IGNORED

Catering in the Ashton Gate concourse

Lack of Action Man

1 hour ago, OddBallJim said:

Okay, may be having a moan over a minor thing but seriously whoever is managing stock at the ground needs a fat steel toe-capped boot up their backside. Kiosks in the south stand running out of pies and pasties at half time!

Wtf!!

Though we then did have a fairly tasty burger from the van by the thatchers bar, at £22 for 2 burgers we won’t be buying there often. 

For £22 they can buy a whole box of burgers. That’s taking the piss - and I say that as someone who loves a filthy van burger. 

• Like 2

On a day when there are too numerous targets to have a pop at, starting with the Manager and every one of his coaching staff, it's good to see someone has their priorities right. Yes indeed, today was all about the pies, not the eternal mystery that is Harry Cornick, our complete lack of a pattern of play, our piss poor fullbacks who we rely on so much, etc etc etc

So here's a positive! At half-time, they briefly played some "lounge muzak", not only that but played it at an appropriate volume - so that for a blissful 10 minutes I could actually hold a conversation with the person sat right next to me, ie about 12 inches away, without having to shout myself hoarse.

Thank the lord for small mercies.

Edited by Merrick's Marvels
  • Like 1
  • Flames 1

39 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Hope Millwall have this covered. I have a dance fitness class beforehand* and don’t eat before that, am going straight to the game from there and am going to be bloody hungry by half two…

*I love it but am so crap it is hilarious. I got advised to give up running due to a knee injury at Christmas so this is what I do now…

Millwall do have this covered, or they did a season or so back. They have a cafe like place where you could sit, it was basic but functional. I only had chips but pies etc looked decent and it was cheap. It wasn't inside the actual stadium, but in the carpark/grounds. It was probably for home fans mainly but a few of us ate in there. And before anyone asks, not a hint of trouble.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

On a day when there are too numerous targets to have a pop at, starting with the Manager and every one of his coaching staff, it's good to see someone has their priorities right. Yes indeed, today was all about the pies, not the eternal mystery that is Harry Cornick, our complete lack of a pattern of play, our piss poor fullbacks who we rely on so much, etc etc etc

So here's a positive! At half-time, they briefly played some "lounge muzak", not only that but played it at an appropriate volume - so that for a blissful 10 minutes I could actually hold a conversation with the person sat right next to me, ie about 12 inches away, without having to shout myself hoarse.

Thank the lord for small mercies.

Edited by Brizzle
Meh
  • Like 1

Got a pint of Gold at the South Stand concession, it was off.

Load of kids faffing around and about 6 pint glasses with a bit of cider in each whilst kid tries to pour a pint and fails, tipping the bits into the pint. I got my money put back on my card after a faff to see who could do it.

Went around the corner to see about 20 pints lined up in a concession, gave that a miss and ended up in the Nest next to the Dolman entrance where I got a proper pint of Gold from the tap.

Concessions run by kids, not good.

13 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Got a pint of Gold at the South Stand concession, it was off.

Load of kids faffing around and about 6 pint glasses with a bit of cider in each whilst kid tries to pour a pint and fails, tipping the bits into the pint. I got my money put back on my card after a faff to see who could do it.

Went around the corner to see about 20 pints lined up in a concession, gave that a miss and ended up in the Nest next to the Dolman entrance where I got a proper pint of Gold from the tap.

Concessions run by kids, not good.

Everyone has to start somewhere though , your also not really going to find vastly experienced bar staff willing to work for minimum wage, only on weekends too. 

• Like 1

Solution to all this running out of pies/pasties is simple: purchase 2 Clarks pies from the van by the park for less than the cost of 1 inside the stadium. Eat 1 while drinking outside your venue of choice..Cooper's, Rising Sun, Spanish, Fan Village, and keep the other for half time. Buy 3 if you have a long journey home.

We all love a pie don't we?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, petelekg said:

Both coffee shops only cater for full fat milk no skimmed or semi skimmed options for latte

Also  no Crisps or snacks only doughnuts so have to queue twice it you want a snack and a coffee 

there are coffees and pies by w14,  but not same as old coffee outlet by w12 which had very nice cheese pasties and beef ones...:).

Bring it back!!!

Right, here's what I don't get about this whole thread... for the whole 47 years I've been going to City games, the Saturday matches have been kicking off at 3pm, roughly half way between lunchtime and dinnertime, (or dinnertime and teatime, as we used to call it when I were a lad). 

So my question for you all is, why do you need food when you go to football on Saturday? It's totally between meal times, isn't it?! Can we not wait a couple of hours? 

• Like 6

I do my usual gagging for a piss at the 25 min mark , hold it on til 40 mins , have my slash then in the queue for a steak pasty , to be greeted with only vegan pies left , or a choice of a gash hot dog with I tried last year , which was basically a **** sausage in a bun ,no ta ! , Walk to Lansdown concourse with no joy , half tempted with pork roll but £8 odds no thanks . Hank Marvin until a shop pasty later on . 

I turned up quite late. Around half 2. Went to one of the outside bars and the card machines were playing up. Took ages for them to actually set it up to pay on multiple machines and then it wouldn't accept contactless from phones, only from card. It then took an age to process the transaction. Staff were quite rude too about it as if I was the problem for simply wanting to buy a beer and didn't even offer an apology for the time it took to pay.

Half time went to the other outside bar and they had similar problems. 

I noticed they are using different card machines this season so probably something to do with that. Things sometimes go wrong in life, that can't be helped, but poor customer service can be helped. It's such a basic thing.

9 hours ago, petelekg said:

Both coffee shops only cater for full fat milk no skimmed or semi skimmed options for latte

Also  no Crisps or snacks only doughnuts so have to queue twice it you want a snack and a coffee 

Don't understand why the milk isn't semi skimmed. It's the most popular selling milk. Go into any Greggs it's semi skimmed and seems to be the milk of choice in most commercial outlets.

Edited by E.G.Red
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

Everyone has to start somewhere though , your also not really going to find vastly experienced bar staff willing to work for minimum wage, only on weekends too. 

Exactly. They might look like kids to @bcfc01but they have to be at least 18 years old to serve alcohol, or at least be supervised by an adult, it's the law.

Also as you say it's minimum wage and it's hard in the hospitality industry (or retail where I am experienced) to get staff to work weekends (and I include Friday nights in this) as they all want to be out with their friends.

So @bcfc01 give them a break as at least they are there, working when you are having fun. Without young staff there really would be less choice for you. Be a nice customer and treat them like you would want a relative of yours treated, we all started off in work once.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, bristol_dunc said:

I do my usual gagging for a piss at the 25 min mark , hold it on til 40 mins , have my slash then in the queue for a steak pasty , to be greeted with only vegan pies left , or a choice of a gash hot dog with I tried last year , which was basically a **** sausage in a bun ,no ta ! , Walk to Lansdown concourse with no joy , half tempted with pork roll but £8 odds no thanks . Hank Marvin until a shop pasty later on . 

Doesn`t anyone else in the queue mind about that...........................................................

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, City Rocker said:

Right, here's what I don't get about this whole thread... for the whole 47 years I've been going to City games, the Saturday matches have been kicking off at 3pm, roughly half way between lunchtime and dinnertime, (or dinnertime and teatime, as we used to call it when I were a lad). 

So my question for you all is, why do you need food when you go to football on Saturday? It's totally between meal times, isn't it?! Can we not wait a couple of hours? 

Because some of us have long journeys to AG and if we also want a couple of pints before the game we won't have had lunch. 

The pasties weren't great, but they were at least something warm to keep you going. I'm not going to buy a frigging donut, nor, after yesterday's experience,  will I buy a £6.50 "hot dog". 

I will get something outside the concourse, or more likely, outside the ground. 

Lucky those who missed out on the pies...shallowness steak pies I've ever picked up...and very dry in the middle...why oh why when we had Chunks pies a few years ago has that changed...Happy to pay what they ask but need some quality!!

New Greek theme food..very expensive n not wraps..stuffed into very thick bread thing making content less and poor value. 

Then into Sports bar..n no seats...more staff saving rather than fan comfort..needed for early arrivals...of old creaky men!!

Gripes over..other than topped by awful football. 

47 minutes ago, Barrs Court Red said:

It’s a shame how it seems to have gone massively down hill since lockdown.  

There seemed to be a real sense of pride in the food previously(which was justified) but the quality has gradually gone down, while the cost has continued to go up.

While I agree about the cost, I had a steak and ale pie before kick off and it was lush mate. Best I've had for a while, last season I was disappointed with the pasties though.

I have to say, and I know trying to stock food for 20,000 plus people is a nightmare, the hot display cabinets were hardly rammed with 15 minutes to K.O.  
Another problem would be restocking. If you had some not selling in one area it would be virtually impossible to move them to another with the concourse rammed at H.T. 
As others have said, and it is annoying, running out is preferable to having stock unsold.