I hate saying the obvious, but there was a moment where they have a man over standing and waiting to head back as JD simply couldn’t get there. 

However identification of failings is easy, it’s about the positives being brought as well. 

11 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Been reliably informed he hasn't even been offered a new deal. 

However, I think he's actually been very good for us since January. Really good in fact. 

Playing with a bit of freedom, dare I say.

Was so excited when we signed him for a relative bargain from Chelsea, after his form at Charlton, but after that injury he never quite recovered.

But you'll always get 100% from Jay.

Nige actually loves him, he's just not the "type" that Nige wants in that position.

I'll look out for Jay in his career after City, he's a top guy.

Still think he'd make a good midfielder.

• Like 1

Not for me, whilst he has some good moments when he uses is skill on the floor, he is just too small for a defender and whilst I agree he has been good in the last 2 games, I think Luton? (if not another recent game) has been quickly forgotten where he was beaten in the air easily to set up both the goals, teams target his lack of height. I would rather a young up and coming player play backup to Pring who is far superior in that position

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

Not for me, whilst he has some good moments when he uses is skill on the floor, he is just too small for a defender and whilst I agree he has been good in the last 2 games, I think Luton? (if not another recent game) has been quickly forgotten where he was beaten in the air easily to set up both the goals, teams target his lack of height. I would rather a young up and coming player play backup to Pring who is far superior in that position

Have to agree, clearly has a nice touch, but gets beaten in the air, has no goal threat and costs too much. Another poor purchase who needs to be off the wage bill!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

He’s also suffered at the hands of how excellent Pring has been - ridiculous lob passes in own box aside. 

I think the die was cast before Cam's excellent season. Jay just doesn't offer that physicality that Nige considers is vital in a successful C'ship side. 

I don't think Cam or Jay will be short of offers this summer. We'll be batting off the ones for Cam though, unless it's silly money.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Another poor purchase who needs to be off the wage bill!

F******g really??!!

Out of the Chelsea trio he has been easily the best.

I would have a word with yourself if I were you.

Edited by Superjack
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, ciderwithtommy said:

Totally agree on the point that jays limitations are non negotiable “must haves” for Pearson, he will no doubt move on. I am pleased to see we have a plan we are building against, sadly that does mean some good players may not fit. He leaves with my best wishes (if he wants them haha)

Balanced post.

I love Jay, and I thought he was awesome tonight. 

People saying that he was a bad signing need to have their computers or phones confiscated. 

Edited by Superjack
  • Like 4

I just worry he’ll be one of these that earns a new contract then come next season the levels drop, he picks up more injuries and we’re left wishing we went elsewhere. He’s a decent player but I think we can do better overall if we look at another option. Let Nige get in more of his players. 

1 hour ago, Percy Pig said:

No, he's playing well but he doesn't compliment our style adequately enough.

We need a player similar to Pring as the understudy- attacking, direct and powerful. Jay is a good player, especially defensively, but we are a less threatening team generally when he plays at LB instead of Pring.

I know that is harsh, and he's had two very good games this week, but I think there are better "fits" available at a much smaller price.

I agree with this. He is a Swansea type, not a direct aggressive type that we need.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Superjack said:

F******g really??!!

Out of the Chelsea trio he has been easily the best.

I would have a word with yourself if I were you.

And by far the cheapest.

Whatever happens he’s played well over 100 league games for us & done a decent job.

When we’ve struggled to have 11 experienced players to pick from he’s been one who has stood up & been counted.

• Like 6
  • Flames 2
  • Robin 1

Levels have improved since Xmas. Last few games he’s been fab. Technically brilliant and gifted,  I have no idea of his wages but probably in the top 3 or 4 at City.

The question I ask myself is Jay one of our top 3 or 4 players week in week out?  Sometimes he is but not been consistent enough for me.

We are in a different financial situation now and although JD is not a luxury player, Pring plus another could be a better option imo