IGNORED

Season Tickets

cidered abroad

Just received an email telling me that because I have downloaded the ST onto my phone that I cannot have a plastic ticket.

My very cheap smartphone will not allow me to download the piece of equipment to carry the ST.

So how the hell do I get into the game?

Totally hacked off that after 73 years supporting, I might not be able to get in.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Robin 1

• Admin
1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

Just received an email telling me that because I have downloaded the ST onto my phone that I cannot have a plastic ticket.

My very cheap smartphone will not allow me to download the piece of equipment to carry the ST.

Totally hacked off that after 73 years supporting, I might not be able to get in.

What is it that you can't install? 

You said you downloaded your season ticket so your phone should be compatible 

I don't want to sound rude but take a deep breath, this can and will be resolved 

Do you have any apps on your phone? 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, phantom said:

What is it that you can't install? 

You said you downloaded your season ticket so your phone should be compatible 

I don't want to sound rude but take a deep breath, this can and will be resolved 

Do you have any apps on your phone? 

My cheap smartphone phone, a Nokia G10 will not allow me to get NFC so I cannot complete moving the season ticket moving to Google wallet. Thus, I assume, I won't be able to get entry at the turnstiles. I can't put it on my wife's iPhone because it is too old.

Because I've downloaded the info onto my phone, I cannot get a plastic ST.

I've used computers since 1978 but it now appears that we need to buy a new top of the range phone and/or computer every year and I refuse to be bullied like that. I've supported City since 1950 so it looks like I won't be going anymore.

PS. I've got the same bloody pantomime to come with my Bears ST to come.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cidered abroad said:

My cheap smartphone phone, a Nokia G10 will not allow me to get NFC so I cannot complete moving the season ticket moving to Google wallet. Thus, I assume, I won't be able to get entry at the turnstiles. I can't put it on my wife's iPhone because it is too old.

I've used computers since 1978 but it now appears that we need to buy a new top of the range phone and/or computer every year and I refuse to be bullied like that. I've supported City since 1950 so it looks like I won't be going anymore.

Email supporter services.

supporterservices@bristol-sport.co.uk

I have the exact same problem - got a plastic card but also got an email to say I can't use it as I downloaded the digital version on the advice of BCFC to test last Thursday. I knew it wouldn't work but went through the process just to prove it and now I have no means of entering the ground.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

You need to speak to supporters services

0117 963 0600

they will be able to help 

6 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

You need to speak to supporters services

0117 963 0600

they will be able to help 

Only if you've got time to wait 30 minutes on the phone..

But yes, they are helpful once you get through.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Email supporter services.

supporterservices@bristol-sport.co.uk

I have the exact same problem - got a plastic card but also got an email to say I can't use it as I downloaded the digital version on the advice of BCFC to test last Thursday. I knew it wouldn't work but went through the process just to prove it and now I have no means of entering the ground.

Exactly what I did when I got the email back in early July 

• Admin
16 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I can't appreciate how frustrating and upset this is for you, and just approved your additional post to Jerry 

Don't give up on this, a physical ticket can be sorted for you in the long term and the club will be able to issue you with individual tickets until then 

• Admin
3 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

I tried that but was number TWENTY FIVE in the queue.

1 minute ago, BasSavage88 said:

They are slow but I'm sure you'll get through by Saturday

I think it's fair to assume that they are inundated with queries relating to the new tickets 

20 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

can you see the ticket on your phone? In your emails? Can you open it there?

5 minutes ago, phantom said:

I can't appreciate how frustrating and upset this is for you, and just approved your additional post to Jerry 

Don't give up on this, a physical ticket can be sorted for you in the long term and the club will be able to issue you with individual tickets until then 

So if I go to ticket office on Saturday, I'll need to be there at 9am as the queue will stretch back several miles.

What also annoys me is that they have waited four weeks to tell me this instead of responding to my email on the day I received their email with ticket details on.

2 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Yes. But no square block , don't know what they're called.

Edited by cidered abroad

Just now, cidered abroad said:

So if I go to ticket office on Saturday, I'll need to be there at 9am as the queue will stretch back several miles.

What also annoys me is that they have waited four weeks to tell me this instead of responding to my email on the day I received their email with ticket details on.

Yes.

I don't know if it will work from there. What is NFC?

2 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Be careful, we have some right numpties on here who will tell you it’s your own fault for having a cheap phone ? 

• Like 4
  • Confused 2
  • Hmmm 1

9 minutes ago, TV Tom said:

Be careful, we have some right numpties on here who will tell you it’s your own fault for having a cheap phone ? 

Not everybody is aware of a phone connectivity before buying one. Also buying a cheap phone doesn't necessairly mean lacking of certain connectivity. There's phones with NFC for under 100£. Maybe OP might consider buying one.

Edited by StefanDimz

3 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

You first told us all on July 6 (main thread on the issue) that you had an old phone which would not let you use a digital ST.

So I’m puzzled why you then downloaded the ST onto a phone you knew did not have NFC, so would not work.

Or did you do it back on July 6, before you found out?

38 minutes ago, StefanDimz said:

Not everybody is aware of a phone connectivity before buying one. Also buying a cheap phone doesn't necessairly mean lacking of certain connectivity. There's phones with NFC for under 100£. Maybe OP might consider buying one.

My smartphone cost around £130, if I remember correctly. I don't call that cheap. It's the internet that says Nokia 10 is a cheap phone.

6 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

My smartphone cost around £130, if I remember correctly. I don't call that cheap. It's the internet that says Nokia 10 is a cheap phone.

Well compared to 1200+£ Galaxy S23 Ultra is indeed cheap, but as I mentioned there's phones under 100 quid with NFC chip. 

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

From what I was told the ticket only in your Google wallet, there is no barcode to show that can be scanned, the phone needs NFC that lets the phone talk to the ticket gate and let you in, seams this is the only way the ticket works,

I got lucky as when I put the Google wallet on my phone it told me my phone didn't have NFC so I was able to just get the real ticket card and not be stuck with a digital ticket I couldn't use, 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StefanDimz said:

Well compared to 1200+£ Galaxy S23 Ultra is indeed cheap, but as I mentioned there's phones under 100 quid with NFC chip. 

No one should have to spend £100 on a new phone just so they can get into the ground, 

The club should have told people to check if there phone had NFC before downloading the digital ticket

• Like 7

Better still why didn't the club give us the option of reloading our current season tickets rather than the need to print new ones?

Yet it seems we've gone backwards as they did reload season tickets the very second year after the new turnstiles were introduced and also allowed cup tickets to be loaded to your card maybe in 2015/16, but never again since

16 minutes ago, jimmer007 said:

Better still why didn't the club give us the option of reloading our current season tickets rather than the need to print new ones?

Yet it seems we've gone backwards as they did reload season tickets the very second year after the new turnstiles were introduced and also allowed cup tickets to be loaded to your card maybe in 2015/16, but never again since

Presumably they’ve changed or installed new sensors at the turnstiles to cope with digital tickets though so perhaps old season cards would not work. 

1 hour ago, bcfc01 said:

An over 65 has a season card posted mainly as a backup, because if I cannot make a match, he has a card. If I am able to attend, his season card is on my phone.

Surely both ways can still work?

I didn’t download his season card until his plastic version arrived…. Then I got the email today.

But my understanding is that their email does not suggest the card won’t work?!