IGNORED

Millwall : Tickets and matchday info

phantom

8 hours ago, HIGHRIDGE BCFC said:

Bad news chaps. No trains between London Bridge and South Bermondsey for 2 hours either side of the game to due strike action!

IMG_3078.jpeg

This has got to be a joke - 2 hours before and 2 hours after the game…..how convenient! 

Just over two weeks before the game too when pretty much everyone will have booked their trains! Me included ?‍♂️

Be interesting to see the Mets plans for this in the lead up to the game……hopefully, be some further comms on the coming days……

7 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

This has got to be a joke - 2 hours before and 2 hours after the game…..how convenient! 

Just over two weeks before the game too when pretty much everyone will have booked their trains! Me included ?‍♂️

Be interesting to see the Mets plans for this in the lead up to the game……hopefully, be some further comms on the coming days……

It's not a National Rail strike. You can still get to London, just might be difficult getting from London Bridge to the ground. 21 bus goes close or Tube to Canada Water.

• Admin
51 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Just checked and you can still book trains between London Bridge and S Bermondsey before and after the game - there’s no indication of industrial action

I've looked at various TFL sites and can't find anything. The only indication of any problem appeared on the Millwall MET liaison account 

It's worth pointing out it greatly impacts home support too, I guess we just sit back and wait for more information nearer the time 

• Like 1

One more thought. Allocation is what it is and I understand the reasons etc.

Sticking home and away fans in the same stand, a 2 tier one at that for not exactly the lowest category game first home game of the season for them.

Well it makes us sticking the Singing Section so far from the away fans look rather ridiculous. Granted Millwall don't usually sell the lower tier but it does make our restrictions look rather ridiculous.

11 hours ago, phantom said:

I've looked at various TFL sites and can't find anything. The only indication of any problem appeared on the Millwall MET liaison account 

It's worth pointing out it greatly impacts home support too, I guess we just sit back and wait for more information nearer the time 

I'm guessing The Met have been given the nod about it before it gets made public so they can form any necessary plans?

Edited by HIGHRIDGE BCFC

I'm trying to find out what is going on. I don't understand how a strike is exactly 2 hours before and after, we sure this isn't a trolll account? If London Bridge to South Bermondsey ever gets shut get train from London Bridge to New Cross Gate or for much more frequent get a tube to Canada Water then Overground down to Surrey Quays (where it kicked off with Everton) or New Cross Gate again walkable from both.  

With the Elizabeth Line I actually think the fastest way to the Den is now Paddington to Whitechapel change to Overground. No "cowards way" but best part or London ?

• Like 1

Southern Trains website is saying that there is an ASLEF ban on non contractual overtime from Monday 7th - Saturday 12th. This is not a strike merely drivers refusing to do overtime.

As long as Southern Trains employ enough drivers for the work required then there will be no issues.

If services are suspended 2 hours before and 2 hours after any local football matches then this will be a decision made by Southern Trains. 

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan

1 hour ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Southern Trains website is saying that there is an ASLEF ban on non contractual overtime from Monday 7th - Saturday 12th. This is not a strike merely drivers refusing to do overtime.

As long as Southern Trains employ enough drivers for the work required then there will be no issues.

If services are suspended 2 hours before and 2 hours after any local football matches then this will be a decision made by Southern Trains. 

I use Southern Rail most days and an OT ban means a much reduced service with some stations (e.g. mine!) having no service at all. I can therefore believe this - particularly as it's a weekend. 

I'm waiting on the revised timetable to find out how I can get to and from London first before worrying about getting to South Bermondsey!!

• Admin
13 hours ago, Olé said:

I'm trying to find out what is going on. I don't understand how a strike is exactly 2 hours before and after, we sure this isn't a trolll account? If London Bridge to South Bermondsey ever gets shut get train from London Bridge to New Cross Gate or for much more frequent get a tube to Canada Water then Overground down to Surrey Quays (where it kicked off with Everton) or New Cross Gate again walkable from both.  

With the Elizabeth Line I actually think the fastest way to the Den is now Paddington to Whitechapel change to Overground. No "cowards way" but best part or London ?

Genuine account 

12 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

I see these are now collection only. I live in London so this isn't an option. Has anyone had any luck before buying some tickets and then picking them up from a supporters coach or drop off point near to the ground if I phone the ticket office?

Hi. I have picked up tickets at away games a few times (even Millwall before) with no problem. Just need to hang around if the  coach is later than expected.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Seems some odd arrangements.

Collection only and a relatively lower allocation vis a vis the 2k or 10 pct of capacity rule. I hope we do the same to them.

I am guessing the collection only is due to them possibly not arriving by post to people's addresses in time?

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, RedM said:

I am guessing the collection only is due to them possibly not arriving by post to people's addresses in time?

Fair enough I guess. 

2 minutes ago, Loosey Boy said:

Posted the same earlier on the Millwall allocation thread - looks like we’ve had a few more allocated

I take it back a bit then! Just an initial allocation I take it.