IGNORED

City v Newport - City v Oxford

Red Army 75

• Admin
33 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

Is there actually any benefit to these pre-season games against a bunch of jokers every time. Perhaps for fitness but I would think we would be better off actually have some competitive games to bring players up to championship standard…not league 2 or non league 

However, we play this level of opposition in every pre-season, we don't usually win this well. Something feels different about this group.

PS - Cornick's first touch looks improved with the time spent here.

• Like 4

As soon as Leeson started earlier I was concerned about McCrorie and Tanner! Seems the former is playing no part today. Concerning. 

Just now, firstdivision said:

I’ve missed Naismith’s injury. Anyone? 

‘Minor calf strain’ according to the local paper, fingers crossed they’re right! We’ve heard that before and not seen a player for two months. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, BCFCGav said:

As soon as Leeson started earlier I was concerned about McCrorie and Tanner! Seems the former is playing no part today. Concerning. 

‘Minor calf strain’ according to the local paper, fingers crossed they’re right! We’ve heard that before and not seen a player for two months. 

Missing the arguably more important part of pre season as well.

2 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

Indeed. It was a calf strain last season as well. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Given I haven't seen any of the game, whether he has been tested may make this a moot point.

How has Wiles-Richards done or has he been a virtual spectator?

2 good punches from opposition set-pieces, one which was right off of the head of their player with a free header.

1 easy save from SPH on the angle.

Flawless distribution.

29 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

How did SPH get on?

Did all he could with no service.  Pressed our CBs and did okay considering.

At h-t I said I thought Bondswell gave Leeson a hard-time.  He’s on loan from Newcastle, probably explains it.

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Only bought the Newport game but I left the page open and I’ve got the Oxford livestream somehow. Was it two for one? Or should I not close the page at all costs ?

It was separate cost for each game which I thought is a bit cheeky tbh. Did you manage it?!

22 minutes ago, George Rs said:

Only bought the Newport game but I left the page open and I’ve got the Oxford livestream somehow. Was it two for one? Or should I not close the page at all costs ?

Had a feeling this could happen so decided not to buy the Oxford game until the Newport stream ended, but thankfully it rolled straight into the next game. Happy days.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, James54De said:

JKL, I like it. Araoye gets talked about a lot, but I hold Jamie in just as high regard. 

He's got 5 caps for Canada under 20's it'll be an interesting battle between him and Araoya.

I think we're in a really good position with the Academy. Yeboah just signed a 3 year deal. JKL and Araoya in contention for the first team. Francois putting in good performances for Australia,  Meerholz seems held in high regard. Morrison seems to have a fair bit of potential and this list isn't even including Benarous who is currently injured.