IGNORED

Catering in the Ashton Gate concourse

Lack of Action Man

• Admin
26 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

That’s not correct….

….it is part of Ashton Gate Limited revenue that is then transfer priced between the constituent companies.  That itself is a complex world that isn’t completely transparent in the annual accounts, I.e. the credits and debits don’t balance…I’ve tried! ??‍♂️

As for FFP, because City report to the EFL under Bristol City Holdings which includes BCFC and AG Ltd we do “benefit” from this kind of income.  The fact that AG Ltd makes a loss too shows that the structure want put in place for FFP but other reasons.

I hold my hands up, from a recent discussion with someone within the club that was certainly not the impression that I got, but I will admit that much of what was said had me scratching my head in disbelief

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, phantom said:

I hold my hands up, from a recent discussion with someone within the club that was certainly not the impression that I got, but I will admit that much of what was said had me scratching my head in disbelief

Doesn't surprise me at all.

32 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

My basic so probably not that well researched assumption is that some of the AGL revenue will be rugby related and that will account for the gap between AGL, BCFC and BCFC Holdings. ie Rugby matchday Hospitality may appear in the Rugby and AGL accounts but obviously ringfenced off from the football one.

That is correct, but I’ve even looked at the inter company movements from City to AG and AG to City and it doesn’t tally!  Ditto with Bears too.

• Thanks 1

I don't buy anything in the ground and don't look any further than the chippie on North Street, The Clark's pie van and the Coopers for my matchday refreshments. 

Fans really should support local pubs before and after the game if they can;  they traditionally rely on match day trade from us and now the rugby, and each one that closes down is a big loss to the wider area.

Supporting struggling pubs on match days goes far above giving extra money to City afaic.

Nothing much to recommend the concourse apart from the Gents imo.

Edited by Nogbad the Bad
  • Like 8

49 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

I don't buy anything in the ground and don't look any further than the chippie on North Street, The Clark's pie van and the Coopers for my matchday refreshments. 

Fans really should support local pubs before and after the game if they can;  they traditionally rely on match day trade from us and now the rugby, and each one that closes down is a big loss to the wider area.

Supporting struggling pubs on match days goes far above giving extra money to City afaic.

Nothing much to recommend the concourse apart from the Gents imo.

Nice and healthy!

• Hmmm 1

I wanna know who drank all the rascal before half time at the wedlock bar? I asked for 3 pints and was told it was sold out and had to have gold instead, I'm a thirsty bloke! Mind I did have to queue up for 10 minutes which I was not happy about. He then walked off and started chatting to one of the other young lands so I had to call him back to remind him to give me some drinks. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt seeming it was the first game. We hope it really improves next home game. 

As for the food at the ground I just don't bother it's overpriced and crap. The donut stand sounds terrible. I always love the clarks pies they are delicious. I asked the owner why he didn't sell them at the ground and he said they tried but got turned down. I thought how weird is that not using your local business. 

12 minutes ago, Oh Louie louie said:

The hot dogs being sold ten yards, from the urinals in the east end never hurt anybody 

I was a bit nervous last time I went to Bath City and bought a hot dog cooked on an open barbecue about 6 feet from the entrance to the gents.  You don't really want to hear flushing noises while waiting for your food!

• Admin
1 hour ago, James54De said:

Why is it, anyone can walk round and out the back of the south stand. 

If there was nobody else there it would be easy. 

Do you honestly think it is feasible for someone to walk from the Dolman stand around and outside, get served and then back to their seats during half time? 

1 hour ago, James54De said:

Wrong. 

Could you please advise what amount City get? 

1 hour ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

What, a pie, chips, or a couple of pints of real ale?

3 minutes ago, Super said:

I'm joking mate.

I knew you were @Super - but you know what: @Nogbad the Bad and I sometimes disagree on politics and occasionally we see the game differently, but he's spot on: pie & chips plus a pint or two MAKES a football day out. If we get 3 points, we can digest it all better. ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Do you honestly think it is feasible for someone to walk from the Dolman stand around and outside, get served and then back to their seats during half time? 

Depends on the contracts signed with Caterers. However, Bristol sport get none of it. AG is owned by Bristol City Holdings. 

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Yep. Often go out at half time, grab a beer and sometimes a burger. No problem. 

2 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

I knew you were @Super - but you know what: @Nogbad the Bad and I sometimes disagree on politics and occasionally we see the game differently, but he's spot on: pie & chips plus a pint or two MAKES a football day out. If we get 3 points, we can digest it all better. ?

Exactly, can’t believe it was so hard for some posters to get that way back at the start of this thread.

BCFC - you can stick your ******* donuts/doughnuts up your arse. Get the kiosks stocked up with an adequate amount of grub and not those god awful ******* hot dogs. 

Should not be running out of food at 40 minutes into the first half, simples.

• Like 1

On 05/08/2023 at 19:17, MattWSM said:

I am disappointed that the very nice coffee shop in the Lanadown w12 side has gone replaced with a donut shop. Gutted.

Agree with that. They were selling the best cappuccino but now it is watery and not very nice.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I went to the ‘fish and chip’ van before the game and a small tray of chips was £4.50, I couldn’t believe it (mind you I forgot to show my season card to get a discount) ??  But going back a couple of years ago I remember saying to a mate how reasonable the drinks prices were within the stadium. Now they are much more expensive and I still miss Thatchers Dry and have to settle with gold instead. 

• Like 1

Just now, Richwilkins50 said:

I went to the ‘fish and chip’ van before the game and a small tray of chips was £4.50, I couldn’t believe it (mind you I forgot to show my season card to get a discount) ??  But going back a couple of years ago I remember saying to a mate how reasonable the drinks prices were within the stadium. Now they are much more expensive and I still miss Thatchers Dry and have to settle with gold instead. 

Chips from the sports bar are £6.50 for the cheapest , just plain ones,  £9.50 for most expensive “loaded” ones.

• Flames 1

13 minutes ago, Wedontplayinblue said:

Chips from the sports bar are £6.50 for the cheapest , just plain ones,  £9.50 for most expensive “loaded” ones.

There’s a chippy opposite the Robins plus Fishminster and Willow Garden on North St that’d surely be better options if possible?

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Richwilkins50 said:

Fish and Chips in 2019 was good, got some at a night game from one of the external vans.

Sounds like that has gone downhill value wise too.

16 minutes ago, Richwilkins50 said:

No idea how that compares to the average chippy.

Portion of chios from your local chip shop costs how much?