IGNORED

Kalas - Signed for Schalke04

Kalas has had months to sign. Whilst I accept that players have the right to see what else is available, I think it says a lot that we are nearly at the end of August and he still hasn’t signed.

Personally, I think that this ship has sailed and we should be looking elsewhere……not a signing I would make now..

33 minutes ago, BCFC Rich said:

Yes, but you are forgetting that we lost yesterday - therefore he is actually terrible and has no chance of ever making at this level. 

Did I say he has been bad? He’s been ok nothing spectacular. 

out of the 2 if both 100% fit Kalas is by far the better player. therefore I’m quite happy if he re-signs 

all about opinions 

24 minutes ago, scrumpy88 said:

out of the 2 if both 100% fit Kalas is by far the better player. therefore I’m quite happy if he re-signs 

all about opinions 

This is why I just sat in the fence.  I can’t decide whether his quality vs injury risk is worth it.  It was 50:50 in the summer, it’s not anymore, more 30 (signing):70(not signing)

I get the quality of Kalas, undoubted imho.  But if you want him back, you have to also go all-in on accepting he might get injured , end up being wasted wage.  If you’re happy to do that and then not moan if we get left short, then that’s cool.

If you’re going to go “I told you he might get injured” then you can’t say “I’m quite happy he re-signs”.

It sounds like you’re happy to risk circa £500k for a year of Kalas….yes?

1 hour ago, scrumpy88 said:

all about opinions 

I'd have a fit Kalas back 100%.

Him and Dickie would be a good quality CB pairing imo.

Vyner and Atkinson as the B team isn't too shabby either.

46 minutes ago, Gratz260689 said:

Surely there is players out there available for loan from the prem that can cover RB and CB and don’t have a injury record as bad as kalas

There may well be prem players out there, but they will cost a lot more than the amount that we have offered Kalas to sign a new contract.

13 hours ago, Mr Hankey said:

I honestly can’t recall a single game of his in a City shirt at right back.

Not for us but when he was promoted whilst on loan at Boro & Fulham I think he played most of his games in that position.

I seem to remember at the time of his signing he stipulated a preference for playing in the centre. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

Not for us but when he was promoted whilst on loan at Boro & Fulham I think he played most of his games in that position.

I seem to remember at the time of his signing he stipulated a preference for playing in the centre. 

He was at Boro 7 years ago and Fulham 5. On your pod you are always talking about square pegs and round holes now you want a Centre back that hasn't played Full back for at least 5 years to come in as RB cover. Strange.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

19/20, his first season after signing permanently, just 23 league appearances.

Bloody facts, getting in the way again.

I’m still on the fence with this one but if it is going to happen surely it will be this week.

Also worth pointing out regarding the fitness bit that he’s been working with a PT all summer & Timm Klose came straight in after signing in January’22 having not had a club for longer & did fine.

• Like 3