IGNORED

Audio on Robins TV Not Working!

REDOXO

19 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

It's Tuesday isn't it? That's whats on the OS.  No reply from them yet. I really don't expect one, still at least they should have read our emails, so they know we are not amused.

13 minutes ago, eardun said:

Wednesday. Because it isn’t a league match, might be able to listen to it on Radio Bristol on the internet (in addition to Robins TV audio). Will have to see but that has been possible in the past. 

Yup Wed. Eardun does have a point there. We may get Radio Brizz direct as an option

7 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

As I just posted on the Audio not working thread, the OS through the app says Tues, then when you go to the fixtures it says Tues and Wednesday, times are different as well, bearing in mind it's EET where I live. Does anyone check what is posted on their website? I wish I could post a photo of the OS from my phone, but it means digging out my digital camera which doesn't have any batteries atm.

OS says Weds for me. The app also says Weds for me but note the app updated today (Apple) so you may want to check you have the up to date version. 

Edited by eardun

1 minute ago, eardun said:

OS says Weds for me. The app also says Weds for me but not the app updated today (Apple) so you may want to check you have the up to date version. 

I'm on an Android phone and the app was updated when I put it on yesterday, it's a mystery, just like Saturdays non existant RB commentary!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Do you mean on the RB website? I know all 3pm game are not transmitted, but it may because it's a cup game. What do you think?

I listen on an internet radio or the BBC Sounds app, but it’s the same as the website. You can’t listen to league matches (as prohibited) but I have listened to some cup matches in the past on the internet so it may be the same on Weds - don’t know for sure though. If I can’t, I’ll use Robins TV audio. 

4 minutes ago, eardun said:

I listen on an internet radio or the BBC Sounds app, but it’s the same as the website. You can’t listen to league matches (as prohibited) but I have listened to some cup matches in the past on the internet so it may be the same on Weds - don’t know for sure though. If I can’t, I’ll use Robins TV audio. 

I will do the same.

40 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Do you mean on the RB website? I know all 3pm game are not transmitted, but it may because it's a cup game. What do you think?

I think League Cup games are treated the same as league games and you can`t get them via RB on the internet. FA Cup is different and you can get those. I`ve never managed to get League Cup down here in Devon anyhow.

• Thanks 1

Does anyone know if the robins tv commentary is going to be used on a permanent basis? I found it terrible on Saturday, nowhere near enough detail for a radio commentary and long periods of silence. I had a reply to my email quite quickly saying “sorry you are leaving us” and that i cannot have a refund!

16 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I think League Cup games are treated the same as league games and you can`t get them via RB on the internet. FA Cup is different and you can get those. I`ve never managed to get League Cup down here in Devon anyhow.

Thanks. I could remember listening to cup games on the internet but wasn’t sure if league or fa cup 

2 hours ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

I seem to remember last season they were allowed to broadcast on the internet (overseas) for early league cup ties. However BCTV SHOULD have audio!

Edited by REDOXO
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, REDOXO said:

I seem to remember last season they were allowed to broadcast on the internet (overseas) for early league cup ties. However BCTV SHOULD have audio!

Yes they will have audio for all and it's got to be RB commentary, as there's no RTV.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Warwickshire Red said:

Nothing yet after 2 emails. May have to try PP soon.

When I got double charged for a RTV video season pass  last week, it took 2 days for them to put a refund through. I didn't get any prior acknowledgement, but they did email me to say that's what they'd done. Clearly, you haven't got what you paid for if you got TV commentary instead of Radio Bristol commentary, but I guess StreamAMG would need authorisation from the club before making refunds, so I'd assume it might take a couple of days longer.

Maybe collectively try the SLO before referring to PayPal, as it would probably be quicker in the long run. Good luck with this anyway.

Edited by Sleepy1968

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

When I got double charged for a RTV video season pass  last week, it took 2 days for them to put a refund through. I didn't get any prior acknowledgement, but they did email me to say that's what they'd done. Clearly, you haven't got what you paid for if you got TV commentary instead of Radio Bristol commentary, but I guess StreamAMG would need authorisation from the club before making refunds, so I'd assume it might take a couple of days longer.

Maybe collectively try the SLO before referring to PayPal, as it would probably be quicker in the long run. Good luck with this anyway.

Thanks for the info. I’ve emailed again so will see what happens.
Not a lot price wise but the it’s annoying in principle to be double charged.
The communication (or lack of it) leaves something to be desired too!

I've had some great emails from the streaming team. If you applied for a refund, we will be getting it. They also took the action to at least offer us a tv commentary as it was better than none. 

I have also suggested that because of my radio background, I'd be more than happy to monitor for a signal prior to ko and report as necessary. This has fallen on deaf ears in the past.

I'm sure our issue last Saturday was easily fixable prior to ko if somebody had bothered to read my email I sent them at 2.30pm. 

• Like 1

On 07/08/2023 at 21:49, REDOXO said:

I did check and it's not online for Radio Bristol.  I remembered some cup games being available last year so maybe they were early FA Cup games.

EFL Cup coverage of Bristol City v Oxford United and Ipswich Town v Bristol Rovers. NOT online.

16 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

I did check and it's not online for Radio Bristol.  I remembered some cup games being available last year so maybe they were early FA Cup games.

EFL Cup coverage of Bristol City v Oxford United and Ipswich Town v Bristol Rovers. NOT online.

I’m not convinced there will be Robins TV audio either as they are not offering a package for this match - only Millwall (I’ll try as I have an annual pass but may not be available)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, eardun said:

I’m not convinced there will be Robins TV audio either as they are not offering a package for this match - only Millwall (I’ll try as I have an annual pass but may not be available)

They have always offered for cup ties previously, however the past is not necessarily a guide to the future 

Talk shite have one of the other games but are normally good at keeping up to date

Edited by REDOXO

2 hours ago, Norn Iron said:

I've had some great emails from the streaming team. If you applied for a refund, we will be getting it. They also took the action to at least offer us a tv commentary as it was better than none. 

I have also suggested that because of my radio background, I'd be more than happy to monitor for a signal prior to ko and report as necessary. This has fallen on deaf ears in the past.

I'm sure our issue last Saturday was easily fixable prior to ko if somebody had bothered to read my email I sent them at 2.30pm. 

Had a similar reply apoligising and stating that there was a technical problem and they are looking into it to make sure it doesn't happen again.  I think the technical problem was someone who was responsible for the audio signal forgot to connect.