IGNORED

Season Tickets

cidered abroad

57 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

They are/were technically non-transferable from memory...but I bet plenty did loan them to mates/colleagues/family members over a season.

A relevant regulation in this area.

Screenshot_20230803-000855_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2eb61223839aa105552a43835f228256.jpg

https://www.ashtongatestadium.co.uk/season-card-terms-conditions/

Although Written Consent of the Club..but absolutely the call of the Club.

See 10.3 and 10.4 of the same terms though:

10.3 If Season Card Holders cannot attend a match but know of a Guest who can attend in their place they are able to do so provided the Guest is of the same Price Category for example, an Under-22 card holder can give their card to another under-22 to use for a game but not to someone that is older.
10.4 If the Price Category of the Ticker User differs to that of the Season Card Holder, for example if an Adult wants to attend on an under-12 Season Card Holders ticket, an upgrade fee will apply. This will be charged at the rate of a full price ticket minus the pro-rata price of the Season Card. In the event that the pro-rata price exceeds the ticket price no refunds will be offered by the club. The Ticket User will require a ticketing account.

• Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, eardun said:

See 10.3 and 10.4 of the same terms though:

10.3 If Season Card Holders cannot attend a match but know of a Guest who can attend in their place they are able to do so provided the Guest is of the same Price Category for example, an Under-22 card holder can give their card to another under-22 to use for a game but not to someone that is older.
10.4 If the Price Category of the Ticker User differs to that of the Season Card Holder, for example if an Adult wants to attend on an under-12 Season Card Holders ticket, an upgrade fee will apply. This will be charged at the rate of a full price ticket minus the pro-rata price of the Season Card. In the event that the pro-rata price exceeds the ticket price no refunds will be offered by the club. The Ticket User will require a ticketing account.

Thanks.

Perhaps that takes precedence then? Anyone? I always took then to be non-transferable however.

10 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Dave, up until the season before last (I haven't checked last season or the terms in force when the 23/24 season cards went in sale) the terms were that you could lend your season card to someone in the same or cheaper category as you - you certainly didn't need to ask permission for this. Lending to someone in a more expensive category was only allowed if you upgraded the ticket via the club - clearly this was potentially subject to significant abuse, and maybe a catalyst for the recent change.

9 hours ago, phantom said:

This could be of use if you could provide a link to this please 

I must admit in the back of my mind I thought season tickets were non transferable 

I’ll try to dig out what I found yesterday. That clearly said non transferable (including not lending) without permission. I know that wasn’t what happened! 

@Sleepy1968 @phantom these were the ones I found. Look like the above but under the “Bristol sport” banner. Permission of the club seems to be the starting point for me - even to ‘lend’.

I suppose there could be a debate about whether what follows constitutes

- granting permission in those circumstances, or

- giving guidance/examples on when permission might be granted

But that’s probably one for the lawyers!

https://tickets.bristol-sport.co.uk/usercontent/documents/html/tsandcs.html

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, italian dave said:

@Sleepy1968 @phantom these were the ones I found. Look like the above but under the “Bristol sport” banner. Permission of the club seems to be the starting point for me - even to ‘lend’.

I suppose there could be a debate about whether what follows constitutes

- granting permission in those circumstances, or

- giving guidance/examples on when permission might be granted

But that’s probably one for the lawyers!

https://tickets.bristol-sport.co.uk/usercontent/documents/html/tsandcs.html

As above - 10.3 and 10.4 appears to allow it. 

26 minutes ago, italian dave said:

I’ll try to dig out what I found yesterday. That clearly said non transferable (including not lending) without permission. I know that wasn’t what happened! 

Dave, I think I found that last night when I was searching for the old 'lending' wording, which I think I will struggle to find because the wayback machine doesn't seem to archive the relevant bits.

What I think might be the case was that there were two conflicting docs, or that transfer meant a transfer of ownership, and lend meant a one off borrow when you couldnt attend.

Anyway, it would have been ambiguous at best, and i agree with your point that what they've done now is to clarify and nail down your rights.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Dave, I think I found that last night when I was searching for the old 'lending' wording, which I think I will struggle to find because the wayback machine doesn't seem to archive the relevant bits.

What I think might be the case was that there were two conflicting docs, or that transfer meant a transfer of ownership, and lend meant a one off borrow when you couldnt attend.

Anyway, it would have been ambiguous at best, and i agree with your point that what they've done now is to clarify and nail down your rights.

I think “ambiguous at best” sums it up perfectly!

As a contract, it’s a jackpot for the lawyers! There’s even a couple of sentences that make no sense at all! 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, eardun said:

They did:

Season Ticket renewals from March 20th

14 Mar 2023 

Existing Season Ticket holders can go online to secure their seat for next season or any other seat which is currently available, with phone renewals starting from Monday, March 27th.  

City Members can secure a Season Ticket for 2023/24 from Wednesday, March 22nd, while General Sale begins from Tuesday, March 28th.

Adult tickets start from £375 in the Family Area while the popular South Stand is £385 for adults – working out at just £17 per game.

Under-12s will receive a Season Ticket, including a replica outfield shirt from new kit supplier O’Neills, for as little as £55 in a price freeze that also includes Under-19s.

City Chairman Jon Lansdown said: “Thank you for your support week-in, week-out. Our average crowds this season are up to 20,256, which is a 1,000-plus increase on last season, and we have more than 14,000 Season Ticket holders, again an increase on the previous year.

“That is a fantastic testament to your continued support, especially in what is a difficult time for many, when living costs are going up. We recognise that supporting your team is not a luxury, it’s a way of life that often lasts a lifetime.”

2023/24 Season Tickets will be digital so, prior to the start of the season, you will be able to add your Season Ticket to Apple/Google Wallet on your mobile phone. Supporters that do not have a smart phone will have the option of a physical season ticket for 2023/24. More information on how to do this will be issued in due course.  

No mention of restrictions!

9 hours ago, StGeorge said:

FFS piss off from an old folk

We invented computers, the internet, mobile phones etc. 

of course!

goes without saying that lots of older people will be just fine. 

but for many, who haven’t grown up with technology, it will be difficult. 

Many don’t have smartphones - but even those that do, they struggle with it. 

My mum isn’t a football fan, but if she had to do this, it would blow her mind. She has a smartphone, but has no idea what Apple Pay is 

Edited by Riaz
  • Like 1

Use of a Season Ticket
3.1 Subject to clause 3.2, below, Season Tickets are issued for your sole use and you shall not sell, assign or transfer or lend the Season Ticket or the benefit of it to any other person without the prior written consent of the Club [Can be transferred to supporter of the same price type, if another supporter of a different price type. Please see point – 10.3]. 

A bit of it is clear as mud. Issued for your sole use ie you and you cannot transfer or lend without the written consent of the club..yet the part in brackets sounds like a done deal if the same price category? A rubber stamp.

Yet anyone who transferred or loaned their season ticket, to a family member, friend, colleague- well it's impossible for me to know but I very much doubt they wrote to the club each time.

By the letter of the law it's a liberalisation, in practice it feels like a clarity and potentially a but of a tightening given the digital element makes it easier to track.

6 minutes ago, Henry said:

They’re operating like a Tory Government. See what we can get away with before doing a u-turn!

Tad ott. Just think the planning, communication- perhaps liaising between departments, it could be improved.

It now seems to be trending in the right direction for sure.

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 hours ago, Riaz said:

of course!

goes without saying that lots of older people will be just fine. 

but for many, who haven’t grown up with technology, it will be difficult. 

Many don’t have smartphones - but even those that do, they struggle with it. 

My mum isn’t a football fan, but if she had to do this, it would blow her mind. She has a smartphone, but has no idea what Apple Pay is 

How many 'older' people have not grown up with technology?  Bearing in mind that mobile phones and the internet have been around since the late 90's. There is absolutely no excuse for anyone under the age of 85 to struggle with it if they had embraced it when it was new. Stop with the old folk nonsense when it was their choice and not something to complain about now.

Edited by Sir Geoff
edit text
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Henry said:

They’re operating like a Tory Government. See what we can get away with before doing a u-turn!

definately 100% feels like they are pushing at what they can get away with.

but TBF, if they have made the change at least thats a positive. lets take that. it's easy to constantly berate the club (and boy, do they make that easy!) but we need to acknowledge when they do it right.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

How many 'older' people have not grown up with technology?  Bearing in mind that mobile phones and the internet have been around since the late 90's. There is absolutely no excuse for anyone under the age of 85 to struggle with it if they had embraced it when it was new. Stop with the old folk nonsense when it was their choice and not something to complain about now.

I disagree,

Computer and digital skills very massively in most age groups,

For example mobile phones have been around since the late 80's the smart phone has not,

The Internet has been around since the early 90s but mass use of the Internet really didn't take off until the early 2000's and then high speed Internet enabling us to do things we do today hasn't been around for that long and is still expensive for many,

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Sir Geoff said:

That’s bollocks. I work with someone who is in their 60’s and he’s my boss. He’s worked in an office his whole life - had an iPhone, for about 10 years.

He’s always asking me for help with his phone or computer. 

Some people, just don’t get on with technology. 

2 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Use of a Season Ticket
3.1 Subject to clause 3.2, below, Season Tickets are issued for your sole use and you shall not sell, assign or transfer or lend the Season Ticket or the benefit of it to any other person without the prior written consent of the Club [Can be transferred to supporter of the same price type, if another supporter of a different price type. Please see point – 10.3]. 

A bit of it is clear as mud. Issued for your sole use ie you and you cannot transfer or lend without the written consent of the club..yet the part in brackets sounds like a done deal if the same price category? A rubber stamp.

Yet anyone who transferred or loaned their season ticket, to a family member, friend, colleague- well it's impossible for me to know but I very much doubt they wrote to the club each time.

By the letter of the law it's a liberalisation, in practice it feels like a clarity and potentially a but of a tightening given the digital element makes it easier to track.

I'd personally argue that 10.3 and 10.4 constitutes written permission from the club to lend your season ticket to others on a match by match basis.

The sale or transfer has stricter rules under 3.2 but that's different circumstances to lending your ticket for a specific match. 

57 minutes ago, Riaz said:

That’s bollocks. I work with someone who is in their 60’s and he’s my boss. He’s worked in an office his whole life - had an iPhone, for about 10 years.

He’s always asking me for help with his phone or computer. 

Some people, just don’t get on with technology. 

How long have you been working for Steve Lansdown? ???

• Haha 2

28 minutes ago, Hittheginger said:

I'd personally argue that 10.3 and 10.4 constitutes written permission from the club to lend your season ticket to others on a match by match basis.

The sale or transfer has stricter rules under 3.2 but that's different circumstances to lending your ticket for a specific match. 

Is all academic now but surely the permission in writing of the club is the starting point? Even to lend.

Just now, TwoSheds said:

For a few weeks now I have had on my smartphone a digital ticket for Saturday 5th August. To play Preston North end. 

But today it's changed to Saturday 5th August Playing Birmingham City. 

What is going on 

Have you forwarded on Preston?

3 minutes ago, TwoSheds said:

For a few weeks now I have had on my smartphone a digital ticket for Saturday 5th August. To play Preston North end. 

But today it's changed to Saturday 5th August Playing Birmingham City. 

What is going on 

Are we home or away?  Brum isn't too far for me