IGNORED

I'm not very well and I don't know where else to go

Porto Red

Mate, please message one or any of us on here. 

Plenty of ppl who will be here to listen. 

If you need additional support, please see below 

SHOUT - text support service, 24/7

https://giveusashout.org/

Just text 'SHOUT' to 85258, to start a chat with a trained volunteer. Totally free. 

Mind in Somerset, 01823 276 892, again 24/7

https://www.mindinsomerset.org.uk/our-services/adult-one-to-one-support/mindline/

I'm sure some of our friends here can share Bristol support services too. 

Please don't be alone Friend, plenty of us out there want to help. 

Sending love xx

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

I hope this is not prying but if your issue is a mental health one I struggled with mine for years trying to tough it out until I finally plucked up the courage to see my GP. She was wonderful and it was such a relief not to feel alone. You are one of us, you are not alone. If you need it please ask for help.

• Like 7
  • Robin 2

1 minute ago, Porto Red said:

Sorry I ran out of likes, thank you each one of you who took the time to reply, I feel suitably embarrassed now because there are most people in life with better reasons to be messed up than mine, just all came to a head this evening but I'm ok really. You guys are heroes really. I'm going back in my shell now .

Don’t ever feel embarrassed for how you’re feeling, remember there’s always someone to talk to even if it’s us rambling lot. Always here for anyone, especially a fellow red. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Porto Red said:

Sorry I ran out of likes, thank you each one of you who took the time to reply, I feel suitably embarrassed now because there are most people in life with better reasons to be messed up than mine, just all came to a head this evening but I'm ok really. You guys are heroes really. I'm going back in my shell now .

Absolutely no need to feel embarrassed, you did a very brave thing. It’s good to talk, especially when you need support.

• Like 3

I often say, the strongest people are the ones who know when to ask for help. 

Thank you so much for getting back to us. And everyone's reasons for reaching out for support are all the best reasons, yours is no smaller or less worthy than others. 

If you need to, please see above for numbers. Or message us on here. 

And sorry, I missed the Samaritans number, it's 116123, it's free. 

Much love xx

• Like 4

A problem shared is less of a problem PR. Remember that plus you've a lot of friends on here. Some of us have had our own struggles so have been in dark places. Don't be remotely scared to reach out mate, it does help!

Most, myself included, waited far too long but felt massive relief when we did.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 5

1 minute ago, Porto Red said:

There is no reason to be embarrassed. What you did took courage and you should be proud of that. Your reasons are your own and not somehow less than anybody else's.

As you know PR OTIB is full of people who (as well as being a part of the BCFC ‘family’) have all kinds of experiences and skills. Your post says you don’t know where else to go, please reach out to one of us here on OTIB, for sure if we can help we will and if we need to we can help find appropriate help from others. 

• Like 2

There are a lot of really good people on here and a lot of replies that deserve my proper response, I will get round to when I can. Just went to say really and emotionally, thank you for being here for me, I know you would have done so for someone else who really needed it 

• Like 17

9 minutes ago, Porto Red said:

Don't ever feel embarrassed or that your reasons for feeling down are any less worth than anyone else's. If you aren't feeling good/well then you absolutely need to get some help. If your arm was broken, you'd go to a doctor. If mentally you aren't quite there, then go to a doctor. Same principle applies.

Assuming you are in Portugal then I'm sure there are local health services that can help you out. Good luck mate ? 

• Like 3