IGNORED

Champions league final

I don't especially like Man City but credit where it's due.

Inter had some excellent chances ironically after going behind. Wasn't the grand mismatch the great and the good were proclaiming which was good. Was hoping Inter as money winning no matter how well coached, no matter how well run is just a bit.. meh.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

52 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

This is similar circumstances to the Euro final. England had the better team but Italy had the mentality to beat them. If Inter can get a goal it will become really tough for Man City.

Italy were a generally dominant side in the tournament and the run up to it but you believe that. Subsequently England have been better without doubt.

Just now, miketh2nd said:

Felt like a world cup game , Inter were up for it but in the end class beats endeavor and passion. Fair play to Man city winning the treble too .

Inter have some quite accomplished individuals in some positions (I like Onana, Bastoni, Brozovic, Barella and Martinez) but yes they lost to the best in the world so I tend to agree.

2 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

Tainted treble. Which in a way is a good thing as it was inevitable they'd do it at some point.

Silver lining is all those Man U fans who've banged on about 99 for the last 20 odd years will be quiet and there are no City fans about to listen to.

Why is it tainted? Because they spent money? Blackburn did the same to win the prem, is that classed as tainted? No team could of broke the stranglehold of the “Big 4” without spending millions upon millions. No issue with them doing that. They have made the top division better.

• Like 10
  • Hmmm 1

2 minutes ago, Mr Hankey said:

Why is it tainted? Because they spent money? Blackburn did the same to win the prem, is that classed as tainted? No team could of broke the stranglehold of the “Big 4” without spending millions upon millions. No issue with them doing that. They have made the top division better.

Sort of agree but how they got there hmm I question the legitimacy of some of the commercial transactions and revenue first 5-7 years.

Without certain potentially suspect commercially transactions could they have had the platform to push on.

Just now, Percy Pig said:

Because they've been charged with over 100 breaches of financial rules. 

That's not spending to win, that's cheating. 

They've made the top division significantly worse. Without Liverpool for 4 years and Arsenal this it would be a farmers league like Ligue 1

But have they not pushed Liverpool & Arsenal to be better? That would be the reason it’s not a farmers league!

If the same rules applied years ago, do you not think Man Utd would of got done for financial rules? The money they spent on Roy Keane was pretty obscene! They have made English football stronger, it’s a fact.

3 minutes ago, Percy Pig said:

Them, PSG, Newcastle and a few others are absolutely terrible for football. I hope they all crash and burn into oblivion. 

The ones I don't get are PSG.

Check their accounts last few years yet a fine and Business Plan only. A second offence too.

I have sympathy with this point but Newcastle to date seem to be complying with FFP- some of the ownership of top clubs across top divisions leaves a fair bit to be desired.

11 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Well done Man City but It’s definitely not the fairytale that BT Sport will have you believe.

The real fairytale is Sheikh Mansour's luck! In only the second Man City game he has ever attended since buying them all those years ago - they won the Champions League! Incredible luck, just incredible.

• Haha 2