IGNORED

Season Tickets

cidered abroad

2 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Had downloaded my ticket but phone was pinched on weekend ?

Saturday should be fun

6BB9F564-E2A7-4194-B057-0F72435E0745.png

Sorry to hear that. They really need a system where you can log into your bs website account and admin the digital ticket entitlement from there.

Just now, Sleepy1968 said:

Sorry to hear that. They really need a system where you can log into your bs website account and admin the digital ticket entitlement from there.

The FAQs said that would be the way to do it - need the further guidance promised though: 

What happens if I lose or change my phone during the season? 

Supporters will be able to re-download their Digital Season Ticket to a new phone through their ticketing account. Full details on how to do this will follow in the coming weeks ahead of our opening fixture vs Preston North End (Sat, Aug 5th).

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Maybe when they tell us how to forward your ticket to a friend you’ll be able to forward it to your new phone @Bryans Left Peg

6 minutes ago, eardun said:

The FAQs said that would be the way to do it - need the further guidance promised though: 

What happens if I lose or change my phone during the season? 

Supporters will be able to re-download their Digital Season Ticket to a new phone through their ticketing account. Full details on how to do this will follow in the coming weeks ahead of our opening fixture vs Preston North End (Sat, Aug 5th).

Perfect thank you, just found my ST (QR code) on my log-in.

For anyone else in the same boat:

https://myrewards.bristol-sport.co.uk/rewards/wallet

Presumably you can just screenshot and send this on.

Edited by Bryans Left Peg

2 hours ago, eardun said:

See above though - people have received emails saying that because they have downloaded the digital card, the plastic card won’t work 

The email doesn’t say that. It says that if you’ve downloaded the season card, then a physical card won’t be posted.

However, I did not download any season cards until the physical ones were delivered.

I would fully expect one or the other will work only once per match. So if I scan on my phone, the card won’t work and vice versa. Same as any other ticket used for entry.

Email:

Please note as a supporter that has requested a physical season card and successfully downloaded your Digital Season Ticket to your Apple or Google Wallet, you will not receive a physical card.

Requesting a physical card was strictly for supporters without a smartphone. By downloading your Digital Season Ticket successfully, you do not require a physical season card. 

For a guide on Digital Season Tickets please visit our FAQ’s here. 

Thank you for your support and we look forward to welcoming you to Ashton Gate soon. 

10 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

The email doesn’t say that. It says that if you’ve downloaded the season card, then a physical card won’t be posted.

However, I did not download any season cards until the physical ones were delivered.

I would fully expect one or the other will work only once per match. So if I scan on my phone, the card won’t work and vice versa. Same as any other ticket used for entry.

Email:

Please note as a supporter that has requested a physical season card and successfully downloaded your Digital Season Ticket to your Apple or Google Wallet, you will not receive a physical card.

Requesting a physical card was strictly for supporters without a smartphone. By downloading your Digital Season Ticket successfully, you do not require a physical season card. 

For a guide on Digital Season Tickets please visit our FAQ’s here. 

Thank you for your support and we look forward to welcoming you to Ashton Gate soon. 

I was referring to the post above (not yours) which said:

“got a plastic card but also got an email to say I can't use it as I downloaded the digital version”

Just now, eardun said:

I was referring to the post above (not yours) which said:

“got a plastic card but also got an email to say I can't use it as I downloaded the digital version”

Yea that’s incorrect info. The email was what I quoted. I think they misinterpreted the information.

If anything, the email is poorly composed as if they hadn’t yet sent any physical cards out. I've got no reason to believe entry cannot be gained one way or the other.

7 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Just received an email telling me that because I have downloaded the ST onto my phone that I cannot have a plastic ticket.

My very cheap smartphone will not allow me to download the piece of equipment to carry the ST.

So how the hell do I get into the game?

Totally hacked off that after 73 years supporting, I might not be able to get in.

IMG_4084.jpeg

16 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Perfect thank you, just found my ST (QR code) on my log-in.

For anyone else in the same boat:

https://myrewards.bristol-sport.co.uk/rewards/wallet

Presumably you can just screenshot and send this on.

I'm not sure what the QR code on the rewards page is actually for, but I'm fairly certain it won't work to scan you into the ground. All the information from the club about digital season tickets has stated that there will be no barcode/QR code, and that only NFC will work.

3 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

I'm not sure what the QR code on the rewards page is actually for, but I'm fairly certain it won't work to scan you into the ground. All the information from the club about digital season tickets has stated that there will be no barcode/QR code, and that only NFC will work.

Ah fair enough, I’ve emailed the club either way. It does say ‘show my card‘ though.

4A3D8DAE-B1D1-4606-A44E-DDDDC36EB1B2.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Yea that’s incorrect info. The email was what I quoted. I think they misinterpreted the information.

If anything, the email is poorly composed as if they hadn’t yet sent any physical cards out. I've got no reason to believe entry cannot be gained one way or the other.

Best if @bcfc01 comments on what the email to him said as it was his post that I was referring to: 

I have the exact same problem - got a plastic card but also got an email to say I can't use it as I downloaded the digital version on the advice of BCFC to test last Thursday. I knew it wouldn't work but went through the process just to prove it and now I have no means of entering the ground.

8 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

Ah fair enough, I’ve emailed the club either way. It does say ‘show my card‘ though.

4A3D8DAE-B1D1-4606-A44E-DDDDC36EB1B2.jpeg

Looks like some sort of reward card rather than season ticket. I’m expecting both forwarding of season tickets and downloads to be from the Bristol sport ticketing page where we can see our personal details, season tickets, tickets etc. You can see the various options. Need the promised guidance though! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Pickle Rick said:

The email is open to interpretation and I hope you are correct, but I don't want to find out at the game.

I think this is all part of the club's master plan that has gone unnoticed!

Create uncertainty and panic amongst the fan base, that way they all turn up early and buy their tasteless food and piss masquerading as beer/lager/cider so it's a win win for them.

Tickets work well and they have all your money!

Me? I will go out about 11:30, frequent various local pubs before finishing a last pint in the Cooper's, Clarks pie from the van outside the park and get to the ground at 14:55, where there will be no queues as everybody went in at 1pm and my electronic ticket will work like a dream!

4 minutes ago, redkev said:

I just love the doom & gloom of OTIB and the seasons not even started yet ???

going by this thread at kick off there won’t be anybody in the ground 

I wouldnt be surprised of there are problems at the turnstiles on Saturday ?

4 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

I wouldnt be surprised of there are problems at the turnstiles on Saturday ?

There is a.ways this sort of issue pre season tbf it’s usually sorted on the day or the problem is only a fraction of what people think it will be .

worse I can remember was the city v gas night game many years ago , had my ticket but couldn’t get in ( to quote a Rovers saying ) there were thousands outside who couldn’t get in and apparently it was rammed inside aswell 

17 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Spoke to ticket office this morning.

A very helpful person sorted me a paper ticket for Saturday and a plastic card for rest of season will arrive before the Brum game.

I feel sorry for those who are having to sort such a stupid mess. Amateurish is too nice to describe the ST situation.

Jerry called and sent an email.

Great response from him, he's sorted it out so that my physical card will work saturday onwards and they've negated the digital card.

Edited by bcfc01
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, eardun said:

Looks like some sort of reward card rather than season ticket. I’m expecting both forwarding of season tickets and downloads to be from the Bristol sport ticketing page where we can see our personal details, season tickets, tickets etc. You can see the various options. Need the promised guidance though! 

Crikey: I hope that’s not a reward card to put in your wallet.

Faced with a purchase that comes with a discount for a season ticket, attracts reward points, and then needs paying for, poor @Bristol Rob won’t know which way to turn ?

31 minutes ago, redkev said:

There is a.ways this sort of issue pre season tbf it’s usually sorted on the day or the problem is only a fraction of what people think it will be .

worse I can remember was the city v gas night game many years ago , had my ticket but couldn’t get in ( to quote a Rovers saying ) there were thousands outside who couldn’t get in and apparently it was rammed inside aswell 

If that's the same game I'm thinking about, the club sold some seat twice that night

7 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Crikey: I hope that’s not a reward card to put in your wallet.

Faced with a purchase that comes with a discount for a season ticket, attracts reward points, and then needs paying for, poor @Bristol Rob won’t know which way to turn ?

You'll find me nostalgic for halcyon days of imaginary food vouchers cash. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, cidered abroad said:

Spoke to ticket office this morning.

A very helpful person sorted me a paper ticket for Saturday and a plastic card for rest of season will arrive before the Brum game.

I feel sorry for those who are having to sort such a stupid mess. Amateurish is too nice to describe the ST situation.

Glad to hear that you are sorted.

Same result as Mrs Redtucks, but it really shouldn't have been necessary!

?

• Like 1