IGNORED

Scott money - What’s required?

AshtonRobin21

13 hours ago, liammiles said:

I think it was O'Donkor, 2 in 30 is not great but at 18 years old he has a lot of time to develop.

I thought he looked a handful. Rolled his marker a few times. Shades of Semenyo perhaps .
Given how our coaching team have developed Bell, Conway and Semenyo, a punt on lower league attacking talent is well worth it .
Can’t be scattergun about it or fill up the squad with too many numbers (lessons have been learnt and we have our own academy prospects like Yeboah) but worth a pop for the right talent. 

• Like 2

• Admin

I still can’t see us bringing in more than 1 player so for me it has to be a CM with some kind of creativity about him (and ideally a degree of ability to resist the opposition’s press), unless we are totally convinced Naismith can stay fit.

Without this kind of player we’re a little bit too predictable and I can’t see us improving much on last season, maybe 10th to 16th.

5 minutes ago, Ian M said:

I still can’t see us bringing in more than 1 player so for me it has to be a CM with some kind of creativity about him (and ideally a degree of ability to resist the opposition’s press), unless we are totally convinced Naismith can stay fit.

Without this kind of player we’re a little bit too predictable and I can’t see us improving much on last season, maybe 10th to 16th.

SL will give some money you feel, think we want a CM and striker. Surely we can get a keeper too for a decent wage. 

14 hours ago, liammiles said:

I think it was O'Donkor, 2 in 30 is not great but at 18 years old he has a lot of time to develop.

I suspect we've got that position covered with Palmer-Houlden, just a year older than O'Donkor, tall and a fairly prolific scorer.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shauntaylor85 said:

SL will give some money you feel, think we want a CM and striker. Surely we can get a keeper too for a decent wage. 

If he doesn’t, then I think he will come in for a helluva lot of stick from fans.

FWIW I think we will continue our strategy of players if the ilk of 3 of the 4 we signed in the summer (Dickie aside). But it’ll probably be a couple only.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

If he doesn’t, then I think he will come in for a helluva lot of stick from fans.

FWIW I think we will continue our strategy of players if the ilk of 3 of the 4 we signed in the summer (Dickie aside). But it’ll probably be a couple only.

A couple is fine and to be expected, but they need to be of a certain quality. 

• Like 1

We are short Keeper and possibly a CB.

If Dickie got injured I think we are light.

Same for Max. Could just loan a keeper if he thinks max is good enough (I not as convinced)

All other positions we have a fair bit of cover.

We have at least 3 if not 4 plus Conway who could play through the middle up front - we won’t get another Striker.

Midfield we have at least 5 who could play in the middle three.

Squad depth is the best we ever had. Maybe not the best 11 but the best squad for a very long time.

They have been planning for Scott leaving and ‘paying transfer fees’ 

Despite the rumours I think we are pretty much done maybe 1 or 2 at best.

Another midfielder would be good if they play in the 1st 11 rather than one for the future.

14 minutes ago, James54De said:

Fleming pre match conference. 

Not necessarily.  Was a very loaded question from Jones.  Think Phlegm not answered him courteously.

I’d imagine nobody would take a risk on him this window as he is still only played one u21 game, and he can’t move once the window closes, unless it’s to non-league.  By January (it earlier) he might be fine for first team inclusion, negating the need for a loan.

So many ifs and buts for Ayman.  Fingers crossed for him.

• Thanks 1

On 11/08/2023 at 22:24, LilRascal said:

I think we should leave the CM vacancy open for the returning Benerous. He’s quality. 

I imagine they will be very cautious and take it very slowly with his game time. 
I don't think he ready to be a regular yet, even before the injury I think he would have been in and out. 11 games and only completed 2 90's , add the 2 serious injuries I don't think we will see him start a game this year, though I accept I may be a little pessimistic . Plus as we set up I see him challenging for the wider roles.

We may need back up to Knight before Ayman Benarous is near ready.  

• Like 1

On 11/08/2023 at 11:06, Ian M said:

I'd agree with this, we struggled with a lack of creativity in the middle until Scott came into the starting line up and now with him gone we're missing it again. Knight may have that and we've not seen enough of him yet but we all know King isn't a creative type, James is more the guy who does the hard work without getting the credit and Williams is more of a deep sitting midfielder, he certainly isn't going to be beating players or carving defences open with intricate passes. We need a player who is a natural in the middle and can see those angled passes that strikers love to run onto and a player who can take on a man and create space as a lot of our midfield are getting the ball facing their own goal and can't turn and change defence into attack quick enough.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, James54De said:

Fleming pre match conference. 

I know where you got that from, cos I've watched that video too. But does Fleming actually say "Yes, when he's fitter, we'll definitely be sending Benarous out on loan"?

I'm not sure he does. He seems to talk in generalities and agrees that a loan might be an option but nothing has been decided yet. 

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 1

On 10/08/2023 at 14:05, BCFCGav said:

CB. Could we look at Tom Holmes out of Reading? 100 odd Championship appearances but still young, 2 years left on his deal might make them consider a sale at 'optimum price' like us with Scott. Solid injury record. 

He might want to return to the Championship and boost his wages so we could have him pushing from his end too to keep the price respectable. Any graphics @Davefevs?

Reading now prepared to accept offers. Possibly wages and price tag wouldnt be huge.

He is 23, however he is right footed not left apparently.

On 10/08/2023 at 14:05, BCFCGav said:

CB. Could we look at Tom Holmes out of Reading? 100 odd Championship appearances but still young, 2 years left on his deal might make them consider a sale at 'optimum price' like us with Scott. Solid injury record. 

He might want to return to the Championship and boost his wages so we could have him pushing from his end too to keep the price respectable. Any graphics @Davefevs?

@Mr Popodopolous ⬆️⬆️⬆️

• Thanks 1