IGNORED

Kane Wilson to Derby - Confirmed

Find it very odd that they would let him go up for a medical and agree terms, only to then move the goalposts on transfer fee. Either on our side or their side. Pearson et al are very much set on doing things ‘the right way’, so I very much doubt we let Wilson go all the way up there before we were happy with everything. 

Stinks of Bolton wanting to change the fee, or maybe there was something in the medical that didn’t sit well with them so they’ve either pulled out, or that was the basis for change in fee?

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Find it very odd that they would let him go up for a medical and agree terms, only to then move the goalposts on transfer fee. Either on our side or their side. Pearson et al are very much set on doing things ‘the right way’, so I very much doubt we let Wilson go all the way up there before we were happy with everything. 

Stinks of Bolton wanting to change the fee, or maybe there was something in the medical that didn’t sit well with them so they’ve either pulled out, or that was the basis for change in fee?

Seems to be the fee, presumably the structure of it, rather than the amount.

Bolton reporter (Marc Iles) is pretty good, & he said it is definitely not medical related.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

51 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Fee agreed, player doesn't "fail" his medical but it highlights some potential concerns about his injury ("he'll always have to manage it" Pearson said) - so maybe Bolton wanted to hedge their bets and change what was a straight up fee to one paid in instalments based on how many games Wilson manages to play? 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 5
  • Flames 1

30 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Seems to be the fee, presumably the structure of it, rather than the amount.

Bolton reporter (Marc Iles) is pretty good, & he said it is definitely not medical related.

Did he? The story I read from him said Bolton had reconsidered their options after doing their due diligence. Whatever that means - medical, attitude, psychological- who knows?

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

If Bolton pulled out after 'doing due diligence' it would seem to indicate a problem with Wilson's fitness.

If the medical showed up problems it's unlikely he'd pass one at another club either.

NP said he'd have to manage his injury for the rest of his career, but added this is not an uncommon situation apparently.

Perhaps it will be a case of Wilson managing this injury for the rest of his contract with the player hopefully 'coming good' to the extent he is an asset to City while at the same time proving to other clubs he can stay fit.

He passed his medical, Bolton didn't want to pay the agreed fee

5 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Murmurs he is in discussions with Birmingham. The fact he’s been left out of pre season camp suggests he probably has talks somewhere lined up. 

Just signed Laird, who is basically the same player.

Appreciate it’s a squad game & you need more than one but I’d be surprised.

Whatever happens I think it is obvious all the players who didn’t travel to Austria or are in injury rehab can go if we find clubs for them.

7 minutes ago, WarksRobin said:

With their recent windfall from the Bellingham move, reckon we can ask for a tidy fee

We want £250,000 according to the papers. Nice 150% profit after one season! And he’s an option if he stays. Win win.

13 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

I’d be buzzing if I was a Derby fan - great signing for them 

The other way to look at it is he didn’t start a single league game in the whole of last season, was out injured for a lot of it & struggled so much in the 21s in the latter part of the season that we stopped picking him.

I wish him well but we were absolutely right to move him on.

• Like 14

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

The other way to look at it is he didn’t start a single league game in the whole of last season, was out injured for a lot of it & struggled so much in the 21s in the latter part of the season that we stopped picking him.

I wish him well but we were absolutely right to move him on.

Yep, no problem with moving him on. Potentially could do good things in L1.
I’ll be watching out for him

Given his undoubted talent I genuinely believe that Nige & the team must have seen some sort of flaw. Whether that be physical, mental or character we will never know but somewhere along the line Nige has lost all faith in Kane ever making it at a top end Championship club.

Either that or he was just a cheap punt at the time that once seen close up we have then decided he will never possess the required defensive side to his game.

Shame really because we all thought he was one hell of a signing 12 months ago.

• Like 3
  • Hmmm 1
  • Flames 1

1 hour ago, Cardy said:

Given his undoubted talent I genuinely believe that Nige & the team must have seen some sort of flaw. Whether that be physical, mental or character we will never know but somewhere along the line Nige has lost all faith in Kane ever making it at a top end Championship club.

Either that or he was just a cheap punt at the time that once seen close up we have then decided he will never possess the required defensive side to his game.

He did not meet or had the desire to meet, our new standards. A good move for him, to a very notable club. He now has to deliver or his talent will be wasted. Great to see BCFC is no longer the cosy club. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nugget said:

Agree there were some post match interviews that seemed to indicate more than an injury 

I think it was more Nige questioned whither he could manage his injury that will always be with him. From what I picked up on, it seemed Nige didn't think he had the right mentality to do that to our standards. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Quoted as ‘ no fee but with a sell on ‘clause. A bit surprising but we must have really wanted to move the lad on . Apparently the deal is independent to the Knight deal( of course it is.?)

Very strange to accept only a sell on clause on a two year deal as he's unlikely to be sold after a year , then he can leave for free the next year

Edited by cidercity1987
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Cardy said:

After watching him with the u21s, I think I may have seen the same flaw; of not being that good at football