IGNORED

Massengo Contract

Big game for Han and Auxerre next week.
Between Auxerre and Nantes for the final relegation place, Auxerre have a two point advantage, although their goal difference is much worse, so effectively one point.
Both at home on the final day, Nantes to the bottom side and Auxerre to the side in 2nd place!

Interesting. 

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

Between Auxerre and Nantes for the final relegation place, Auxerre have a two point advantage, although their goal difference is much worse, so effectively one point.
Both at home on the final day, Nantes to the bottom side and Auxerre to the side in 2nd place!

Interesting. 

Yep, Nantes play Angers…who actually won yesterday.  Auxerre really could’ve done with winning yesterday.  A nervy final day.

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, italian dave said:

Interesting. 

Yes, my French team is Toulouse so a bit divided yesterday but I think Auxerre have missed their chance. Lens are comfortably the 2nd best team in France and Angers comfortably the worst in L1 so it’s favouring Nantes.

But they did ok against PSG last week and Lens may have their flip flops on.

I don’t think Han will be there next season, just a hunch not ITK, but he’ll certainly be doing his all to keep them up. 

• Like 2

On 26/05/2023 at 17:04, Philly The Kid said:

I was in the army at 17 and posted to Germany. Like lots of guys my age I struggled at first but had an epiphany when I tried to chat up a girl I fancied in the cookhouse and she told me via someone who could interpret that if I learned German she would date me. I quickly realised loneliness and not being able to communicate went hand in hand. So I learned German and everything changed. I was no longer stuck with the insular band of guys I worked with. Things opened up and I ended up living there for  a while after I left the army. This was in the '80s.
Alex Scott had an advantage in as much as he didn't have a language issue. HNM learned to speak reasonable English and from what I understand was popular with his team mates. Someone I know who met him formed the impression that 'team Massengo' always had a plan long term, and that we weren't part of it unless we got promoted. He came for the experience. If we went up then fine, a win win for everyone. If at the end of the contract we weren't competitive he'd move on.
The internet and technology make the world a much smaller place these days and staying in touch is far easier than it used to be.
I personally think he's been getting the wrong advice from his father. His head was probably turned about something which hasn't happened. Shame because in full flow he was a good player.

Who cares what you think about Alex or HNM. Did she go out with you or what?

• Haha 5

14 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

Who cares what you think about Alex or HNM. Did she go out with you or what?

She did and improved my oral technique no end.
I soon became reasonably fluent in German. 
That liaison ended when I met a girl from Venlo and decided Dutch was the new German. 
Godverdommejij!!!

1 hour ago, Philly The Kid said:

She did and improved my oral technique no end.
I soon became reasonably fluent in German. 
That liaison ended when I met a girl from Venlo and decided Dutch was the new German. 
Godverdommejij!!!

Bi-lingual or cunni-lingual?

• Flames 1

I am assuming it is two hopes- Bob and No (have I got that right) however in the hugely unlikely event that Massengo actually signed the contract that is on offer for compensation purposes what then.

Would we look to flip him, give him a go...see how it goes commitment wise.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

43 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

This would be bloody so much better for us financially.

It would be a good deal all round.

HNM gets to play in the EPL on a big salary giving him a chance to get into the French senior squad and we get a million or more.

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Bi-lingual or cunni-lingual?

For any Mary Poppins fans out there..
As the song goes;;;

"supercalifragilisticexpertcunnilingus
Gonna have to use my tongue I've broken all my fingers
Even though the taste of it, it often kinda lingers
supercalifragilisticexpertcunnilingus..... umdiddleliddle umdiddle I" 
(Tongue shapes as appropriate...)

• Haha 3
  • Flames 1

26 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Interesting. It's going to depend on HNM's motivation for wanting to return to France. But if Vinnie convince him to sign a contract in the PL, we'll owe him a drink or two.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, OldlandReddies said:

Very honest player but definitely not prem class. Struggled to look good in our side. Terrible in front of goal as well which doesn't help. We don't miss him at all. 

I tend to disagree.

He was the best technical player we had, Dasilva not far behind imo.

He's still only 21 and whilst it seemed he hadn't really progressed with us, I think that may be more to do with the style of the Championship than anything else. He's got time to get over his time here.

Going back to France was probably the best thing for him, certainly in the short term as it gave him visibility and maybe a bit of gravitas playing in the French Premier League as he's now playing for the France U21s - that wouldn't have happened with us.

Coming back into the EPL wouldn't surprise me at all.

(wish I had that amount of hair) :)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, OldlandReddies said:

Very honest player but definitely not prem class. Struggled to look good in our side. Terrible in front of goal as well which doesn't help. We don't miss him at all. 

Played in the right system I think he will do well. Technically gifted, just tried to hard to score a goal and don't forget he's only 21 so dont write him off his best years are probably still to come.

Edited by E.G.Red
  • Like 6

14 minutes ago, KegCity said:

I wonder why Burnley are looking at him then?

To be fair, there's no guarantee Company was there watching Massengo. There are 2 twitter links, one has 6 likes, the other 360 odd and 1 newspaper link (Bristol World so hardly reputable)

Could be journalists putting 2 and 2 and getting 5. Kompany could well have been looking at a PSG player for a potential loan next year (maybe someone like Renato Sanchez)

14 hours ago, KegCity said:

I wonder why Burnley are looking at him then?

Amazing isn't it? All those scouts, coaches and Managers taking their time to evaluate a player, when all they had to do is ask the opinion of some bloke on the terraces. Still qualifies for an U21 team and yet written off by some on here, there's a long list of those isn't there? You would think some people would learn wouldn't you?

• Like 4

19 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

I tend to disagree.

He was the best technical player we had, Dasilva not far behind imo.

He's still only 21 and whilst it seemed he hadn't really progressed with us, I think that may be more to do with the style of the Championship than anything else. He's got time to get over his time here.

Going back to France was probably the best thing for him, certainly in the short term as it gave him visibility and maybe a bit of gravitas playing in the French Premier League as he's now playing for the France U21s - that wouldn't have happened with us.

Coming back into the EPL wouldn't surprise me at all.

(wish I had that amount of hair) :)

Best technical player is Scott. Easily

• Like 4