IGNORED

Catering in the Ashton Gate concourse

Lack of Action Man

Okay, may be having a moan over a minor thing but seriously whoever is managing stock at the ground needs a fat steel toe-capped boot up their backside. Kiosks in the south stand running out of pies and pasties at half time!

Wtf!!

Though we then did have a fairly tasty burger from the van by the thatchers bar, at £22 for 2 burgers we won’t be buying there often. 

• Sad 2

7 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Okay, may be having a moan over a minor thing but seriously whoever is managing stock at the ground needs a fat steel toe-capped boot up their backside. Kiosks in the south stand running out of pies and pasties at half time!

Wtf!!

Though we then did have a fairly tasty burger from the van by the thatchers bar, at £22 for 2 burgers we won’t be buying there often. 

Well, dolman kiosk ran out at 2.30 of certain items. Perhaps they should try selling club merchandise behind the kiosks so theres actually something to buy. ?

Edited by nickolas
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

To provide some balance here, considering the home sell out the half time beer queue moved exceptionally well in the Dolman as they’d pre poured loads.

However £7:50 for a hot dog pre discount (for my son, not me) is robbery with violence.

Not only is it robbery the hot dogs are frankly crap. Whole cabinet full of them in the south stand kiosk, not hard to see why. Get some more pasties in ffs.

You could also argue the lack of food meant queues flowed more quickly… maybe.

• Like 1

I'd like to meet the genius who replaced the pasty concession in the Dolman with donuts.

Maybe the crowds of kids that sit in the Lansdown like donuts at football, but the average age in the Dolman is about 62 - and I can tell you that English men just do not wanna munch donuts at football. It's a winter-based game FFS - and we're not Americans! 

• Like 13
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

I'd like to meet the genius who replaced the pasty concession in the Dolman with donuts.

Maybe the crowds of kids that sit in the Lansdown like donuts at football, but the average age in the Dolman is about 62 - and I can tell you that English men just do not wanna munch donuts at football. It's a winter-based game FFS - and we're not Americans! 

Hang about.......there's a donut stand? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Red-Robbo said:

I want to laugh at this, but I can’t you’re spot on. ******* stupid idea. 

• Like 4

While we're on off-field moans - would it kill them to put up the halftime scores on the big screen, rather than read them out. Through the Dolman PA, which is presumably a matt black, stacked 60W Midi system bought from Tandy's in the mid-80s, the guy might as well have been reciting Burmese poetry.

We always used to put the scores up. Why not now? You've got big screens - use them. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 6

52 minutes ago, OddBallJim said:

Wtf!!

Isn't half time quite a good time for kiosks to be selling out.?

Having covered pre-match & into the interval..? I'm sure they'd prefer that to having loads left in the hope of shifting them at the end of the game.

Running out during half time seems pretty good to me & nobody is going to starve in the coming hour until they can get something elsewhere. 

• Like 2

Just now, Bar BS3 said:

Isn't half time quite a good time for kiosks to be selling out.?

Having covered pre-match & into the interval..? I'm sure they'd prefer that to having loads left in the hope of shifting them at the end of the game.

Running out during half time seems pretty good to me & nobody is going to starve in the coming hour until they can get something elsewhere. 

Not when you consider I got in the queue at 40 mins (I.e. still in the first half technically).

******* crap.

Just now, OddBallJim said:

Not when you consider I got in the queue at 40 mins (I.e. still in the first half technically).

******* crap.

I never understand going to a football match & then missing nearly 10 mins of the match to go & stand in a queue.

It's like people who start heading for the exits on 80/85 mins...

Always makes me wonder why they bother going in the first place.

In fairness, I was at the Mansfield match - so would never leave a game early.!

• Like 4
  • Robin 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

One other observation.

The clock is now supposed to show the actual time, the clock the scoreboard, whatever.

It stopped at 90 I think and at 45.

Further, they seemed to be showing the game on the big screen??

Which I think is the most pointless thing ever. Who is going to go to a live match and with it happening directly in front of you in glorious technicolour, is going to watch a piddly little picture on a blurred screen located at a 90 degree angle to your head.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

One other observation.

The clock is now supposed to show the actual time, the clock the scoreboard, whatever.

You correct about the time. I guess the work experience kid didn't get the memo.

Live game on screen? If you sit close enough and have razor sharp eye sight that is.... I'd rather have the score only, maybe a ticker with latest scores elsewhere.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I never understand going to a football match & then missing nearly 10 mins of the match to go & stand in a queue.

It's like people who start heading for the exits on 80/85 mins...

Always makes me wonder why they bother going in the first place.

In fairness, I was at the Mansfield match - so would never leave a game early.!

I needed a wee and I was hungry? Jheez.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nomad said:

You correct about the time. I guess the work experience kid didn't get the memo.

Live game on screen? If you sit close enough and have razor sharp eye sight that is.... I'd rather have the score only, maybe a ticker with latest scores elsewhere.

Oh agreed. Time was a few years ago it used to he bigger but I agree score and just replays of our goals.

25 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

One other observation.

It’s bonkers why they stop it at 45 / 90 mins, why not run it until the added time is up?

This year the screen looks far to ‘busy’ with so much advertising etc on there it’s virtually a waste of time trying to make sense of what is worth looking at with numerous ads desperate to sell stuff rather than be a place for proper information to be shown - bring back the black and white placards around the edge of the pitch at half time!

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Red DNA said:

It’s bonkers why they stop it at 45 / 90 mins, why not run it until the added time is up?

This year the screen looks far to ‘busy’ with so much advertising etc on there it’s virtually a waste of time trying to make sense of what is worth looking at with numerous ads desperate to sell stuff rather than be a place for proper information to be shown - bring back the black and white placards around the edge of the pitch at half time!

They are supposed to, new EFL rule was mentioned the other day.

Yes I noticed more advertising. Price of striving got success in the modern game too I guess.

Hope Millwall have this covered. I have a dance fitness class beforehand* and don’t eat before that, am going straight to the game from there and am going to be bloody hungry by half two…

*I love it but am so crap it is hilarious. I got advised to give up running due to a knee injury at Christmas so this is what I do now…

59 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

For when I next come to AG - are they:

a) Krispy Kreme type donuts, larger, glazed or filled and iced on top; or are they

b) what I call (and this is probably not politically correct) "dirty carny" donuts. Smaller, deep fried and served in a bag of sugar.

I'm only interested in the latter.

Edited by ExiledAjax
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

For when I next come to AG - are they:

a) Krispy Kreme type donuts, larger, glazed or filled and iced on top; or are they

b) what I call (and this is probably not politically correct) "dirty carny" donuts. Smaller, deep fried and served in a bag of sugar.

I'm only interested in the latter.

TBH as I've never felt like eating a donut at a game, I didn't find out.

I had to have a rip-off hot dog instead.