IGNORED

Season Tickets

cidered abroad

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

This is a right mess, this has been poorly implemented and badly communicated 

The club should be ashamed 

If you stress and worry unnecessarily then yes. Full details of how to forward a ticket have been emailed today.

2 hours ago, eardun said:

Be interesting to see whether the upgrade fee is just the difference in the matchday pricing for the ticket, and whether a member discount would apply.

I'd assume there's no way of recalling a ticket. So under some circumstances it would be sensible to delay forwarding the ticket.

This appears it will be like every other piece of tech:

All be about harvesting our data & recording our movements, where we shop, what we buy etc

+ City also now controls the sharing of season tickets.

It would be interesting to see what data is extracted from us through the new digital wallet system, Can the SC&T ask this at the next meeting?

15 minutes ago, Jeez said:

This appears it will be like every other piece of tech:

All be about harvesting our data & recording our movements, where we shop, what we buy etc

+ City also now controls the sharing of season tickets.

It would be interesting to see what data is extracted from us through the new digital wallet system, Can the SC&T ask this at the next meeting?

The T&Cs for season tickets have always been clear that they can be shared only with the club’s permission. So all they’re doing is making that an awful lot easier to do. (Yes, I know no-one got permission in the past, but in theory that put your ST at risk).

The privacy policy is here

https://shop.bristol-sport.co.uk/page/dataprotec

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

If you stress and worry unnecessarily then yes. Full details of how to forward a ticket have been emailed today.

......and you can only forward your ticket five times.

When you had a physical card you could lend it as many times as you wanted.

12 minutes ago, italian dave said:

The T&Cs for season tickets have always been clear that they can be shared only with the club’s permission. So all they’re doing is making that an awful lot easier to do. (Yes, I know no-one got permission in the past, but in theory that put your ST at risk).

The privacy policy is here

https://shop.bristol-sport.co.uk/page/dataprotec

Have you read it Dave?

You can avoid all of their data tracking by not using the online store website etc, but the digital season ticket is right there in your pocket all day, all year. Just think about than & re-read the policy you shared.

I’m no tin hat nutter, but you have to question what is the ROI on installing the new software system

5 minutes ago, Jeez said:

Have you read it Dave?

You can avoid all of their data tracking by not using the online store website etc, but the digital season ticket is right there in your pocket all day, all year. Just think about than & re-read the policy you shared.

I’m no tin hat nutter, but you have to question what is the ROI on installing the new software system

Nope! I’m like everyone else: I tick the box without reading it!

And my instinct is probably to worry less about what City will do with it than I do with the likes of Elon Musk or Google. 

But I wasn’t posting the link in order to defend it: it was just in response to your interest in what they collect.

If you really feel that strongly you have got the option to opt out etc as per the latter part of the notice. Good luck with that though ?

41 minutes ago, ray savino said:

Where is this stated @Redtucks?

Digital ticketing FAQ:

How many times can I forward a Digital Season Ticket?

Season Ticket holders can forward a ticket for up to five matches each season.

Edited by Redtucks
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Nope! I’m like everyone else: I tick the box without reading it!

And my instinct is probably to worry less about what City will do with it than I do with the likes of Elon Musk or Google. 

But I wasn’t posting the link in order to defend it: it was just in response to your interest in what they collect.

If you really feel that strongly you have got the option to opt out etc as per the latter part of the notice. Good luck with that though ?

Exactly - I’m same as you, seek the path of least resistance & TBF I doubt have any data worth collating.

But was more questioning why bother with the faff, it’s a pain in the butt & doesn’t enhance my experience and would have cost a reasonable amount money.

I hoped my local football club might remain a tech & data scraping free environment but I’m not so sure.

FYI - recommend getting to the gate early on Saturday as it won’t be smooth day one of mass use.

Was at the Allegiant stadium last night & they use also digital ticketing - anyone in groups or with kids took some time longer to get through as all on same phone - and they are experienced with the system.

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

That don’t work under certain circumstances. 

Is that in circumstances that are supposed to work though? The right to transfer isn’t automatic and to anyone. There are , deliberately, some circumstances where it won’t work, or where it will work only after paying an additional charge. 

23 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Is that in circumstances that are supposed to work though? The right to transfer isn’t automatic and to anyone. There are , deliberately, some circumstances where it won’t work, or where it will work only after paying an additional charge. 

Please see my notes to Jerry SLO and comments on this and other threads. 

4 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Please see my notes to Jerry SLO and comments on this and other threads. 

Ah, seen it! To be honest, there’s currently so many places and thread on this I’m losing track.

And see your problem. And I don’t recall seeing that limit before either.

Good luck: hope you get it resolved. Watching the news tonight, you’re in for enough problems in the US in the next 9 months without adding this to it! 

34 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Or, it’s badly tested/not fully tested.  Any adult in the family section can’t transfer a ticket.  The system won’t let me transfer a child ticket as I’m not the owner either. 

It’s not the end of the world, I’m sure it will be solved over the phone, but it introduces effort I wouldn’t need to make previously. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

Or, it’s badly tested/not fully tested.  Any adult in the family section can’t transfer a ticket.  The system won’t let me transfer a child ticket as I’m not the owner either. 

It’s not the end of the world, I’m sure it will be solved over the phone, but it introduces effort I wouldn’t need to make previously. 

I’m sure you’re right and it will get sorted. I guess the family section was always going to be less straightforward in terms of transfers. But, yes, that should have been thought of. 

And this is why, making everyone use the new technology, is totally nonsensical.

I’m all for this new technology. I’m using it for my own season ticket. 

However it’s obvious, for many older folk, plus a few others, the new technology, wouldn’t be workable. 

The club should have told us the intentions of bringing in digital season tickets prior to selling season tickets

And physical cards should be available now and in the future at no extra charge.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Riaz said:

And this is why, making everyone use the new technology, is totally nonsensical.

I’m all for this new technology. I’m using it for my own season ticket. 

However it’s obvious, for many older folk, plus a few others, the new technology, wouldn’t be workable. 

The club should have told us the intentions of bringing in digital season tickets prior to selling season tickets

And physical cards should be available now and in the future at no extra charge.

They did:

Season Ticket renewals from March 20th

14 Mar 2023 

Existing Season Ticket holders can go online to secure their seat for next season or any other seat which is currently available, with phone renewals starting from Monday, March 27th.  

City Members can secure a Season Ticket for 2023/24 from Wednesday, March 22nd, while General Sale begins from Tuesday, March 28th.

Adult tickets start from £375 in the Family Area while the popular South Stand is £385 for adults – working out at just £17 per game.

Under-12s will receive a Season Ticket, including a replica outfield shirt from new kit supplier O’Neills, for as little as £55 in a price freeze that also includes Under-19s.

City Chairman Jon Lansdown said: “Thank you for your support week-in, week-out. Our average crowds this season are up to 20,256, which is a 1,000-plus increase on last season, and we have more than 14,000 Season Ticket holders, again an increase on the previous year.

“That is a fantastic testament to your continued support, especially in what is a difficult time for many, when living costs are going up. We recognise that supporting your team is not a luxury, it’s a way of life that often lasts a lifetime.”

2023/24 Season Tickets will be digital so, prior to the start of the season, you will be able to add your Season Ticket to Apple/Google Wallet on your mobile phone. Supporters that do not have a smart phone will have the option of a physical season ticket for 2023/24. More information on how to do this will be issued in due course.  

5 hours ago, italian dave said:

Dave, up until the season before last (I haven't checked last season or the terms in force when the 23/24 season cards went in sale) the terms were that you could lend your season card to someone in the same or cheaper category as you - you certainly didn't need to ask permission for this. Lending to someone in a more expensive category was only allowed if you upgraded the ticket via the club - clearly this was potentially subject to significant abuse, and maybe a catalyst for the recent change.

• Admin
19 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Dave, up until the season before last (I haven't checked last season or the terms in force when the 23/24 season cards went in sale) the terms were that you could lend your season card to someone in the same or cheaper category as you - you certainly didn't need to ask permission for this. Lending to someone in a more expensive category was only allowed if you upgraded the ticket via the club - clearly this was potentially subject to significant abuse, and maybe a catalyst for the recent change.

This could be of use if you could provide a link to this please 

I must admit in the back of my mind I thought season tickets were non transferable 

Just now, phantom said:

I must admit in the back of my mind I thought season tickets were non transferable 

I'll search the pc in case I downloaded the section, otherwise I'll check the internet archive wayback machine tomorrow. Stay tuned.

50 minutes ago, phantom said:

They are/were technically non-transferable from memory...but I bet plenty did loan them to mates/colleagues/family members over a season.

A relevant regulation in this area.

Screenshot_20230803-000855_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2eb61223839aa105552a43835f228256.jpg

https://www.ashtongatestadium.co.uk/season-card-terms-conditions/

Although Written Consent of the Club..but absolutely the call of the Club.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous