IGNORED

Digital Ticketing

westonred

2 minutes ago, Pearcy said:

Genuine question, what's Google wallet? Don't have it/never used it. I've got a smartphone but I'm not techy at all. I don't know how half of it works.

https://wallet.google/intl/en_uk/

Have a read - basically a digital wallet that holds payment cards, loyalty cards, concert tickets and now season tickets... you just enable NFC, and use your phone contactless to pay or access places like you would with a card

6 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

Yes it is.

That was my answers. Didn't say they were truthful answers.

I don’t understand what you mean by ‘yes it is’. 

Thanks though: just interested in whether the club are serious about going digital by default. Seems that they are, and just have to recognise that people will tell porkies to get round that I suppose.

The latter though is why the club will be right to pass on the additional costs involved as @!james suggests above. And @Riaz - there’s the reason why: I don’t see why I should pay for that. 

6 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Brilliant idea by the Club. Except that anyone with an Android phone is unlikely to have NFC, whatever that is. so cannot use it.

Back to them and us if it ever did cease! 

Almost all modern Android devices have NFC...? ("Android 10 and iOS 13 were released in 2019, and both can run on most smartphones going back to at least 2017. That means that nearly any phone made in the last six years should be able to offer full NFC support")

Which Android version or phone are you talking about?! 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Thanks though: just interested in whether the club are serious about going digital by default. Seems that they are, and just have to recognise that people will tell porkies to get round that I suppose.

The latter though is why the club will be right to pass on the additional costs involved as @!james suggests above. And @Riaz - there’s the reason why: I don’t see why I should pay for that. 

You said 'not what you told us on Page 1'.

I said yes it is what I said there.

I asked for a physical ST hence my answers to the questions.

You're right that the club are serious about going digital by default but more likely that they recognise some fans will want something physical in exchange for the hundreds of pounds they are spending. That's why they've offered this option free of charge.

4 minutes ago, ooRya said:

What is NFC?

NFC, which is short for near-field communication, is a technology that allows devices like phones and smartwatches to exchange small bits of data with other devices and read NFC-equipped cards over relatively short distances.

5 minutes ago, OneTeamInBristol said:

You said 'not what you told us on Page 1'.

I said yes it is what I said there.

I asked for a physical ST hence my answers to the questions.

You're right that the club are serious about going digital by default but more likely that they recognise some fans will want something physical in exchange for the hundreds of pounds they are spending. That's why they've offered this option free of charge.

Ah, OK, I understand now. 

If you must have a piece of card/plastic then that’s fine: I just think you should pay the extra cost that involves - not me.

I imagine the club are using this season to assess the situation. With the evidence that people are willing to tell porkies when they don’t really need a physical ticket then I’m sure that as @!james says a charge will come next year. 

It’ll be no different to the charges they’ve made in the past for providing a ticket as opposed to printing at home. 

• Robin 1

25 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Additional costs would be minimal.  I dont see why you would be paying for it.

They are probably saving money from going digital.

I currently have 4 season tickets. I'm happy for my adult ticket to be digital, but for the kids, i want a physical one and if that means its going to cost an extra £30, i'll have to consider, not getting the additional 3 season tickets in future.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, italian dave said:

If you must have a piece of card/plastic then that’s fine: I just think you should pay the extra cost that involves - not me.

I imagine the club are using this season to assess the situation. With the evidence that people are willing to tell porkies when they don’t really need a physical ticket then I’m sure that as @!james says a charge will come next year. 

It’ll be no different to the charges they’ve made in the past for providing a ticket as opposed to printing at home. 

Why does it bother you so much? Yes there will be some who get a card just for the sake of it, but there are plenty of our supporters who physically need a card, for all manner of reasons.

If 90% of our fans go for the digital option, the cost involved in sending out 1000 or so physical card will be negligible in the scheme of things.

• Flames 1

43 minutes ago, !james said:

https://wallet.google/intl/en_uk/

Have a read - basically a digital wallet that holds payment cards, loyalty cards, concert tickets and now season tickets... you just enable NFC, and use your phone contactless to pay or access places like you would with a card

Sorry NFC, what's that? I literally have no clue how any of this works.

21 minutes ago, !james said:

Almost all modern Android devices have NFC...? ("Android 10 and iOS 13 were released in 2019, and both can run on most smartphones going back to at least 2017. That means that nearly any phone made in the last six years should be able to offer full NFC support")

Which Android version or phone are you talking about?! 

@!james

It is a Nokia G10 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Not sure why it's bothering you that much what options other people choose.

By you choosing the digital option you're negating the need for them to charge fans for the physical option.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bobby girl said:

!James thank you , you information about how to turn updates etc on, on an IPhone, meant that this pensioner and her husband added their tickets with no hassle. That is what I love about this sight , the way that someone will always help you, if they can.

No problem, happy to help! 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Pearcy said:

Sorry NFC, what's that? I literally have no clue how any of this works.

See my post above... "NFC, which is short for near-field communication, is a technology that allows devices like phones and smartwatches to exchange small bits of data with other devices and read NFC-equipped cards over relatively short distances." if you use Google Wallet/Pay or Apple Pay they will prompt you to turn it on before use. If not it can be turned on/off via settings. Give me a shout if any issues 

7 minutes ago, !james said:

See my post above... "NFC, which is short for near-field communication, is a technology that allows devices like phones and smartwatches to exchange small bits of data with other devices and read NFC-equipped cards over relatively short distances." if you use Google Wallet/Pay or Apple Pay they will prompt you to turn it on before use. If not it can be turned on/off via settings. Give me a shout if any issues 

Thanks. I think I'll get a physical ticket :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ok, I was one of the unsure ones who was going to request a physical ticket but have decided to give the digital one a go.  What I have done though is move my wallet to the front page of my iPhone so it is easier to find and open.  Also thanks for the advice others have posted which has allowed me to make sure that I have set it up correctly.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Or alternatively you pay £500 for my 78 year old uncle to buy a smartphone? Not to mention the fact that he had one he wouldn’t have a clue how to operate it. Personally I couldn’t care less if the club bung a fiver a season on my card price so old ‘un’s or anyone who prefers a card for that matter can get a season card.

• Like 1