IGNORED

Oxford United at home - first round of the Carabao Cup

52 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

So as far as we know, Nige is picking from:

O’Leary / Wiles-Richards

Tanner / Vyner / Dickie / Pring / Roberts (plus Araoye / Knight-Lebel)

James / Knight / Williams / King

Sykes / Cornick / Wells / Bell / Mehmeti

meaning if he wants to name a 20 man squad tonight, 2 more need to be added.  Yeboah didn’t play in u21s, so possible he gets one slot???

I wonder how far Naismith and McCrorie are?  I’m not suggesting them for tonight though.

Jed Meerholz didn’t play either, I reckon he could be the other player alongside Yeboah. 

Really hope we can put in a good performance to get the confidence levels up for both the players and supporters.

The pre-season win against them is meaningless, they had played and beat Swansea the night before playing us. Given the performance Saturday, this isn't an easy game even though we'll have a strong team due to injuries.

Six Championship teams went out to lower league opposition last night, four of them at home as well - Southampton, Hull, Millwall, PNE, Watford, and Sunderland. There are six Championship teams playing tonight and all against lower league opposition, a couple will probably lose, I hope one of them isn't us.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

There were 28 games last night though so worth them doing a Soccer Special. There`s only about three tonight so they might not bother.

Six tonight but understand what you mean, Rangers in the CL may sway it a bit?

But this is SSN so nothing else to realistically cover, so we may see more of our game later?

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, phantom said:

Six tonight but understand what you mean, Rangers in the CL may sway it a bit?

But this is SSN so nothing else to realistically cover, so we may see more of our game later?

SSN is showing as "The Transfer Show" when the games are on tonight, so guessing there's no dedicated soccer special.

I guess it's a case of getting Burton v Leicester on and hoping for goals from elsewhere to be shown.

22 hours ago, phantom said:

Correct it is misleading 

This was actually brought up with Phil Alexander and Dave Barton at the meeting the other week 

Two bits I can feed back ;

Phil said that the club were currently looking into whether these additional charges are common around other football clubs, and he would be reporting back as soon as the checks were complete

It was asked why any additional cost couldn't be included in the advertised price, using your example above Phil stated that the ticket would show £10 though and people would question the difference in cost - the ticket could show the included amount on the home tickets but obviously wouldn't on the away ticket 

The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) Code rule 3.18 states that all quoted prices must include non-optional taxes, duties, fees and charges that apply to all or most buyers. If a booking fee is not optional, ticket prices must be stated inclusive of any booking fee, unless the booking fee cannot be calculated in advance.

I would argue that the booking fee is not optional (I.e. you have to pay it regardless of whether you print at home or get a print copy), so should always form part of the price advertised and not be tagged on, so if the club advertised tickets for tonight's game as 'from £10' then they would be in breach.

• Thanks 2
  • Admin
11 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) Code rule 3.18 states that all quoted prices must include non-optional taxes, duties, fees and charges that apply to all or most buyers. If a booking fee is not optional, ticket prices must be stated inclusive of any booking fee, unless the booking fee cannot be calculated in advance.

I would argue that the booking fee is not optional (I.e. you have to pay it regardless of whether you print at home or get a print copy), so should always form part of the price advertised and not be tagged on, so if the club advertised tickets for tonight's game as 'from £10' then they would be in breach.

Just for clarification please, is this up to date?

The next SC&T meeting will be the first week in September, if not resolved before then I want to ensure that I am using the correct and latest information please, especially as this is something that I have no experience in

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Just for clarification please, is this up to date?

The next SC&T meeting will be the first week in September, if not resolved before then I want to ensure that I am using the correct and latest information please, especially as this is something that I have no experience in

https://www.asa.org.uk/advice-online/ticket-pricing-1.html

Here is the link, seems to be the latest guidance, certainly from Nov 2021 from what I can see, I just checked our website and when you book the tickets it says the price including fee, but I don't know if they have advertised anywhere the 'tickets from £10' line?  I assume from some comments that they have, which is in breach as misleading.  Can you tell I'm a Head of Internal Audit? ?

• Admin
2 hours ago, cc1983 said:

Hi, going tonight but not watched city since i was a kid... Where do you park? is the DJ parking thing off ashton vale rd reliable?

I guess it depends how long ago you were a kid

Mostly street parking, be mindful of parking restrictions all around the ground

21 minutes ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

https://www.asa.org.uk/advice-online/ticket-pricing-1.html

Here is the link, seems to be the latest guidance, certainly from Nov 2021 from what I can see, I just checked our website and when you book the tickets it says the price including fee, but I don't know if they have advertised anywhere the 'tickets from £10' line?  I assume from some comments that they have, which is in breach as misleading.  Can you tell I'm a Head of Internal Audit? ?

Yes, they definitely advertised as 'from £10'

Screenshot 2023-08-09 at 15.51.44.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Robin 1
4 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

There were 28 games last night though so worth them doing a Soccer Special. There`s only about three tonight so they might not bother.

Six games tonight, plus the draw is later tonight. Glasgow Rangers start their Euro campaign tonight as well, so I'm expecting a Soccer Special..

4 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

Really hope we can put in a good performance to get the confidence levels up for both the players and supporters.

The pre-season win against them is meaningless, they had played and beat Swansea the night before playing us. Given the performance Saturday, this isn't an easy game even though we'll have a strong team due to injuries.

Six Championship teams went out to lower league opposition last night, four of them at home as well - Southampton, Hull, Millwall, PNE, Watford, and Sunderland. There are six Championship teams playing tonight and all against lower league opposition, a couple will probably lose, I hope one of them isn't us.

Yeah I'm not normally bothered about the league Cup but with a disappointing first league game and a mini injury crisis, we could really do without more negativity in the shape of an upset tonight. Going to Millwall with all of those vibes isn't ideal.

3 minutes ago, 22A said:

Six games tonight, plus the draw is later tonight. Glasgow Rangers start their Euro campaign tonight as well, so I'm expecting a Soccer Special..

It`s showing the transfer show until 8 and then straight to Sky Sports News for the rest of the evening. They might show the goals on SSN I suppose but no Soccer Special by the looks of it. Burton v Leicester is the live game.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

Ah well , we can always concentrate on the league …..:laughcont:

Quite a few Championship teams struggled  / lost last night as they didn't take it seriously and rested first teamers.

Dunno about you, but i'd prefer a League game tonight and have the Cup next week.

• Like 1