IGNORED

Season Tickets

cidered abroad

5 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

An over 65 has a season card posted mainly as a backup, because if I cannot make a match, he has a card. If I am able to attend, his season card is on my phone.

Surely both ways can still work?

I didn’t download his season card until his plastic version arrived…. Then I got the email today.

But my understanding is that their email does not suggest the card won’t work?!

I wouldn’t have expected both the physical card and digital ticket to work - it’s going to be one or the other. Otherwise two people could get into the ground - one using the card, and one using the ticket. 

Mrs Redtucks had an email earlier today saying that as she has downloaded her digital season ticket she cannot have a physical card. The fact is that she has not downloaded her digital season card as her phone does not have NFC, and as a result she requested a physical card.

Me, my son and my daughter-in-law all have the same problem and have all requested physical cards which we all received on Saturday.

Mrs R rang supporter services to find that she was 14th in the queue. She made the top of the queue after 50 minutes, only to be told that she must have downloaded the digital card. After 15 minutes of insisting that she had NOT downloaded a digital version and that the other three of us had all been supplied with physical cards, they finally agreed to send her a physical card. She was also sent an e-ticket for Saturday's game by email and was told to ring again if she hadn't received a physical card by the Birmingham game.

What a way to spend a relaxing afternoon!!!

I can fully understand the frustrations of those in the same position.

?????

Edited by Redtucks
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, eardun said:

I wouldn’t have expected both the physical card and digital ticket to work - it’s going to be one or the other. Otherwise two people could get into the ground - one using the card, and one using the ticket. 

A point on this, the old turnstiles pre redevelopment didn’t have blocks on to stop you using whatever turnstiles you wanted.

This is why there were always checks to the east end and the club never wanted to admit that was the reason why.

I think you might find that both tickets would let you into the ground, only one way to find out.

2 hours ago, StefanDimz said:

Not everybody is aware of a phone connectivity before buying one. Also buying a cheap phone doesn't necessairly mean lacking of certain connectivity. There's phones with NFC for under 100£. Maybe OP might consider buying one.

Mine and my wife's phones have done everything that we require to date. I don't see why we should now invest in new ones just to satisfy BCFC!

Edited by Redtucks

13 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

A point on this, the old turnstiles pre redevelopment didn’t have blocks on to stop you using whatever turnstiles you wanted.

This is why there were always checks to the east end and the club never wanted to admit that was the reason why.

I think you might find that both tickets would let you into the ground, only one way to find out.

See above though - people have received emails saying that because they have downloaded the digital card, the plastic card won’t work 

• Admin
24 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Yep, shitshow.

As expected.

Get there early folks.

That has to be an important message, don't rock up with minutes to spare if you know you have any issues 

Worst case scenario is stewards scan people through to keep queues moving but it has disaster written all over it at the moment 

• Like 1

Just now, phantom said:

That has to be an important message, don't rock up with minutes to spare if you know you have any issues 

Worst case scenario is stewards scan people through to keep queues moving but it has disaster written all over it at the moment 

It does.

But a proper test(s) with the right staff in attendance would have alleviated a hell of a lot of whats to come.

Its been an amateurish project.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

I tried that but was number TWENTY FIVE in the queue.

25 ? Luxury.

I was 43rd in the queue earlier today - **** that.

Later I was 23rd, I had a 30 minute drive home so I put it on hands free and put up with the "music". Arrived home at 16th in the queue.

Sod that.

2 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

Apologies if I've missed this but the ticket I have seemingly has no bar code or anything, just a red ticket with name on, is this the same for everyone else?

Look like this depending on whether you have Apple or Google Wallet (see right hand pic on each) 

IMG_2278.jpeg

IMG_2279.jpeg

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

Apologies if I've missed this but the ticket I have seemingly has no bar code or anything, just a red ticket with name on, is this the same for everyone else?

It's not a barcode. It's a digital ticket like paying with your debit card on your phone. 

You'll dab it on top of the machine instead of in-between scanning a ticket 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, brad blit said:

I had to phone up today (I started the call at 11.30) as they had sent through my season ticket by email but not my sons.

I was no27 in the queue when I first got on and it took me 1hr 17 to get through 

But yes very helpful WHEN I eventually go through ?

They've got an impossible job TBF. I can't even imagine some of the old codgers they've got phoning up trying to understand it ?

Most of us under 35 have tried to explain changing a hdmi to our parents. I had to try and explain this to my old man and it was hell 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Leveller said:

You first told us all on July 6 (main thread on the issue) that you had an old phone which would not let you use a digital ST.

So I’m puzzled why you then downloaded the ST onto a phone you knew did not have NFC, so would not work.

Or did you do it back on July 6, before you found out?

There's your answer.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, phantom said:

I can't appreciate how frustrating and upset this is for you, and just approved your additional post to Jerry 

Don't give up on this, a physical ticket can be sorted for you in the long term and the club will be able to issue you with individual tickets until then 

Can you please approve my question to Jerry ?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Redtucks said:

Mine and my wife's phones have done everything that we require to date. I don't see why we should now invest in new ones just to satisfy BCFC!

Absolutely agree - was just pointing out that there's a phones out there sub 100 quid with nfc chips. It's nice having all your clubcards, debit/credit cards, concert tickets, plane tickets etc in a single app as well - the purpose of having a nfc is not just about being able to use a bcfc digital season ticket. Appologies for the off-topic.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, eardun said:

Well presumably the system will know of that tickets been activated regardless of method, otherwise what’s stopping the device being passed backwards and scanned again?

Theres no reason on most access systems you can’t have more than one type of access key.

2 hours ago, Redtucks said:

Mrs Redtucks had an email earlier today saying that as she has downloaded her digital season ticket she cannot have a physical card. The fact is that she has not downloaded her digital season card as her phone does not have NFC, and as a result she requested a physical card.

Me, my son and my daughter-in-law all have the same problem and have all requested physical cards which we all received on Saturday.

Mrs R rang supporter services to find that she was 14th in the queue. She made the top of the queue after 50 minutes, only to be told that she must have downloaded the digital card. After 15 minutes of insisting that she had NOT downloaded a digital version and that the other three of us had all been supplied with physical cards, they finally agreed to send her a physical card. She was also sent an e-ticket for Saturday's game by email and was told to ring again if she hadn't received a physical card by the Birmingham game.

What a way to spend a relaxing afternoon!!!

I can fully understand the frustrations of those in the same position.

?????

Exactly my problem. What a complete shambles.

If I cannot get in to the match on Saturday, I want a complete refund of my ST's for City and Bears.

• Like 1

Just now, cidered abroad said:

Exactly my problem. What a complete shambles.

If I cannot get in to the match on Saturday, I want a complete refund of my ST's for City and Bears.

Worst case just turn up a bit earlier and speak to someone. I’m sure it can be resolved for you.

1 minute ago, KeithWelch'sTash said:

For some reason, the ticket does not stay in my wallet in my iPhone. I have to keep re downloading from the email. Anyone experience this? 

Also, as I attended the meet the players event, my ticket reads Birmingham ?

I think the club are emailing me digital tickets for Saturday ?

I did wonder how fans used a digital season ticket showing Preston for the meet the players event and now I know!

1 minute ago, MarcusX said:

Worst case just turn up a bit earlier and speak to someone. I’m sure it can be resolved for you.

I'm pretty sure it can't be resolved by the ticket office, although they may be able to offer a paper ticket for the PNE game.

And I suspect they will be four deep up to kick off and beyond.

There should have been proper testing way before the farce last Thursday with the appropriate people in attendance, not stewards.

Its a bit of a shit show tbh.