IGNORED

Ross McCrorie signed - Confirmed

AshtonRobin21

27 minutes ago, Malago said:

Surely a fit Rob Atkinson is and will be our first choice LCB .

Not sure when he will be completely fit but it will be an interesting decision for Nige. 
Could be Dickie & Naismith , with Vyner & Atkinson missing out. We may sign another CB. I doubt even Pearson knows for sure yet.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

@Percy Pig

O’Leary

McCrorie Dickie Vyner Pring

Naismith

Sykes     Scott

Mehmeti

Conway Cornick

Really like the look of this 11 - would only suggest Wells for Cornick though 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Loosey Boy said:

Really like the look of this 11 - would only suggest Wells for Cornick though 

Thought McCrorie is a centre back or defensive midfielder. In any case Tanner holds the r/b position and if he starts the season as he finished last season, in my book he keeps the r/b position.

6 hours ago, bcfctim said:

Surprised to see Naismith out of so many suggested XIs. Has the best passing range in the squad by far, we looked a much better more fluid side with him in it last season

Also if we're playing the shape @Davefevssuggests I'd love to see Kane Wilson come good. As solid as Tanner's been, if we were playing that system long term we'd want a FB who offers more going forward imo, like Pring does on the left

Our results and performances with and without Naismith are like chalk and cheese.  Would imagine he will be one of first names on the teamsheet

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jimbo123 said:

That wasn't what Gregor reported.

He reported that the deal was up to around 3m, which was a complete lie that was pushed out by the club in attempt to lower expectation.

The deal, as originally reported by GFFN, was up to around 8m.

Gregor didn't know shit. I was as in the know as he was, and I live in Essex ?

• Confused 1

Set to join up with the Scotland team tomorrow.

Medical and media duties should be completed tonight as @Davefevs mentioned.

@Bcfcshags already stated that Tuesday (tomorrow) was the scheduled day for the announcement anyway.

The international caps included as ‘add-ons’ could end up coming into play earlier than expected if he can secure himself a regular place in the Scotland squad.

33 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Medical now happening tonight it seems.

Bit dark for the roof, H&S issues ???

on an aside TC up training with the full squad. 

Health and safety gone mad, as someone said earlier amusingly.

So what's the story Ross McCrorie? (Sorry, I'm going to keep banging that drum until the inevitable moment when it's being sung on the terraces, at which point I'm going to regurgitate my post from early in this thread and tag f*cking Robbored and everything)

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
  • Flames 1

2 minutes ago, Porto Red said:

Health and safety gone mad, as someone said earlier amusingly.

So what's the story Ross McCrorie? (Sorry, I'm going to keep banging that drum until the inevitable moment when it's being sung on the terraces, at which point I'm going to regurgitate my post from early in this thread and tag f*cking Robbored and everything)

Oasis or CBeebies version?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

@Bcfcshags already stated that Tuesday (tomorrow) was the scheduled day for the announcement anyway.

The international caps included as ‘add-ons’ could end up coming into play earlier than expected if he can secure himself a regular place in the Scotland squad.

I’ve got no idea how that bit works.

With Dickie he transfers his registration on 14th June…I assume he’s now our player though.

Assume same will happen with McCrorie….but does that mean he earns his first cap as as Aberdeen player or ours?  I’m sure some agreement will be reached if needed.

30 minutes ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Presumably filmed and recorded this evening along with Dickie, before being released tomorrow.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve got no idea how that bit works.

With Dickie he transfers his registration on 14th June…I assume he’s now our player though.

Assume same will happen with McCrorie….but does that mean he earns his first cap as as Aberdeen player or ours?  I’m sure some agreement will be reached if needed.

An interesting one.  Alan Ball is widely quoted as being an Everton player when winning his World Cup medal, despite not completing his transfer from Blackpool until after the final.

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Malago said:

An interesting one.  Alan Ball is widely quoted as being an Everton player when winning his World Cup medal, despite not completing his transfer from Blackpool until after the final.

I have always considered Alan Ball to have been a Blackpool player (during the World Cup).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OliOTIB said:

This is an official @Bcfcshagsappreciation post.

Brother, we salute you. 

7 hours ago, AshtonRobin21 said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned anywhere but Tommy Conway is currently with the Scotland squad until Friday, then back with their u21s 11th. He’s got an extended break and will meet city out in Austria on the 2nd July. 

18 hours ago, formerly known as ivan said:

You are missing Vyner who I’m sure will be a starter off the back of the season he has had.

I'm missing him with good reason, much improved but still makes mistakes both in positioning and his passing choices. If he's a starter over Dickie, Atkinson or McCrorie (if Pearson plays him at the back) then we've wasted money on these transfers. People say they want to push on for promotion but then value players with holes in their game just because they're a nice guy who tries hard. Football isn't about trying, it's about results and you don't get those when you play players with mistakes in them. 

• Like 6
  • Hmmm 1

16 minutes ago, Spike said:

I'm missing him with good reason, much improved but still makes mistakes both in positioning and his passing choices. If he's a starter over Dickie, Atkinson or McCrorie (if Pearson plays him at the back) then we've wasted money on these transfers. People say they want to push on for promotion but then value players with holes in their game just because they're a nice guy who tries hard. Football isn't about trying, it's about results and you don't get those when you play players with mistakes in them. 

Are there any human footballers who never make a mistake during a match?

Even the great John Atyeo admitted to supporters of an occasional off day!

Perhaps with better players around him, Zak will make fewer.

• Like 4